Mike Sherman

Takeo_14

Huge Bills fan, live in Appleton, Wi. When Mike Sherman was fired, you would not have believed the megative feedback. Nobody like Ted Thompson now. Coach Mike was a awesome guy. Very very well respected. I don;t know if it got national media, but one afternoon at a news conference everyone's cell phones were ringing and after that he told everyone turn their cell phones to silent or not more interviews. He walked out. Back when we traded up to get LOsman in front of GB he was very upset. He really likes JP. I'm going to be ecstatic if we hire Sherman. Becuase he is a tireless worker and a great influence.

Huge Bills fan, live in Appleton, Wi. When Mike Sherman was fired, you would not have believed the megative feedback. Nobody like Ted Thompson now. Coach Mike was a awesome guy. Very very well respected. I don;t know if it got national media, but one afternoon at a news conference everyone's cell phones were ringing and after that he told everyone turn their cell phones to silent or not more interviews. He walked out. Back when we traded up to get LOsman in front of GB he was very upset. He really likes JP. I'm going to be ecstatic if we hire Sherman. Becuase he is a tireless worker and a great influence.

572207[/snapback]

Thanks- I hope it gets done.

I like the fact that Sherman had an offense that was balanced and threw the ball down the field. Sherman is an offensive coach who let good defensive coordinators like Donatell and Bates run the show in GB.

Jauron had a reputation for conservative ball control offenses. Do a web search on Dick Jauron conservative and you get dozens of hits. Jauron is a defensive coach who let lousy offensive coordinators like John Shoop run his offense in Chicago.

For insight look at linked article for who Jauron also interviewed when he hired Shoop in Chicago; familiar retreads Trestman and Joe Pendry.

http://archive.sportingnews.com/nfl/articl...0/286661-p.html

Sherman is the better choice

If the Bills don't hire Sherman it'd be another example of the organization continuously doing things ass-backwards.  It's time to end that trend ASAP.

572328[/snapback]

You forgot to say "If the Bill dont do what I THINK..." :blink:

The only thing with Sherman is I hope we don't end up with the West Coast offense. I think the way to turn this thing around quickly is to model our team on the 1988 Bills...strong running game, special teams and defense. Jauron is more suited to that style of play.

Of course, Sherman's resume speaks for itself, but I don't think the WCO would work in Buffalo.

Buffalo has a much better defense than Sherman ever had in GB. His defenses have always stunk it up. He brought Bates in to do that and he did a fabulous job. That defense was the same that finished 28th in 04 finished 7th in 05. Look I'd be very excited if we get Sherman becuase on the flip side I think Bates may jump aboard to. That will be like having 2 HCs. Things are looing very good lets see what Marv and Ralph do!!!!

Buffalo has a much better defense than Sherman ever had in GB. His defenses have always stunk it up. He brought Bates in to do that and he did a fabulous job. That defense was the same that finished 28th in 04 finished 7th in 05. Look I'd be very excited if we get Sherman becuase on the flip side I think Bates may jump aboard to. That will be like having 2 HCs. Things are looing very good lets see what Marv and Ralph do!!!!

572414[/snapback]

Was just going to post the Bates connection, as I just read that on ESPN. If we are not going to interview Labeau, then go ahead and make a decision fast, and maybe Bates comes with him.

In terms of OC, it appears Heimindinger(whatever his name is) will not be retained by the Jets. He was pretty awesome with Billy Volek in TN, and to judge him on the jets this year i reaaly do not think is fair.

so we have

Hc Sherman

OC Heimindinger

DC Bates

Pretty good start on a staff right there.

The WCO offense may not work in Buffalo, but if Sherman elected to go in that direction, we do have much of the personnel that could run it. In fact, I think it would match well with JP's skills. The drawback, of course, is that it normally takes a QB a couple of years to pick it up.

572409[/snapback]

WCO = RJ!

Hey, Takeo 14, thanks for the info.

A few days ago, a poster had some feedback from Pack fans about Sherman requiring his assistants to be yes-men.

They said Sherman would not accept input from others, that he alone had to be right.

Sherman had not allowed any of the scouts to be in the war room on draft day. I thought that was outrageous, and not a good quality in a person (maybe that was when Sherman was GM also).

Any thoughts on Sherman as know-it-all?

Thanks.