The OFFICIAL American Idol 2006 Thread

Rico

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Yamin is still around. It is painful to watch him and if you close your eyes and just listen, his performances all sound the same and were boring after week 1. The judges pimping him week after week, have definitely helped him.

I can't believe Yamin is still around.  It is painful to watch him and if you close your eyes and just listen, his performances all sound the same and were boring after week 1.  The judges pimping him week after week, have definitely helped him.

689958[/snapback]

I totally agree. I try never to judge looks but maybe with $ he can fix his teeth. That is the only thing I see when he sings.

Some oral surgeon here in Richmond has offered to take care of his dental "needs" for free!

He is one ugly dude. But hell just a few months ago he was serving folks in my neighborhood coffee and the days egg special at the Westbury Pharmacy. I've said it before, IMHO, he is not "the" American Idol, but his voice is much better than those of you who hate him think and his story is a pretty good one.

I totally agree. I try never to judge looks but maybe with $ he can fix his teeth. That is the only thing I see when he sings.

689977[/snapback]

What's wrong with his teeth? (says the British guy)

I'm just glad the stylists made him shave that terrible link beard. Made him look like his chin was trying to escape from his face. The goatee works well for him.

What's wrong with his teeth? (says the British guy)

690067[/snapback]

:D

What is the deal with British teeth, anyway?? No fluoride in the water? No orthodontists? I don't get it.....

Kat McPhee.....WOW.....'Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is one of the most beautiful songs ever, and she NAILED it.....that was absolutely beautifully done.

Ok, so I've noticed this several times this season, but tonight I was able to prove this theory to myself. During the recaps they are not showing the actual performances that the idols did a few minutes earlier. My take is that they are using the dress rehearsel footage for various reasons. I just watched Spazz's recap and then backed up the tivo to the last song and it was a little different. Even in the camera spin around the judges desks are manned by others and not Randy and company. My take is that they rehearse infront of a studio audience, but keep the judges out so they give an honest opinion. I would imagine for editing purposes its easier to take the rehearsal footage and compile the recap earlier in the night then to do it as the show is airing live.

Anyone else notice.

Soul patrol!!  :doh:  ;)

692742[/snapback]

Anyone else notice the Bruce Sprinsteen/Courtney Cox dance segment between Taylor and Paula? It was straight out of the video. Paula even had those '80's white girl dance moves down to a "t". Weird. :blink:

Anyone else notice the Bruce Sprinsteen/Courtney Cox dance segment between Taylor and Paula?  It was straight out of the video.  Paula even had those '80's white girl dance moves down to a "t".  Weird.  :blink:

692760[/snapback]

This may be sacreligous since I am the biggest Springsteen fan, but Tard did a great job!

And can you believe Randy picked a Joe Cocker song for him? He did great on that as well.

Spaz & McFunbags should make for an interesting final(especially if Paula is drunk or high again :doh: ). Yamin needs to go home. He is boring beyond belief and will make for a lackluster finale.

Like the slip that someone had a couple of weeks ago, I had to watch myself several times, as the urge to to use the term "McFunbags" as I watch with my wife and daughter is great. :blink:

Like the slip that someone had  a couple of weeks ago,  I had to watch myself several times, as the urge to to use the term "McFunbags" as I watch with my wife and daughter is great. :blink:

692784[/snapback]

I do not have to worry about that. MrsKRC also refers to her as McFunBags after reading Coli's reviews.

And can you believe Randy picked a Joe Cocker song for him? He did great on that as well.

692774[/snapback]

Funny you say that, but right before they anounced his song, I told my wife "I hope they give him something to really get his tard on, like Joe freakin Cocker."

We were in hysterics after they said he was singing "you are so beautiful". Unfortunately he didn't get his tard on at all. I thought a minimum of 3 tard arm movements, along with at least 20 seconds of full on tard dancing and one huge tard floor flop really would have done some justice but we had to settle for the heart felt performance. :blink: