You know, If we do get Sherman

1billsfan

Favre is not that old when you consider how long Vinny Testeverte played. If he knew he had a solid team to make a run I think he might be open to the idea. Send them Willis McGahee and draft Lendale White with the eighth pick. Of course we'd absolutely need to get Bentley and another solid veteran for the offensive line. Get Grady Jackson for the DT position next to Adams. Retain Clements. The only hole would be to get a DE and I would hope they'd be able to get John Abraham for that.

That my friends would be an instant playoff team!

So the Packers will take MaGahee for Favre straight up? :huh: This all seems nice in fantasy land but in the real world their are 100 reasons why this won't work. Starting with my first statement. No way the pack makes that deal. They need O'line and defense. Just because they went six deep with their running backs doesn't mean they need one. I'm guessing Green or Davenport will be their starting RB.

Favre is not that old when you consider how long Vinny Testeverte played. If he knew he had a solid team to make a run I think he might be open to the idea. Send them Willis McGahee and draft Lendale White with the eighth pick. Of course we'd absolutely need to get Bentley and another solid veteran for the offensive line. Get Grady Jackson for the DT position next to Adams. Retain Clements. The only hole would be to get a DE and I would hope they'd be able to get John Abraham for that.

That my friends would be an instant playoff team!

570992[/snapback]

Yes lets trade a solid running back for a 37 year old quaterback who led the league in interceptions last year (behind a better line than ours).

I think we should send them WM and Lee Evans. Hell, why stop at two 1st round draft picks for a QB that has cotemplated retiring for the last 2 years, let's give them Losman too.

Three players that were drafted in the first round, now that's a fair trade for an interception machin....errr, future HoF QB!

No doubt, I'd guess that he still has at least 30 INTs in him.

571016[/snapback]

Perhaps. Or maybe he'll just stick with the 3880 yards, 20+ TDs and 62% completion rate without an actual receiving corps....

What were Losman's numbers again?

Perhaps. Or maybe he'll just stick with the 3880 yards, 20+ TDs and 62% completion rate without an actual receiving corps....

What were Losman's numbers again?

571018[/snapback]

What do Losman's numbers have to do with the fact that Favre had a horrible season? Not to mention Favre's WRs have nothing to do with the fact that he throws up for grabs balls and make horrible decisions multiple times per game.

What do Losman's numbers have to do with the fact that Favre had a horrible season?  Not to mention Favre's WRs have nothing to do with the fact that he throws up for grabs balls and make horrible decisions multiple times per game.

571029[/snapback]

True, Favre had a horrible season interception-wise. However, a lot of those "up for grabs" balls were big receptions with better receivers. Robert Ferguson's refusals to go after a catchable ball were the cause of at least 4 or 5, all by himself. Some of those were touchdowns if Javon Walker was still on the field.

Losman's numbers are relevant because Favre would be a huge upgrade - and wouldn't have had anywhere near 30 INTs if he was throwing at Evans and Moulds.

Glass houses...

What do Losman's numbers have to do with the fact that Favre had a horrible season?  Not to mention Favre's WRs have nothing to do with the fact that he throws up for grabs balls and make horrible decisions multiple times per game.

571029[/snapback]

You're mocking a trade for Brett Favre when the Bills have JP Losman as their starting quaterback. Please don't tell us JP has more than Favre at 36.

Also, the notion that WRs have nothing to do with interceptions is downright just wrong.

BTW Plunkett, Elway and Brad Johnson all had Superbowl wins after the age of 36. Give Favre the horses and he could still be one of the best again.

You're mocking a trade for Brett Favre when the Bills have JP Losman as their starting quaterback. Please don't tell us JP has more than Favre at 36.

Also, the notion that WRs have nothing to do with interceptions is downright just wrong.

BTW Plunkett, Elway and Brad Johnson all had Superbowl wins after the age of 36. Give Favre the horses and he could still be one of the best again.

571046[/snapback]

Yes, I'm mocking a trade for a 37 year old QB that has contemplated retirement and has just come off the worst season of his career. WHAT AM I THINKING?!

Yes, I'm mocking a trade for a 37 year old QB that has contemplated retirement and has just come off the worst season of his career.  WHAT AM I THINKING?!

571049[/snapback]

I'd still take him for a year or two. The options don't seem much better.

I think we should have a contest that would vote for what poster makes the most frequent dumb suggestions.

571050[/snapback]

If you think JP is better than Brett Favre then I can see why there a disconnect here. Think I'm the dummy? Think again. Look in the mirror bro.

If you think JP is better than Brett Favre then I can see why there a disconnect here. Think I'm the dummy? Think again. Look in the mirror bro.

571058[/snapback]

Umm, yeah. Right. You win.