Another Gem From Hillary

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would the reaction be if Bill Frist made such a comment?

BE HONEST.

572052[/snapback]

Honestly, I'm sure that it would receive immediate condemnation from everyone on the Democratic side of the aisle, as well as from the Black 'leadership'.

That's not really the point, though... The comments themselves weren't 'racist'. They were stupid. I am not at all interested in a discussion about who can say what, when, and where, and which party is 'racist', and which party is the 'panderers'. Those are just labels. I'm mostly interested in this topic as it relates to real race discussions. And, quite simply, what Sen. Clinton said was not racist. If Bill Frist had said this, I'm sure that there would be people calling the comments racist. The fact that it would now be Democrats and the NAACP doesn't change the fact that it isn't a racist comment.

I think black voters are capable, bright and intelligent citizens, no more likely to be duped into voting for a party whose policies hurt them than you are.  Accordingly, and by truly embarassing majorities, they vote for democrats.  For years now the Republicans keep telling themselves that the overwhelming rejection of their party by african americans is due to some sort of villainous propaganda, a mystifying piece of rhetorical wizadry by Democrats as opposed to a legitimate reaction by them to Republican policies inimical to their interests.

I understand that you disagree strongly with their view of Republican policies and whether or not they truly are bad for african americans and I respect that.  However, they clearly disagree and you see that over and over in their voting stats.  Their opinions contrary to yours as to the efficacy of Republican policies are deserving of just as much respect as yours.  Sure they may be wrong but I think it is disrespectful to label them as some sort of dupes helpless to discern the truth obscured by democratic propaganda.

I think they know the democratic party all too well, warts and all.  They know the Republican party too and all things considered, they overwhelmingly vote for democratic candidates.  That is going to continue unless and until the Republican party stops convincing itself that they are victims of a combination of democratic lies and blacks being unable to see the truth.

572322[/snapback]

I don't know where all these capable, bright and intelligent voters are that you speak of. Of any race. Registered in either major party. I have to call major, gigantic, heaping BS on that one. The propaganda has been selling well for years, and nearly everyone's buying.