This weekend was the first that

Johnny

as far as i have seen, Tom Brady kinda lost it on the first play from scrimmage, taking exception to SS John Lynch's enthusiasm...Brady mocked Lynch while he pumped his fist in sharing enthusiasm with the crowd

as the game went on he missed throw o' plenty being hurried and nervous, probably killed plenty of worms on bad screen passes

i dont blame the patriots loss all on brady, just some of it

His INT killed them.  It was similar to the Panthers SB, except that the Pats were impotent offensively this time around since Denver's defense wasn't totally gassed.

569423[/snapback]

I completely agree. It was the single biggest play of the game. An INT in the endzone is a spectacular blunder in a playoff game on the road.

If you hit Brady and put pressure on him he becomes mediocre. He has always benefitted from excellent protection and excellent offensive schemes. The key is if you are going to go after him you have to get there before he can hit his safety valves w/o any pressure. Kudos to the Broncos - they kept coming after him even after the Pats made a couple plays.

If you hit Brady and put pressure on him he becomes mediocre.  He has always benefitted from excellent protection and excellent offensive schemes.  The key is if you are going to go after him you have to get there before he can hit his safety valves w/o any pressure.  Kudos to the Broncos - they kept coming after him even after the Pats made a couple plays.

569440[/snapback]

Very true, and Brady has always been as big a whiner as the rest of the Pats. It's just that for the first time in forever, the calls didn't go their way, and they couldn't stand it. I mean, the way that team lobbies officials after seemingly EVERY play you'd swear they changed into striped shirts between plays. Since when are players supposed to be in the officials huddle? NE is the most annoying team to watch, as it's guaranteed that their receivers will make a motion for a flag after every drop, Brady will scream and yell after every hit, and defenders will run to the nearest zebra before any decision of consequence. Disgusting bunch of crybabys and I'm glad to see their quest for 3peat ended in spectacular fashion. Maybe now we can watch a real team that just flat kicks @ss like Carolina. Not a wussbag among them. :pirate:

This applies only to Tom Brady.  No other QB becomes mediocre when he is hit and under pressure.

:pirate:

569670[/snapback]

Methinks you don't even know what you are on to here-

I've always held the same position, that Brady will play like he did Saturday just like other QBs when he's pressured. The problem with most media and fan positons about Brady is making him out to be "one of the great" talents at the position WHEN HE IS UNDER NO PRESSURE AT ALL. They've done a great job giving him plenty of time to run their scheme in the past, Saturday they didn't. And he looked like I've seen him loook against the Fish last year when he got a little pressure on him and earlier this season when Indy put a little presure on him. What's been typical for the guy is to stand in the pocket for 4-5 seconds as he needs it on most game days. No one else around the league has had the same consistency in protection.

Actually that wasn't the first time we've seen that from Brady. There have been a couple other instances where he's allowed his emotions to take control of him early in a game. In every one of those instances (about 3-4 total that I've seen), the Patriots have proceeded to play very un-Patriot like ball and eventually lose the game.

Actually that wasn't the first time we've seen that from Brady. There have been a couple other instances where he's allowed his emotions to take control of him early in a game. In every one of those instances (about 3-4 total that I've seen), the Patriots have proceeded to play very un-Patriot like ball and eventually lose the game.

569785[/snapback]

Incredible. So what your saying, Simon, is that when faced with the same pressure that many other QBs face on any given Sunday, Mr. Clutch is no better than any other QB, and in fact may be worse because he gets too emotional and his team almost always loses. Interesting.

Incredible. So what your saying, Simon, is that when faced with the same pressure that many other QBs face on any given Sunday, Mr. Clutch is no better than any other QB, and in fact may be worse because he gets too emotional and his team almost always loses. Interesting.

Nope, those are the words you're putting in my mouth.

I think more often than not Brady is preternaturally calm and that his success comes from great decision making and getting the ball out on time and on target before pressure can even become a factor. However when pressure does become a factor I ahve seen multiple instances of him standing in there and delivering outstanding throws while big ugly men are about to bash his grill in.

I think the guy is a very good QB in a very good system where the whole has become even greater than the sum of its parts. I was just pointing out that, while he is usually very udner control that there have been a handful of instances where his emotions have bubbled to the surface early in a game and all of those instances have ended badly for the Patriots.

So, no you're not going to suck me into this. :pirate:

I think...Brady is...in a very good system...[and] while he is usually very udner control that there have been a handful of instances where his emotions have bubbled to the surface early in a game and all of those instances have ended badly for the Patriots.

569801[/snapback]

Outstanding post. And when that system breaks down he does as well. Excellent job, Mr. Moderator. I couldn't have said it any better myself. :pirate:

If you hit Brady and put pressure on him he becomes mediocre.  He has always benefitted from excellent protection and excellent offensive schemes.  The key is if you are going to go after him you have to get there before he can hit his safety valves w/o any pressure.  Kudos to the Broncos - they kept coming after him even after the Pats made a couple plays.

569440[/snapback]

That is the main reason why he has succeeded there. There management has made the O-line a priority!!! But, alas, not in Buffalo. :blink: