Did You See Pittsburgh,Indy and Carolina

Mark VI

They could block well and actually find a seam downfield to catch the ball for big gains. Some could even score Touchdowns. I seem to remember the Bills using one, many years ago.

A rumor is that our HC who just quit was a TE for 9 years in the NFL. Yet I never saw one block or being used this past season. 3 stooges named Campbell, Euhus and Nuefeld had TE next to their name but never did a thing. I guess our ex-coach was dumber than I thought.

These playoff coaches seem to have some good TE's.

We should go shopping and get one or two of those. They seem to help teams win.

didn't campbell do some things for us last year?

the biggest problem with our entire ex coaching staff is they just picked plays as if they were playing madden (badly at that).

nothing was ever run to set up other plays or to wear down the opponents.

we never showed them one tendency and got them when the bit.

these guys just sucked

They could block well and actually find a seam downfield to catch the ball for big gains. Some could even score Touchdowns. I seem to remember the Bills using one, many years ago.

A rumor is that our HC who just quit was a TE for 9 years in the NFL. Yet I never saw one block or being used this past season. 3 stooges named Campbell, Euhus and Nuefeld had TE next to their name but never did a thing.  I guess our ex-coach was dumber than I thought.

569044[/snapback]

i believe the bills tried to upgrade the TE by adding a guy who can "hit the seam", but unfortunately he was injured in his first practice.......he deserves a chance to show what he can do...........

A rumor is that our HC who just quit was a TE for 9 years in the NFL. Yet I never saw one block or being used this past season. 3 stooges named Campbell, Euhus and Nuefeld had TE next to their name but never did a thing.  I guess our ex-coach was dumber than I thought.

569044[/snapback]

What this strange thing you call TE?

What this strange thing you call TE?

569054[/snapback]

It's a foreign concept they usually are lined up next to the tackle and some of them are as fast as wr's so they occasionaly line up split out like a wr. They're used as receivers to work the middle of the field or split the seems. Teams with young quaterbacks generally use them as a safety valve. Some of them even dominate better then wr's. These are the rare breed. Not all of them can block, but if you can get the te to do it all you got yourself one hell of a player. This team currently has none that are capable. I know this stuff sounds crazy but really it's true I swear :w00t:

I think there's something wrong here. I'm sure that the league officials will review the films from these games and in all likelihood they're going to find that these teams cheated and had 11 men on the field and not the 10 that our Bills did these last five years.

It's a foreign concept they usually are lined up next to the tackle and some of them are as fast as wr's so they occasionaly line up split out like a wr.  They're used as receivers to work the middle of the field or split the seems.  Teams with young quaterbacks generally use them as a safety valve.  Some of them even dominate better then wr's. These are the rare breed.  Not all of them can block, but if you can get the te to do it all you got yourself one hell of a player.  This team currently has none that are capable.  I know this stuff sounds crazy but really it's true I swear  :w00t:

569062[/snapback]

:angry:

569044[/snapback]

What was especially maddening, as a fan rooting against the Steelers, was the inablilty of Indy's D to locate the TE running free through the secondary every passing play. It was obvoius that the Steelers were using this to offset the LB and S blitzing. All game long the TE's were uncovered.

It's a foreign concept they usually are lined up next to the tackle and some of them are as fast as wr's so they occasionaly line up split out like a wr.  They're used as receivers to work the middle of the field or split the seems.  Teams with young quaterbacks generally use them as a safety valve.  Some of them even dominate better then wr's. These are the rare breed.  Not all of them can block, but if you can get the te to do it all you got yourself one hell of a player.  This team currently has none that are capable.  I know this stuff sounds crazy but really it's true I swear  :pirate:

569062[/snapback]

These tight ends you saw over the weekend were very good because they weren't forced to stay in and block for a bad offensive line. Your TE can't catch the ball if he has to block every play. The alternative is to have him run out to catch the ball, and see the QB get sacked (more frequently than usual).

All of this is in Buffalo of course... Other teams have a good offensive line.

CW