Haslett, Cottrell, Bobby April

Mark VI

The Bills could take their time but with Senior Bowl week fast approaching ( out of work coaches/asst. coaches by the bushel will be there looking for jobs, as is tradition ), a quick hire is likely. ( Within 5 days, I'm betting. )

Bobby April was rumored to be promoted to asst. HC. Marv was a ST's coach in his early days and would obviously like this idea.

Ted Cottrell has a past with Marv and is well liked. Obvious

Haslett will be on the phone, begging for this job and would take Ralphs' soup and a sammich salary to do it.

Give the HC a 3 year contract and offer the asst. coaches the same 3 year deal to attract some quality. Give this team some stability and return to the business of finding player talent during the off-season.

Haslett !

564731[/snapback]

Haslett is the guy with HC experience among those three....But I really

like Mike Sherman. The guy took his team to 3 playoffs in 4 years...

The only negative effect will be is our Offense will have to learn the

WC offense which takes time...but then currently this team has no

offensive identity to begin with....

Haslett is the guy with HC experience among those three....But I really

like Mike Sherman. The guy took his team to 3 playoffs in 4 years...

The only negative effect will be is our Offense will have to learn the

WC offense which takes time...but then currently this team has no

offensive identity to begin with....

564949[/snapback]

Getting Mike Sherman also might get us our defensive coordinator in

Jim bates....That guy can flat out coach and if I remember the Fish players

loved playing for him.

Bobby April was rumored to be promoted to asst. HC. Marv was a ST's coach in his early days and would obviously like this idea.

564663[/snapback]

I was going to respond to your other BA post that he has the inside track IMHO.

1. He will come cheap because he has NO shot of being a HC elsewhere.

2. He comes from within, so as to ease the concerns of the players. He also has a read on what transpired in recent years.

3. Being the ST coach, you know Marv is looking to create a real legacy and what better way than to give an opportunity to someone to follow in his footsteps. (this is the kind of decision making that will scare me about Marv).

I don't see how it will be anyone else at this point...

IT WONT BE HASLETT!

Just remembered the controversy that he stirred last year about a 270 lb lineman taking roids and making the probowl because of it. Pissed alot of people off in the Bills organization and former players because they felt it was directed toward C Kent Hull. <_<

No way Haslett gets the job!

The Bills could take their time but with Senior Bowl week fast approaching ( out of work coaches/asst. coaches by the bushel will be there looking for jobs, as is tradition ), a quick hire is likely. ( Within 5 days, I'm betting.  ) 

Ted Cottrell has a past with Marv and is well liked. Obvious

Haslett will be on the phone, begging for this job and would take Ralphs' soup and a sammich salary to do it.

Give the HC a 3 year contract and offer the asst. coaches the same 3 year deal to attract some quality. Give this team some stability and return to the business of finding player talent during the off-season.

564663[/snapback]

How bout Monty Kiffen. According to this article in the tampa paper, he may be wiiling to listen to offers.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/13/Bucs/Kif...s_pursuin.shtml

I could live with Cottrell, could not live with Haslett, and think April would be a good move. As tennesseeboy points out, April is the only highlight of what is left of the Bills coaching staff. April has done a great job with what was a horrible unit.

I want Mike Sherman. He's been to a super bowl. Part of the Bill Walsh gang. And he's been to the playofs almost every year with Green Bay.

565150[/snapback]

when he went to a Super Bowl was he a HC or a coordinator? I seem to recall Greggo going to a Super Bowl too