Mularkey simply doing what Ralph should

jahbonas

Mularkey resigning is simly reacting to a terrible situation that cheap SOB created. How would ANYONE (especially one in the business for 47 years) not realize the impossible situation Wilson put Mularkey in - could he have put Mularkey on any thinner ice?

Fires his 2 coordinators...and also has a repuation for not paying coaches....and obviously only kept Mularkey on because he did not wish to pay !!!!!

And amazing this was ralphs bold 'last move' to do things right before he passes on.....incredible....

And people think he desrved to be in the HOF???

Why? for letting tom cousineau sing with CFL? jim kelly and joe cribbs to the CFL? Ahmad Rashad for $15k???

Or maybe it was for firing the 2 best scouting/GM organizations in football??

I'm glad to see Mularkey go...we need a better HC....but that does not excuse the fact that he should have simply been released in a clean sweep

You make some good points but I truly believe Ralph wants to win one before he dies.

563711[/snapback]

Yes, but WANTING to win one and doing all that it takes to win one are 2 very different things.

Those recent 365 articles outlining the best OC/DC candidates for the Bills mentioned that Ralph does not like to pay top dollar for assistants (co-ordinators).

Well, I'm sorry, old man, but the adage "you get what you pay for" is quite factual in most cases.

You pay 2nd-rate salaries - guess what you get? Mmm-kay, 2nd-rate coaches. Guys that might get you back to the delightful 9-7 record.

They want Gregg-o retread Steve Friggin Fairchild back again for OC??? Why?

Brett Maxie for DC? How about making Dom Capers an offer that will keep him out of Miami???

Brace yourselves, Bills fans, we will probably be getting some new 2nd-raters!

excuse me - but Marv is in charge of personnel.

Fortunately, MM fixed the first big mistake of the Levy administration.

563820[/snapback]

Yeah but don't you remember Wilson's press conference that he was going to return as President of the team and his choice of GM would keep Mularkey as HC? This tells me Wilson is back in control which means we fans are in some trouble.

Mularkey resigning is simly reacting to a terrible situation that cheap SOB created. How would ANYONE (especially one in the business for 47 years) not realize the impossible situation Wilson put Mularkey in - could he have put Mularkey on any thinner ice?

Fires his 2 coordinators...and also has a repuation for not paying coaches....and obviously only kept Mularkey on because he did not wish to pay !!!!!

And amazing this was ralphs bold 'last move' to do things right before he passes on.....incredible....

And people think he desrved to be in the HOF???

Why? for letting tom cousineau sing with CFL? jim kelly and joe cribbs to the CFL? Ahmad Rashad for $15k???

Or maybe it was for firing the 2 best scouting/GM organizations in football??

I'm glad to see Mularkey go...we need a better HC....but that does not excuse the fact that he should have simply been released in a clean sweep

563698[/snapback]

Perhaps this is just the result that RW wanted. Any good business person would like to save a few bucks whenever they can, and this is a desireable result from a business perpective. By the way, RW's contributions to the league and game far surpass this trifling. If you bother to do the research, it is extremely likely that today's successful NFL wouldn't exist without some of RW's help.

Perhaps this is just the result that RW wanted.  Any good business person would like to save a few bucks whenever they can, and this is a desireable result from a business perpective.  By the way, RW's contributions to the league and game far surpass this trifling.  If you bother to do the research, it is extremely likely that today's successful NFL wouldn't exist without some of RW's help.

563936[/snapback]

Please tell me this research I must do to see the GREAT contributions of wilson??? emlighten us....i've enlightened above at some of the major disasters he has done to our own hopes.......someone tell ralph there is no salary cap on coaches,,,and also share with him that your 87 yrs old and you cannot take it with you !!!!

Guest BackInDaDay
Please tell me this research I must do to see the GREAT contributions of wilson??? emlighten us....i've enlightened above at some of the major disasters he has done to our own hopes.......someone tell ralph there is no salary cap on coaches,,,and also share with him that your 87 yrs old and you cannot take it with you !!!!

564558[/snapback]

Here ya go...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=562559

You make some good points but I truly believe Ralph wants to win one before he dies.

563711[/snapback]

Yet, old Ralph has really mucked up the works. Mularkey was left a lame and limping duck fater the first wave of dismissals. It also was fairly clear that Mularkey was given a reprieve only because the the 3 years remaining on his contract. That surely doesn't bode well for him to be able to find assistant coaches and coordinators under these conditions. A clean sweep is what Ralph should have done once he made his decision.

What concerns me now is will we find a true HC, DC, OC, and assistants? There are many jobs out there and my guess is we will end up with newbies and we all saw what happened under Greg Williams when that was the case. Sure there was a salary cap purge, but we probably will see a few familiar faces depart this off season that might not be so easily replaced as well. Lets face it folks, a team run by an 87 year old man, no prejudice intended or inferred, may give many a pause to avaialble coaches and they most likely will look elsewhere. We'll get what's left. Great news.

FA's? Only possible now if we wave BIG bucks at them. In other words, we are far less attractive to an FA now than since the FA & Cap began. No stability, old owner, shaky local economy for where the team resides.....Yeah, that's where I'd want to go....

Yet, I'll still be a Bills fan in spite of everything that's happened. I will also remain hopeful that I'm wrong and we do find a qualified HC, DC, OC, as well as the assistant coaches needed.

It's gonna be a tough few weeks/months ahead and it could be a very long, long season in 2006. Hello 1985 all over again?

This quote from todays D and C article supports what you're saying.

Mularkey had at least two years remaining on his contract and perhaps a third paying him $1 million a season. While he was the highest-paid coach in Bills history, that salary is far below the $2.8 million average for NFL head coaches, according to the NFL Coaches Association.

564558[/snapback]

http://www.buffalobills.com/FrontOffice-Wilson.jsp

http://www.ralphtothehall.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Searc...C._Wilson%2C_Jr

I agree with MM that the situation was not conducive to winning. How can he attract asst coaches and free agents?!? seriously?!? He probably was viewed as a lame duck coach by everyone around the league. Also, i don't like the point that Leo Roth brought up about the Executive staff being fragmented all over the country. Other than Ralph, all these guys need to live in B-Lo and suck it up. How do you expect players to do off season programs in town if the executives don't live there?