WHO DO PEOPLE WANT AS "OUR" HEAD COACH

Gardinier

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want someone who knows how to handle players, communicate with the fans, and basically inspire everyone. I hear that Jets Def Coordinator Donnie Henderson is a guy that his players would run thru walls for.

Whether it's him or not, I want that kind of guy. I don't think Fassel is that guy. Gregg Williams wasn't that guy, no matter how good a DC he is/was. Haslett? I'm not sure.

Choose wisely Marv.

Anybody but a coordinater who does not deserve to be elevated to a head coach.  We've had two of those consecutively.

563707[/snapback]

I think with Ralph's "thriftiness", the only coach we can get for low money IS a coordinator looking for a shot. For every GW and MM, there's a John Fox and a Lovie Smith...

The Bills could get a "dog" hiring some coordinator, but could find a diamond in the rough as well. I think Marv's intuition may be better than TD's to find a head coach.

I could go for Fassel - he has experience being a head coach and can handle the media and scrutiny. If he could handle New York City, Buffalo oughta be a breeze.

I also think there are plenty of legitimate candidates...I just wish Ferentz didn't withdraw his name (if I heard that correctly). But we need a coach who players will play hard for - Cottrell, Donnie Henderson, etc. - and one that knows the right guys to bring on board with him.

Jeff Fisher might be a pipe dream at this point, but one can dream....

I want someone who knows how to handle players, communicate with the fans, and basically inspire everyone.  I hear that Jets Def Coordinator Donnie Henderson is a guy that his players would run thru walls for.

Whether it's him or not, I want that kind of guy.  I don't think Fassel is that guy.  Gregg Williams wasn't that guy, no matter how good a DC he is/was.  Haslett? I'm not sure.

Choose wisely Marv.

563706[/snapback]

I agree. My choice would be Donnie Henderson. That guy will get it done with any team he decides to coach. Does anyone know if he has even been offered a head coaching job yet?