MOULDS TO EAGLES FOR OWENS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats your brilliant plan for turning around this 5 & 11 team w/ the league's 29th ranked offense, and getting them back in the playoffs next season?
Not TO....I'd say grab 1 or 2 real good free agent OL and 1 or 2 free agent DL and re-negotiate Moulds. TO is a great talent but he's alienated himself from 2 teams...no thanks.

Not TO....I'd say grab 1 or 2 real good free agent OL and 1 or 2 free agent DL and re-negotiate Moulds. TO is a great talent but he's alienated himself from 2 teams...no thanks.

571616[/snapback]

finding, paying and integrating 4 new linemen sounds like an impossible task to me -- i cant even think of one team that ever did that in 1-year. i'll take my chances on an incentives-laden contract with a player like TO who shows he can jettison a team by himself and focus on just keeping this now-certainly desperate player in check.

If JP/Holcomb didn't have time to throw to Evans or Moulds....What makes you think they will have to throw to TO? Look at Denver or Carolina...These two teams had time to throw this weekend and the mooses to run the ball...It all start up front....Not saying TO isn't great (I don't see him as a huge upgrade over Moulds)...but we have other needs.

not sure how you can say that.  think of what the pats, jets and fins would think if bills got TO?  they'd all feel very threatened knowing that for an impotent 5 & 11 team headed no where, that a move like this could turn the tables in the division. and if it doesn't so what? the bills can't get any worse.

571580[/snapback]

Last post in this thread...promise.

It's not that TO wouldn't help the Bills...he probably would. It's just that there's a better chance that the Bills will dig up the body of Vince Lombardi and prop him up on the sidelines than that they will end up with TO. I know it and you know it. You want it to happen...I don't care what you want or what I want, it ISN'T gonna happen. No way, no how.

Have you heard ONE SINGLE MENTION of this possibility by ANY reputable source? I'll answer that...NO! Seems everyone undestands this but you.

I'll think he'll end up in Denver. Dallas is a possibility...maybe Atlanta...

Buffalo? er...uh...NO! :huh:

Last post in this thread...promise.

It's not that TO wouldn't help the Bills...he probably would.  It's just that there's a better chance that the Bills will dig up the body of Vince Lombardi and prop him up on the sidelines than that they will end up with TO.  I know it and you know it.  You want it to happen...I don't care what you want or what I want, it ISN'T gonna happen.  No way, no how.

Have you heard ONE SINGLE MENTION of this possibility by ANY reputable source?  I'll answer that...NO!  Seems everyone undestands this but you.

I'll think he'll end up in Denver.  Dallas is a possibility...maybe Atlanta...

Buffalo?  er...uh...NO!  :huh:

571735[/snapback]

youre helping to make my point: there's a good chance he'll end up in buffalo because a. he has to go somewhere and b. the list of possible choices is limited. let's examine your 3 candidates:

denver - no way i see a disciplinary like shanahan, who has always favored a run-oriented offense and whose team is having a successful year, rock the boat w/ TO;

dallas - no way eagles let TO go to another team in their division. this is why they will trade and not release him; at least they can control where he goes, no matter what they get or dont get for him;

atl - better chance than the others, but i'd give them less of a chance than buffalo because a. they're in the same conference as the eagles and the eagles won't want to have him in the same conference and b. vick's ego looms large over that team and it could scare everyone another TO versus McNabb type situation develops. on the buffalo side there is no ego or super star player for TO to clash with

TO is not going to be traded. Only a maroon would allow Philly to get something for nothing. The smarter move is to let Philly release him and bid for TO in the open market. A market by the way that is pretty dry. Not only would you not be forced to give up anything, you would recieve him at a reduced salary.

That said, I agree that the Bills are unlikely to go that direction.

This has to be the worst thread ever. If you knew anything about the Bills, you'd know why this deal will never get done. You think Ralph would ever sign a paycheck for this guy? You think he'd spend that much on a free agent who's proven he's good at two things: catching balls and tearing teams apart? You think Marv wants this guy? You think TO wants to go to a sh---y team without the means to get him the ball? Even if they wanted to, do you think the Bills would sign one guy to suck up that much of the cap? He's not taking an "incentive laden" contract. Rosenhaus may not get TO the big deal he promised him, but he is going to get him straight cash, homey... none of this incentive crap.

And, no, Philly will NOT trade TO. They want to, but nobody is going to give up anything of value for him. The Eagles would have to be VERY desperate... like take a 3rd round pick. And while that may sound like something easy to do - and it would be for a superstar - you're still bringing on a guy who will alienate your fan base (especially in Buffalo), and put his interests over the teams at every turn. And we've seen how well that's worked for San Fran, Philly and even Baltimore.

This thread has to die, it reeks of stupidity.

lets hope the new coach is a confident visionary, who makes up his own mind regardless of what the naysayers are saying. someone that can see value and capitalize on opportunity. let's hope that new coach is the sort that will complete the moulds for TO trade.

572271[/snapback]

The new coach is going to be the sort that doesn't want the headache that is Terrible Owens.

And you say "complete" the deal like its been discussed. Other than the schlubs on this board who clearly know nothing about the business of football, who has ever even mentioned this as a possibility?

The new coach is going to be the sort that doesn't want the headache that is Terrible Owens.

And you say "complete" the deal like its been discussed.  Other than the schlubs on this board who clearly know nothing about the business of football, who has ever even mentioned this as a possibility?

572293[/snapback]

He's gotta be fishing here. I can't believe that jduncan really believes what he's saying, nobody is that foolish. (are they?) He just wants to push his silly topic to 10 pages come hell or high water.

lets hope the new coach is a confident visionary, who makes up his own mind regardless of what the naysayers are saying. someone that can see value and capitalize on opportunity. let's hope that new coach is the sort that will complete the moulds for TO trade.

572271[/snapback]

I can't billieve this stupid thread continues. Jdunkin Donuts...at 1st you said this is a 'done deal'. Now you are saying it is a possibility. Glad you are softening.

WHY WOULD THE EAGLES WANT ERIC MOULDS AND HIS $11Million/year SALARY ?? They had TO at $7 million/yr. Your trade just does not make any sense, not only for the bills...but not for the eagles either.

The two people behind me at work won't shut the hell up. They're just yapping away about nothing. I usually keep an old pair of headphones around so they'll think I'm listening to music and won't bug me, or try to talk to me.

Damn them for ruining my day. It's bad enough I'm at work, but having to listen to this all day is driving me crazy.

I am screaming obscenities in my head right now.

Shut up! Why won't you shut the hell up!

Dear god, let this end.