Ted Cottrell Fired

BuffMoose

Cottrell: Give me a break. If we were to bring him back, then I'd know that mularkey has no control over this thing and that we'll have the #1 pick in the 2007 draft.

Minnesota defensive players were bitching midseason about how lame and predictable and vanilla their defense was. even winfield went on record saying that the lack of an intelligent scheme and game plans was laughable.

and you guys want to rip apart the 43 that we spent 5 years building to hire a mediocre coach and start over with a 34?

Do you even realize we don't have the right personnel for that? Do you realize that no team has ever won a playoff game in their first year in a new defense?

Think again when you want to keep reaching back into the past.

560264[/snapback]

I could have sworn I read they were bitching about how complex the scheme was and they wanted him to simplify it. Which threw Teddy for a loop since he dummed it down to begin with.

and you guys want to rip apart the 43 that we spent 5 years building to hire a mediocre coach and start over with a 34?

Do you even realize we don't have the right personnel for that? Do you realize that no team has ever won a playoff game in their first year in a new defense?

560264[/snapback]

I'm guessing it won't be with Cottrell, but would a shift to the 3-4 honestly surprise you? Think about it - it's what the Steelers ran when Mularkey was there, and I believe every one of Marv's DCs was also a 3-4 guy.

Not saying it definitely will happen, or should happen - you're absolutely correct that the Bills have spent the last five seasons drafting/signing players for the 4-3. Just don't be too shocked if it DOES happen...

Cottrell: Give me a break. If we were to bring him back, then I'd know that mularkey has no control over this thing and that we'll have the #1 pick in the 2007 draft.

Minnesota defensive players were bitching midseason about how lame and predictable and vanilla their defense was. even winfield went on record saying that the lack of an intelligent scheme and game plans was laughable.

560264[/snapback]

and what have we won these past 5 years with a 4-3 defense?and even when we were statisticaly ranked #2 it was overated.we could never stop anybody on 3rd down or stop them when the game was on the line.teddy has been here twice.he was actually a coach here before wade phillips.and why dont we have the personal to run a 3-4?we do not even know marv and modrak want to draft.if we draft ngata then we do have the makings of a base 3-4 defense btw.i think teddy would do just fine here as our d coach

560264[/snapback]

I agree, not to mention the fact that the job he did with the Jest 'D' was less than stellar. Pass.

and what have we won these past 5 years with a 4-3 defense?and even when we were statisticaly ranked #2 it was overated.we could never stop anybody on 3rd down or stop them when the game was on the line.teddy has been here twice.he was actually a coach here before wade phillips.and why dont we have the personal to run a 3-4?we do not even know marv and modrak want to draft.if we draft ngata then we do have the makings of a base 3-4 defense btw.i think teddy would do just fine here as our d coach

560510[/snapback]

Explain to me how Aaron Schobel is a 3-4 DE? If we're looking for a D-coordinator with 3-4 experience than go with the best guy out there, Dom Capers.

I agree, not to mention the fact that the job he did with the Jest 'D' was less than stellar. Pass.

560511[/snapback]

What was Ted supposed to do with that group? Herm wanted a Tampa cover 2 defense. They did not have the personnel to run it. Ted made do with what he had. He then became Herm's scapegoat.