What does Mularkey have in common with GW and

ACor58

He is a nice guy, just like Greg Williams, Dan Reeves, Pete Carroll, Jim Fassel etc.

Outside of Dick Vermeil and Marv, think about the coaches that have been successful in this league:

Parcells, Belicheck, Gruden, Billick, Martz, Jimmy Johnson, etc.

They are all pricks and they don't take crap from their players. Imagine the post game press conference that one of these guys would have had if they were on the losing end of the Bills last two losses? Instead, Mularkey says that the problems are correctable, blah, blah, blah, dumb mistakes. The difference is that these guys don't tolerate dumb mistakes.

I noticed this in an article when Mularkey had one of the players call him Mike, instead of Coash. What the hell is that? For those of you that have ever played sports on succesful teams, would that have ever flown. It is not a coaches job to be friends with his players. It is his job to be critical and objectionable and not give a crap if he offends anyone.

How the hell has Mularkey not called out the O-Line, or E Moulds, or Fletcher for kicking the ball, or Nate for not knocking that pass down? Because he is a big Pu$$y that cares too much about whether or not his players like him.

Read the PC's more carefully of these "pricks" when they lose.

Gruden: "I’ll just say I am very proud of these guys. They played their butts off today and lost to a good football team. It’s unfortunate.” and "We need a big play somewhere along the way. We will look at it and see what we can do.” Oh, yeah, take 'em to task, John, and tell the press exactly how you'll fix the problems!

Billick: "Across the board, there were critical errors at critical times that we’re in the process of fixing right now." and "No, and I am not going to come back and critique each mistake of our players. They are doing that [in positional meetings] right now." Call 'em out, Brian!

Airing your dirty laundry in public only creates more of a rift during troubling times...

the difference in a good coach and a bad coach is not what he says, but what he does.

Mularkey needs to stop making excuses and giving us reasons why the offense sucks and deliver results. I'm sick of hearing that the O-line is the problem. BS!! defenses are stacking the line of scrimmage to stop the run and daring Bledsoe to beat the blitz. He can't and until there is a change at QB, the results are going to be the same.

the difference in a good coach and a bad coach is not what he says, but what he does.

Mularkey needs to stop making excuses and giving us reasons why the offense sucks and deliver results.  I'm sick of hearing that the O-line is the problem.  BS!! defenses are stacking the line of scrimmage to stop the run and daring Bledsoe to beat the blitz.  He can't and until there is a change at QB, the results are going to be the same.

39862[/snapback]

yeah...too bad we don't have our rookie QB in there, defenses are never prone to blitz them. ;)

He is a nice guy, just like Greg Williams, Dan Reeves, Pete Carroll, Jim Fassel etc.

39761[/snapback]

Greg Williams kept bitching about his players not executing the plays and

defended his coaching staff......Once you distance yourselves from the

players, the players are not going to play for you. We don't want

exactly that kind of situation.

Also, if Del Rio looses those two games, then he is a big scapegoat...today

he is called the one of the motivational coaches...go figure....

Same thing....1st week pittsburgh beats a oakland team and everone was

screaming that pittsburgh had the best defense....and boom...2nd week

they get creamed by a baltimore offense ....

It's a little early to judge Coach M, but what I see so far isn't promising. To give that same "we gotta do better" speech every week gets old. Right now it looks like MM is trying to stand by his players. But if they keep playing like this, he has to stand up and say "we suck and I am making some drastic changes."

If he doesn't, then we have GW part 2, a puppet coach who won't defy Tom Donahoe.

PTR

;)  :doh:  :D

Dammit NG, didn't you know that JP is the solution to all our problems or didn't you get that memo!

39872[/snapback]

Yeah, nothing spurs on a bad offense into super-production mode like putting in an inexperienced QB over a veteran! Just ask Dave Wannstedt, John Fox, John Gruden or Marvin Lewis! ;)

I remember in Preseason that MM said that the OLine was not going to be there in the first part of the season. Does anyone have a link to that comment? I remember that some were watching the PS and thinking that the line was gonna be alright, not great but serviceable, and then MM comes out with the idea that a good OLine early in the season was a "pipe dream".

Add that to ICE's conversation with TD last week.

Be patient people. All this negativity is getting old. Yes, for the last few years we have been almost equal to the Bengals and Cardinals. It takes time, I want to win now, but only 1/2 of the teams on a given week can do that, only 38% can go to the playoffs in a given year, and only 6.25% can go to a SuperBowl. We've been to 10.5% of the SuperBowls, it may not be our time yet. ;)