The New England Patriots

Who thinks they will win the Super Bowl? Not me.

Who thinks they will even make the Super Bowl? Definately not me.

Well. I will explain why. The New England Patriots are a pretty good team (no doubting that), but I cant help but believe that they are not quite as good as the media is hyping them up to be. Other than getting a few injured players back, this is the same team that started off the year with a very rough start (rough enough that our decrepid Buffalo Bills could go into their stadium and nearly beat them with Kelly Holcomb at QB).

Now the question is: are the Patriots all-of-sudden getting extremely good? Or are they benefiting from a rather easy schedule? They were 4-4 at the midpoint of the season.

In the first half of the season they played, Oakland, Carolina, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Atlanta, Denver, Buffalo, and Indianapolis. The first half of the season their opponents 2005 final record was a combined 75-53.

In the second half of the season they played, Miami, New Orleans, Kansas City, NY Jets, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, NY Jets, and Miami. The second half of the season their opponents 2005 final record was a combined 55-73.

Note also: ONE GAME BEFORE, they went on their second half streak they lost to Indianapolis IN NEW ENGLAND, by a score of 40-21. The commen mis-conception is that they lost to Indianapolis early in the season before they started to tear teams up. Well they played Indi only ONE WEEK BEFORE they started to tear teams up (horrible teams at that).

Anyway. Thats my little speach. Hate it or love it ... :unsure:

Who thinks they will win the Super Bowl? Not me.

Who thinks they will even make the Super Bowl? Definately not me.

Well. I will explain why. The New England Patriots are a pretty good team (no doubting that), but I cant help but believe that they are not quite as good as the media is hyping them up to be. Other than getting a few injured players back, this is the same team that started off the year with a very rough start (rough enough that our decrepid Buffalo Bills could go into their stadium and nearly beat them with Kelly Holcomb at QB).

Now the question is: are the Patriots all-of-sudden getting extremely good? Or are they benefiting from a rather easy schedule? They were 4-4 at the midpoint of the season.

In the first half of the season they played, Oakland, Carolina, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Atlanta, Denver, Buffalo, and Indianapolis. The first half of the season their opponents 2005 final record was a combined 75-53.

In the second half of the season they played, Miami, New Orleans, Kansas City, NY Jets, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, NY Jets, and Miami. The second half of the season their opponents 2005 final record was a combined 55-73.

Note also: ONE GAME BEFORE, they went on their second half streak they lost to Indianapolis IN NEW ENGLAND, by a score of 40-21. The commen mis-conception is that they lost to Indianapolis early in the season before they started to tear teams up. Well they played Indi only ONE WEEK BEFORE they started to tear teams up (horrible teams at that).

Anyway. Thats my little speach. Hate it or love it ...  :unsure:

559256[/snapback]

dont have much doubt that next week will be their last.......they give up a whopping 87.8 qb rating against...........by far the highest of all playoff entrants...............though jacksonville not equipped to exploit it, all other remaining teams are balanced enough to send them home...........it'll take an unbelieveable offensive performance from new england to stay in it...not likely

All good points.

But, the Patroits have a shot because of Tom Brady. Really in a nutshell that's all there is too it.

Brady is such a huge difference maker for them.

559265[/snapback]

True. I also forgot to mention that they no longer have Charlie Weiss there to make key critical adjusments in the offensive game plan. There were many a game where the offense wasnt clicking and Charlie Weiss changed the game plan and things started to click.

True. I also forgot to mention that they no longer have Charlie Weiss there to make key critical adjusments in the offensive game plan. There were many a game where the offense wasnt clicking and Charlie Weiss changed the game plan and things started to click.

559274[/snapback]

defense wins championships...........new englands front 7 is pretty good but by the weakest link, the secondary, they are done

if the patriots get past denver or indy.................that is the superbowl! noone from the nfc will beat them.they remind me of the 1978 yankees who hung around and then turned it on whan they had to.they are a good vetern team who can win just about any game they have to,and with a coach who will coach them in any way it takes to win.i am no new england fan but they are a great team..and that is what people seem to miss the boat on...they are a TEAM not just a ton of talent.

if the patriots get past denver or indy.................that is the superbowl!  noone from the nfc will beat them.they remind me of the 1978 yankees who hung around and then turned it on whan they had to.they are a good vetern team who can win just about any game they have to,and with a coach who will coach them in any way it takes to win.i am no new england fan but they are a great team..and that is what people seem to miss the boat on...they are a TEAM not just a ton of talent.

559325[/snapback]

Mhm ... there is a small chance that they will beat Indi in Indi.

Did you read the post at all? Or just the topic?

Mhm ... there is a small chance that they will beat Indi in Indi.

Did you read the post at all? Or just the topic?

559344[/snapback]

the patriots are the champs untill they get beat!and they seem to handle indy well when the marbles are on the table lol..i do not even like writing this i would love for nothing more than to see the patriots get knocked off

No team has ever made it to the Super Bowl unless it was within 2 wins of best record in the conference. NE would have to become the 1st. The stats show a perfect 78 for 78 using this method to eliminate teams. It will be 80 for 80 after this year & NE will not make it to the Super Bowl.

NE got to the SB in 85, winning all 3 games on the road.

559429[/snapback]

Whith destiny setting up a re-match between a Miami squad that beat Chicago earlier that year on Monday night for the Bears' only loss... A Miami squad that knew the answer to the "46 D" is through the long arm of a QB. Don't get me wrong I still would have been rooting for the Bears ove MIA! :doh: It would have been a fun game if it weren't for "Caption HorseCollar" (Steve Grogan) and the fluke in the Orange Bowl!

One thing I gotta admit, Chicago ain't St. Louis (seems every major Boston/NE team busted out of their championship slump against St. Louis: Celtics, Bruins, Patriots, and Red Sox!) and will always own Boston/NE teams!

No team has ever made it to the Super Bowl unless it was within 2 wins of best record in the conference.  NE would have to become the 1st.  The stats show a perfect 78 for 78 using this method to eliminate teams.  It will be 80 for 80 after this year & NE will not make it to the Super Bowl.

559403[/snapback]

really? i know the rams were 9-7 the year they almost knocked off the steelers...was the best in the nfc really only 11-5 that year?? interesting...

No team has ever made it to the Super Bowl unless it was within 2 wins of best record in the conference.  NE would have to become the 1st.  The stats show a perfect 78 for 78 using this method to eliminate teams.  It will be 80 for 80 after this year & NE will not make it to the Super Bowl.

559403[/snapback]

That doesn't bode well because somebody has go to break that strike... Nothing stays at 100%.

And the Pats are pefect contenders to do that.

:doh::lol: