Ralph the Cheapo Strikes Again!

firstngoal

He's too cheap to eat the remaining years on MM's contract so he keeps the loser around then instead of hiring a real GM he promotes Modrak (an extension of Donahoe) and then to put the icying on the cake it looks like he's bringing Marv back (for practically nothing I'm guessing) to do what? Oversee Modrak? Sorry to say but ever since they let Butler and AJ Smith go to the Chargers this team has performed a serious nosedive and is beginning to be the Joke of the league once again they way they were during the Hank Bullough era! :unsure:

:D

B-)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's too cheap to eat the remaining years on MM's contract so he keeps the loser around then instead of hiring a real GM he promotes Modrak (an extension of Donahoe) and then to put the icying on the cake it looks like he's bringing Marv back (for practically nothing I'm guessing) to do what? Oversee Modrak?  Sorry to say but ever since they let Butler and AJ Smith go to the Chargers this team has performed a serious nosedive and is beginning to be the Joke of the league once again they way they were during the Hank Bullough era! :unsure:

B-)

551951[/snapback]

official??

He's too cheap to eat the remaining years on MM's contract so he keeps the loser around then instead of hiring a real GM he promotes Modrak (an extension of Donahoe) and then to put the icying on the cake it looks like he's bringing Marv back (for practically nothing I'm guessing) to do what? Oversee Modrak?  Sorry to say but ever since they let Butler and AJ Smith go to the Chargers this team has performed a serious nosedive and is beginning to be the Joke of the league once again they way they were during the Hank Bullough era! :unsure:

B-)

551951[/snapback]

OK, when you own an NFL you can make coahcing changes every year. Mr. Wilson didnt keep Mularkey because he's cheap, he did it because he thinks its a good move- and Mr. Wilson knows more about football than you do....like it or not

OK, when you own an NFL you can make coahcing changes every year. Mr. Wilson didnt keep Mularkey because he's cheap, he did it because he thinks its a good move- and Mr. Wilson knows more about football than you do....like it or not

551981[/snapback]

why b/c he bought a team 40 years ago?

551981[/snapback]

maybe he's lost a step........

551981[/snapback]

He does?

That's news to me considering his franchise has been a consistent loser in over 80% of its history.

He does?

That's news to me considering his franchise has been a consistent loser in over 80% of its history.

551989[/snapback]

Mr. Wilson has been in the NFL for 50+years, and is considered one of the best owners in the league, so yes, he does know more than the know it alls on this board

B-)

551951[/snapback]

I am kind of numb to Modrak but have you ever checked out his draft history as the head guy in Philly? Judging by your comments I would guess not.

He does?

551989[/snapback]

Exactly...So many decisions by MM has been poor and childish.....

1. Picking up fights with veterans Moulds, Adams and Williams.

2. Moving Williams from RT to LG

3. Not starting Losman in the meaningless finale...(especially when just 3

weeks before he kept saying it was important for JP to get more playing

time).

4. Not handling the veterans (I would have rather listened to EM, Adams

patiently and given them a big hug and thanks and then continue his

means,k rather than give in to their demands meekly).

5. He took over play calling from Clements, but did no improvement

6. Calling out McGahee in public about dancing around the LoS

7. Game decisions....Punting from the Carolina 32.....

8. Throwing to Shaud Williams or the FB at the goal-line when McGahee is

on the sidelines....

9. Inability to punch it in in the Red Zone by playing smash mouth footballl

as promised.

10. Keep pulling JP out of the game in the 1st 4 weeks....

Mr. Wilson has been in the NFL for 50+years, and is considered one of the best owners in the league, so yes, he does know more than the know it alls on this board

552003[/snapback]

Right, who considers him among the best owners? The same guys who repeatedly refrain from voting him into Canton?

I just don't get it ... does he not realize that he cannot take his money with him.

He's too cheap to eat the remaining years on MM's contract so he keeps the loser around then instead of hiring a real GM he promotes Modrak (an extension of Donahoe) and then to put the icying on the cake it looks like he's bringing Marv back (for practically nothing I'm guessing) to do what? Oversee Modrak?  Sorry to say but ever since they let Butler and AJ Smith go to the Chargers this team has performed a serious nosedive and is beginning to be the Joke of the league once again they way they were during the Hank Bullough era! :pirate:

:ph34r:

:angry:

551951[/snapback]

The guy is on death's door and has more money than he could ever spend. The last thing in the world he cares about is money right now. He wants to win the big one once before he dies. That is his sole motivation.

When times are bad, you turn to the people you trust the most and for Ralph, that is Marv Levy. Is that so hard to understand?

If there is a guy in the game who could get it done at age 77, its Marv Levy, you over officious jerk.

The guy is on death's door and has more money than he could ever spend.  The last thing in the world he cares about is money right now.  He wants to win the big one once before he dies.  That is his sole motivation.

When times are bad, you turn to the people you trust the most and for Ralph, that is Marv Levy.  Is that so hard to understand?

If there is a guy in the game who could get it done at age 77, its Marv Levy, you over officious jerk.

552179[/snapback]

He has more money than he can spend and even more money now by taking the cheap way out. Marv was a COACH for the Bills back in the day, not a GM!

Bill Polian supplied the talent and Marv coached it. What does this move say for the Bills FUTURE? Answer - NOTHING! A bandaid put on a deep gash!

Unbelieveable!!! :pirate:

He has more money than he can spend and even more money now by taking the cheap way out.  Marv was a COACH for the Bills back in the day, not a GM!

Bill Polian supplied the talent and Marv coached it.  What does this move say for the Bills FUTURE? Answer - NOTHING!  A bandaid put on a deep gash!

Unbelieveable!!!  :pirate:

552205[/snapback]

Do you really think Marv had no say in acquiring players? The first thing he did when he was hired was to nab Tasker off the waiver wires.

That staff was a team, they worked together and it showed up on the field.

He hasn't taken the cheap way out, he doesn't care about $ anymore. Why would he? The old man wants to win. You can disagree over whether this decision will accomplish that but accusing him of doing it because he is cheap is just an infantile reaction to not getting what you want. I have plenty of questions of my own on this move but doubting Ralph Wilson's committment to winning isn't one of them.

The one area you can quibble about Mr. Wilson's sincerity is when it comes to paying for top flite HCs. Other than that, a Bills fan has little to B word about in terms of ownership's willingness to spend money. From paying for the facilities' improvements, to paying for free agents, to buying leftover tickets to lift TV blackouts...Mr. Wilson has delivered.