What if this is true?

sven233

I really thought that the pilot story was a joke when I read it. In fact, I didn't realize that it was actually on WGR's site until several minutes later after I stopped laughing. I just thought someone made it up at WGR's expense.

But, now that I actually see it on their site, I am not laughing anymore (at least as hard).

I just don't know what to think. But, I have to give it some sort of thought. If this really is true, THE BILLS dropped the ball again. I HATE THIS.

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for a real update.....Clayton and Mort and others are done for the night, right? No chance for a real update. Oh well, bad news if this is true.

I really thought that the pilot story was a joke when I read it.  In fact, I didn't realize that it was actually on WGR's site until several minutes later after I stopped laughing.  I just thought someone made it up at WGR's expense.

But, now that I actually see it on their site, I am not laughing anymore (at least as hard). 

I just don't know what to think.  But, I have to give it some sort of thought.  If this really is true, THE BILLS dropped the ball again.  I HATE THIS.

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for a real update.....Clayton and Mort and others are done for the night, right?  No chance for a real update.  Oh well, bad news if this is true.

551641[/snapback]

Well, if it's true & MM is back, one of two things happens:

1. He turns things around pretty quick OR

2. He gets thrown under the bus as soon as things start going south again.

I think #2 is what happens, & Ralph better have a "plan B" HC ready for when the Bills start tanking.

Well, if it's true & MM is back, one of two things happens:

1. He turns things around pretty quick OR

2. He gets thrown under the bus as soon as things start going south again.

I think #2 is what happens, & Ralph better have a "plan B" HC ready for when the Bills start tanking.

551646[/snapback]

marv would obviously be plan b, and RW, ML, and MM all know it, so MM better not F up!

I think coming out of that meeting with word that TD and MM were both out would revitalize a lot of us. Would have at least sent the message that they were not trying to do things on the cheap anymore by simply extending MM's tenure. I think doing things on the cheap continues to doom this franchise (see Polian versus Lipman/Littman whatever the hell is name was).

I really thought that the pilot story was a joke when I read it.  In fact, I didn't realize that it was actually on WGR's site until several minutes later after I stopped laughing.  I just thought someone made it up at WGR's expense.

I just don't know what to think.  But, I have to give it some sort of thought.  If this really is true, THE BILLS dropped the ball again.  I HATE THIS.

I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for a real update.....Clayton and Mort and others are done for the night, right?  No chance for a real update.  Oh well, bad news if this is true.

551641[/snapback]

I bet the pilot wears a headset.

Why wait to fire him when things go south again? Anyone have any confidence in MM right now? NO. Things will STAY south with MM as head coach. RW is just being cheap again. Watch season ticket sales go south. Bringing MM back is a huge mistake.

You could be right... still hope MM's gone.

551653[/snapback]

I hope so too, but think about it this way:

mularkey is on a short leash, with a new set of coordinators who don't suck... No more TD, for all we know, could have hamstrung MM's coaching... Marv as a "consultant" and oh by the way, an available hall of fame head coach if MM puts roscoe in at QB again... And ralph with the whip ready.

If, and this is a huge if, mularkey shows that he can be a real head coach, i won't hold this past season against him... sorta like ruff and regier back when the rigas thing was going down. However, i also will NOT give him an inch next year.

Why wait to fire him when things go south again? Anyone have any confidence in MM right now? NO. Things will STAY south with MM as head coach. RW is just being cheap again. Watch season ticket sales go south. Bringing MM back is a huge mistake.

551655[/snapback]

Agreed...

For the 1st time ever I feel compelled to reach out to RW and beg...

Please Ralph...one down, one to go... :unsure:

mularkey is on a short leash, with a new set of coordinators who don't suck...  No more TD, for all we know, could have hamstrung MM's coaching...  Marv as a "consultant" and oh by the way, an available hall of fame head coach if MM puts roscoe in at QB again...  And ralph with the whip ready.

If, and this is a huge if, mularkey shows that he can be a real head coach, i won't hold this past season against him...  sorta like ruff and regier back when the rigas thing was going down.  However, i also will NOT give him an inch next year.

551659[/snapback]

And force him to promote Wyche to OC (and call all the plays), and hire Ted Cottrell as DC, but give MM a take it or leave it proposition. This guy hasn't demonstrated to me he deserves anything more.

mularkey is on a short leash, with a new set of coordinators who don't suck...  No more TD, for all we know, could have hamstrung MM's coaching...  Marv as a "consultant" and oh by the way, an available hall of fame head coach if MM puts roscoe in at QB again...  And ralph with the whip ready.

If, and this is a huge if, mularkey shows that he can be a real head coach, i won't hold this past season against him...  sorta like ruff and regier back when the rigas thing was going down.  However, i also will NOT give him an inch next year.

551659[/snapback]

True... I've said it won't be the end of the world if MM comes back, just a waste of time. That won't stop me from crying about it for awhile... Frickin' MM. :unsure:

True... I've said it won't be the end of the world if MM comes back, just a waste of time. That won't stop me from crying about it for awhile... Frickin' MM. :unsure:

551677[/snapback]

Me too Bro!!!

WAAAAAAA!!!!!!! B-)

K that's it for now, more to come... :D

mularkey is on a short leash, with a new set of coordinators who don't suck

551659[/snapback]

Albany's got a good point, though. What "coordinators who don't suck" would want to come into this MM mess? :unsure:

We are all ticked about the season still, but Mularkey may be salvageable. Perhaps one of the biggest reasons for bringing Marv in is to have a mentor to teach him how to be a head coach. New head coaches have to come from somewhere, and like anything else it is a learning process. I'm not saying I like it, but that may be the thinking.