What if this is true?

sven233

We are all ticked about the season still, but Mularkey may be salvageable.  Perhaps one of the biggest reasons for bringing Marv in is to have a mentor to teach him how to be a head coach.  New head coaches have to come from somewhere, and like anything else it is a learning process.  I'm not saying I like it, but that may be the thinking.

551696[/snapback]

I thought Coach Levy was being brought in to help in the front office- I'm sure he'd give Mularkey advice if asked, but I don't think he'd give that advice unless asked- he doesn't strike me as that type.

Albany's got a good point, though. What "coordinators who don't suck" would want to come into this MM mess? :unsure:

551686[/snapback]

Someone who's comfortable being an interim HC after week 8.

551694[/snapback]

what he said. There's plenty of coordinators who will want to come to buffalo. It's not like there's a major talent gap between them and other teams. This could be a really good team. they just need some direction... Maybe freeing the bonds of TD will be that direction... maybe marv coming in will be that direction... Maybe the realization that ralph wilson is not senile will be the direction. Either way, i'd take mm, tom modrak and potentially levy over the status quo that was last week.

True... I've said it won't be the end of the world if MM comes back, just a waste of time. That won't stop me from crying about it for awhile... Frickin' MM. :unsure:

551677[/snapback]

Waste of time will be an understatement if someone else is going to have veto power over his choice of coaches. His leash will be about 2 inches long. He will be second-guessed on every decision, every play that doesn't work. The players will know if he sneezes wrong he's gone. He would to have be beyond desperate for his job to stay under such conditions. If he starts 3 -5 he's probably gone anyway. Lotsa luck, Mike, you'll need a boatload of it to succeed and save your job.

I thought Coach Levy was being brought in to help in the front office- I'm sure he'd give Mularkey advice if asked, but I don't think he'd give that advice unless asked- he doesn't strike me as that type.

551704[/snapback]

I'm just speculating that perhaps Ralph is asking. A little humility would go a long way for MM if he has two coaches in the building who have led teams to the SB. I guess it is all in whether or not he is willing to do the asking.

Waste of time will be an understatement if someelse is going to have veto power over his choice of coaches.  His leash will be about 2 inches long.  He will be second-guessed on every decision, every play that doesn't work.  The players will know if he sneezes wrong he's gone.  He would to have be beyond desperate for his job to stay under such conditions.  If he starts 3 -5 he's probably gone anyway.  Lotsa luck, Mike, you'll need a boatload of it to succeed and save your job.

551711[/snapback]

I highly doubt that will be the situation. Levy is much smarter than that

A.) New OC was coming anyway, since TC hasn't been calling plays since 5th game this year.

B.) I would believe new strength and conditioning coach this year. Too many weird injuries, and tired players at games end. Probably biggest sticking point in meeting given frienships and all. Tough to fire people close to you, but if not done when warranted, you perform injustice to the organization.

C.) Don't know about Gray, but hope he gets HC job at College level somewhere.

D.) Coordinators looking to make a name for themselves relish situations like this. Egos you know. Coming here would be challenging for them.

E.) Offseason Acquisitions through FA, and draft plus restructure specific contracts would change us significantly. Assuming wise acquisitions.