My 2006 NFL Draft - Volume 2

1 NYJ (f/HOU)- Trade J.Abraham(franchise tag) and 4th overall pick FOR 1st overall pick.) Reggie Bush RB- Curtis Martin is getting up there in age and Reggie Bush has the talent of Lebron James when he was going into the NBA draft.

2 New Orleans- Matt Leinart QB- Brooks will most likely be gone, so why not draft Leinart?

3 Tennessee- D'Brickshaw Ferguson OT- The best OT coming into the draft, if he could put on a little bit more weight, he will be a beast! ( right now, he's just a moster)

4 Houston (f/NYJ)- AJ Hawk LB- This houston 3-4 defense can use this linebacker who scouts say is the next Brian Urlacher.

5 Green Bay- Mario Williams DE- Williams has superb talent and Green Bay can't pass up on him.

6 Oakland- Jimmy Williams DB- Maybe Jimmy Williams will pan out to what Woodson Should have been.

7 San Francisco- Mathias Kiwanuka DE- Bryant Young led the team with 8 sacks. Kiwanuka will hopefully change this.

8 Buffalo- Haloti Ngata DT- Ngata is a HUGE replacement for Pat Williams. Him and Adams create run stuffing machine in Buffalo again!

9 Detroit- Vince Young QB- Harrington didn't do so well, it's time for a QB change in Detroit.

10 Arizona- DeAngelo Williams RB- Arizona's rushing attack was horrible (they averaged 71.1 yds a game on the ground).

11 St. Louis- Michael Huff S- Archuleta is most likely gone, so it is time for another solid safety in St.Louis.

12 Cleveland- Chad Greenway LB- This pick will be a toss up between Maroney and Greenway, but Greenway is a talented LB that can do well for Cleveland.

13 Baltimore- Eric Winston OT- To hard for Baltimore to pass up.

14 Philadelphia- Laurence Maroney RB- With T.O gone, Philly will need to depend on the run game and Westbrook isn't a four down back.

15 Atlanta- LaRon Landry S- Keion Carpenter is a FA and Landry has experience at each safety position.

16 Miami- Jay Cutler QB- Miami will be a scary team next year, especially now that they have a good QB.

17 Minnesota- DeMeco Ryans LB- He is a great player and Minnesota will be shocked that he is still on the board.

18 Dallas- Marcus McNeill OT- Look at pick #17.

19 San Diego- Darnell Bing S- He is an amazing athlete who excels both versus the run as well as the pass. Plus he is better than Bhawoh Jue.

20 Kansas City- Brodrick Bunkley DT- The Chiefs still need to work on their defense.

21 New England- Tye Hill CB- With all of those injuries, I don't even know who their defensive backs are anymore.

22 Denver (f/WAS)- Tamba Hali DE- Hali along with Pryce will make a great DE combo.

23 Tampa Bay- Marcades Lewis TE- He is falling in many people's rankings, but I feel that he is a stud. Someone critcized the Bills not picking him in my last mock draft. Well, let's see should the Bills draft a TE (when they have Kevin Everett) or another position they really need, like DT?

24 Carolina- Thomas Howard LB- Don't mess with this D! Howard is one of the fastest, most athletic linebackers you will ever see.

25 Chicago- Vernon Davis TE- Grossman or Orton will get a nice target to throw to in Davis.

26 Cincinnati- Claude Wroten DT- Wroten would be a nice DT for cinci.

27 Pittsburgh- Santonio Holmes WR- With Randle El gone (to buffalo :D ), Pittsburgh will get another explosive WR in Holmes.

28 New York Giants- Jesse Mahelona DT- NY can use a DT like Mahelona.

29 Jacksonville- Leonard Pope TE- He is a great all-around TE.

30 Denver- Winston Justice OT- Denver is a great team with almost no needs, so with this pick, some depth for the o-line!

31 Seattle- Max-Jean Gilles OG- Steve Hutchinson is a FA.

32 Indianapolis- Rod Wright DT- I believe Larry Triplett is a FA.

Rest of Bills picks

2. Jon Scott, OT. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...athanscott.html

3a. Greg Eslinger, C. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...egeslinger.html

3b. Pat Watkins, S. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...patwatkins.html

4. Lawrence Vickers, FB. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ncevickers.html

5. DonTrell Moore, HB.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...trellmoore.html[/url]

6. John Madsen, WR. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...johnmadsen.html

7. Pierre Woods, LB. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...johnmadsen.html

I know your trade (Abraham to Houston) seems logical as he is a very good player but everyone in the "business" knows that the Jets have no choice but to let Abraham walk - they are 30 mil over the cap not counting the huge money Abraham will insist upon. Thus, your trade is way over-valueing Abe.

I see no way that the Texans trade the rights to Bush away unless the deal is INCREDIBLE.

Trading for a very high (and IMO over) priced DE for ONLY 1 pick would be great for the Jets and terrible for the texans.

The Jets will not get Bush

<ax Jean-Gilles from Georgia instead of the center at 3a. and Jesse Maholona of Tennessee (Def. Tackle) if he makes it to 3b. I couldn't agree more on the first pick, and I think Ngata will be available at 8. We could have a great draft this year. There are some mighty fine tight end prospects that should be available in later rounds as well.

3 Tennessee- D'Brickshaw Ferguson OT- The best OT coming into the draft, if he could put on a little bit more weight, he will be a beast! ( right now, he's just a moster)

OK, but when he puts that wieght on he is going to slow down and get hurt.

8 Buffalo- Haloti Ngata DT- Ngata is a HUGE replacement for Pat Williams. Him and Adams create run stuffing machine in Buffalo again! --
It seems like a no brainer to me as long as Hawk and Mario are off the board.

Who ends up with Gabe Watson? I'd like the see the Bills take him -- even if they get Ngata in the first.

1 NYJ (f/HOU)- Trade J.Abraham(franchise tag) and 4th overall pick FOR 1st overall pick.) Reggie Bush RB- Curtis Martin is getting up there in age and Reggie Bush has the talent of Lebron James when he was going into the NBA draft.

2 New Orleans- Matt Leinart QB- Brooks will most likely be gone, so why not draft Leinart?

4 Houston (f/NYJ)-  AJ Hawk LB-  This houston 3-4 defense can use this linebacker who scouts say is the next Brian Urlacher.

5 Green Bay- Mario Williams DE- Williams has superb talent and Green Bay can't pass up on him.

6 Oakland- Jimmy Williams DB- Maybe Jimmy Williams will pan out to what Woodson Should have been.

7 San Francisco- Mathias Kiwanuka DE- Bryant Young led the team with 8 sacks. Kiwanuka will hopefully change this.

8 Buffalo-  Haloti Ngata DT- Ngata is a HUGE replacement for Pat Williams. Him and Adams create run stuffing machine in Buffalo again!

These are my thoughts.

1) Houston: I think they take Bush and may trade down with the team who selects Ferguson. I don't think they trade picks before making a selection, because there's a chance someone may not want to pay the price for a number 1, even with Bush.

2) I think N.O. takes Leinert. Don't really see them taking anyone else here. Possibly Vince Young (I think he comes out, even though he says he's not).

3) I think Tennesse takes Vince Young if available. McNair is always hurt and Volek isn't the answer. If Young isn't here, they take Ferguson.

4) What do the Jets do? Chad is always hurt. Martin is getting older. Take Hawk? Take Mario Williams to replace Abraham? Take the running back from Memphis? Make a move for Rivers in the off-season? I say they take the Memphis running back.

5) I think GB needs a RB and needs OL help, but if M Williams is there do they pass on him? It's too hard to say but I say no. M Williams goes fifth.

6) Oakland. What a mess. Maybe a bigger mess than here, although their line is better than ours(both o and d). I agree they may go for a CB here. But if A.J. Hawk is available, they take him

7) If Jimmy Williams isn't taken by Oakland, San Fran takes him here.

8) This could be a very interesting draft for us. What happens if all the above is wrong, and teams start making runs on either DE's or LOT's. (remember the run on WR's 2 years ago?). M Williams could fall and potentially even Ferguson could too (you never know). DO we take the DE from BC if he's available? Ngata looked average in the Holiday bowl, or is he just too big to pass up? Personally, since there is a good chance of picking up another 2 gap DT in the 2nd or 3rd round (Watson from Michigan) I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a DE or LOT here, but I am going to say Ngata just to be safe B-)

We may even trade down, but that is contingent on someone good dropping and our decision not to take whoever it is. I am goiing to say we can't entice someone to trade with us with number 8.

as it stands right now....i truly hope the Bills can find someone willing to trade with them. Bills need to trade down. they need to have a lot of bodies to come in and compete at every single position with the possible exception of MLB and Punter.

<ax Jean-Gilles from Georgia instead of the center at 3a.  and Jesse Maholona of Tennessee (Def. Tackle) if he makes it to 3b.  I couldn't agree more on the first pick, and I think Ngata will be available at 8.  We could have a great draft this year.  There are some mighty fine tight end prospects that should be available in later rounds as well.

550532[/snapback]

If Jean Gilles is available with the Bills second pick, they better run to the podium to pick him! He won't be there in round 3.

*rubbing his hands together*

Some draft talk to dive right into.

This is my first day of the Bills draft so far:

1) Haloti Ngata, DT from Oregon

2) Daryn Colledge, OT from Boise State

3a) Andrew Whitworth, OT from LSU

3b) Dusty Dvoracek, DT from Oklahoma

Thats right, an entire day of stockpiling picks at DT and OT. In my opinion, this has been YEARS overdue. We are lucky that they are both very deep in this draft so lets take advantage of it. Ngata can start from Day One, and I personally love Dvoracek's intensity. Sure he has off the field trouble with anger-management, but you know what? We need a little mean-streak to our Defense. And Colledge is one of the most impressive OTs I've seen in college football this year. You might not know about him because he plays at Boise State, but this guy is an anchor on the line...has all the ability to be a stud LT in the NFL. Whitworth will need some time to develop at RT, but will be well worth it.