Donahoe to be fire today?????

billsboys

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#010306

Meeting Today: Sirius NFL Radio is reporting that Ralph Wilson will meet with Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey to talk about the future of the team. This is a normal occurence after the season but this wasn't a normal year. The Buffalo News reported yesterday that sources have told them that Tom Donahoe will indeed be fired. The status of Mike Mularkey is still up in the air.

:D YES!...... :lol:

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#010306

Meeting Today: Sirius NFL Radio is reporting that Ralph Wilson will meet with Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey to talk about the future of the team. This is a normal occurence after the season but this wasn't a normal year. The Buffalo News reported yesterday that sources have told them that Tom Donahoe will indeed be fired. The status of Mike Mularkey is still up in the air.

:D YES!...... :lol:

550274[/snapback]

I find this attitude sad, and it reflects terribly on the people of Buffalo. If Tom Donahoe is fired. I thank him. He did not intend for some of his choices to not work out. He did everything he thought was right to give Buffalo a winning team. Although there is nothing wrong in acknowledging that it may not have worked out, taking pleasure in somebody losing their job makes a statement about you.

If he is to go, thank him, say good bye and wish him luck. Being vindictive accomplishes less than nothing, which is what vindictive people are very used to in their lives anyways

I find this attitude sad, and it reflects terribly on the people of Buffalo. If Tom Donahoe is fired. I thank him. He did not intend for some of his choices to not work out. He did everything he thought was right to give Buffalo a winning team. Although there is nothing wrong in acknowledging that it may not have worked out, taking pleasure in somebody losing their job makes a statement about you.

If he is to go, thank him, say good bye and wish him luck. Being vindictive accomplishes less than nothing, which is what vindictive people are very used to in their lives anyways

550282[/snapback]

I see your point, and respect your point, but this isn't the Peace Corps. TD sucked at his job and he should be fired. I say good riddance!

550282[/snapback]

"thank him", more like thanks for nothing and good luck ruining someone else's team.

"thank him", more like thanks for nothing and good luck ruining someone else's team.

550294[/snapback]

You were celebrating when we got Bledsoe, and cheering when he traded Price and got Adams. You proclaimed us Superbowl champions. Use of hindsight is nice, isnt it

550282[/snapback]

TD was given alot of power from Ralph and Im sure he was paid well to do a job that he did not live up to. I will not thank the man for doing a poor. This is the NFL not your local factory or department store. People are paid alot of money- more money than most of us will ever see to be an NFL executive or head coach. If they cant do the job then good bye and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

I think you are way off base with your post- most people dont take pleasure in another persons misfortune but this is a position where you do what you are hired to do or you are fired. Simple as that. He will find another job and I doubt his family will go hungry between now and then.

You were celebrating when we got Bledsoe, and cheering when he traded Price and got Adams. You proclaimed us Superbowl champions. Use of hindsight is nice, isnt it

550297[/snapback]

Adam I am glad to see him go because it gives hope to this team. Our current GM really didnt have the right vision when it came to making this team a contender. I can see someone making mistakes. He hired an inexperinced coach the first time and that was a mistake, then he did the exact same thing the second time. No excuse, he screwed the pooch.

I agree. He tried. He failed. But thanks for coming out!

550282[/snapback]

I am so sick of people saying that Donahoe did a respectable job because JimKellysJockStrap on some message board says that he thought that the move was a good idea at the time. GMs aren't hired to make decisions that are popular with the fans. They are supposed to make decisions that allow their team to win.

I don't care who thought that the Fat Mike move was good at the time. Donahoe had much more information availible to him than any internet warrior who ranked his draft. Therefore the mistake of the internet warrior is excuseable but not the mistake of the highly paid GM.

I am so sick of people saying that Donahoe did a respectable job because JimKellysJockStrap on some message board says that he thought that the move was a good idea at the time.  GMs aren't hired to make decisions that are popular with the fans.  They are supposed to make decisions that allow their team to win. 

I don't care who thought that the Fat Mike move was good at the time.  Donahoe had much more information availible to him than any internet warrior who ranked his draft.  Therefore the mistake of the internet warrior is excuseable but not the mistake of the highly paid GM.

550332[/snapback]

OK, I'll be the Devil's Advocate here- say every move he made was wrong....ok, we fire him, thank him, and move on. Thats it. Thats all I'm saying. Getting enjoyment out of somebody getting fired it the wrong way to look at things

I am so sick of people saying that Donahoe did a respectable job because JimKellysJockStrap on some message board says that he thought that the move was a good idea at the time.  GMs aren't hired to make decisions that are popular with the fans.  They are supposed to make decisions that allow their team to win. 

I don't care who thought that the Fat Mike move was good at the time.  Donahoe had much more information availible to him than any internet warrior who ranked his draft.  Therefore the mistake of the internet warrior is excuseable but not the mistake of the highly paid GM.

550332[/snapback]

you would have to fire about 32 GMs then because Big Mike was pretty much the consenscious pick at that point.

550297[/snapback]

How about when he chose RJ over Flutie? His opening move was wrong and he only got a few moves right subsequently...not enough to keep his job by a long shot.

you would have to fire about 32 GMs then because Big Mike was pretty much the consenscious pick at that point.

550339[/snapback]

Oh I completely disagree with that...

First of all, it was an even split amongst "expert" opinons between Big Mike and Bryant McKinnie on who was the best OT...And I think McKinnie got the ever so slight lean because he was a LT...

Then there was John Henderson who's stock had dropped slightly due to some injuries he had in his Sr. year despite the fact that he was almost a consensus #1 Overall after his Jr. Year...

Mel Kiper had Albert Haynesworth #4 Overall, Roy Williams #5, Quentin Jammer #6, McKinnie #7, and Big Mike #8...

I'm not saying Big Mike was a reach at #4 or anything like that...But saying he was a consensus Pick at #4 is simply not true... :D

At #8 or #4 Big Mike shouldn't have been a bust - like he is. TD and company could have been better talent evaluators but I think at the endo of the day TDs biggest problem has been the media. He used the media as a tool to pump up expectations and when those expectations are not met in a big way then there is nothing left but disappointment.

We need guys on this team that care, that are willing to go the extra mile or two - that welcome the snow not hide in their house...we need and want a tough blue collar team that resembles the fans that support it. That is not what we have...no guts no glory.

I see what Adam is saying...

He isn't advocating keeping TD or even saying that he did a good job. He is just pointing out that his failure as a GM was not an intentional thing. In our every day jobs I am sure that we know of people that are lazy and deserve to get fired but don't for one reason or another. That wasn't the case with TD. I fully believe that he did the best he could. There are certainly mistakes that he made -- most of them in hind-sight -- but it wasn't because he was incompetent or not trying to do his job.

He deserves credit for cleaning up a very messy salary cap situation. It was a mess that Butler left behind -- and one that Butler didn't have the decency (God rest his soul) to clean up before moving onto San Diego.

He deserves credit for drafting some pretty good players for us -- that didn't necessarily come in the first round of the draft (McGee and Schobel, for example).

He wasn't afraid to take chances -- and some of his gambles paid off (the Willis pick, trading up and down the draft board in 2001, franchising Price), while others didn't. I think, more than anything else, his fatal flaw was that he never got over the battle he lost with Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh. It made him paranoid about hiring a coach that he thought would ever usurp his authority. Thus, he instead hired two light-weights -- both of whom could one day be good head coaches but both of whom came to the table with too little experience and presence to lead the team to the next level.

When it's all said and done, TD's legacy is that of a team that failed to make the playoffs in any year under his tenure, even though not all of the reasons for this were his fault. Still, as the GM, the buck ends with him. There's no need to kick him to the curb with animosity, as he tried to do what was best for the team. Let's just say that we're sorry that things didn't work out... and bid him adieu.