Bills move McGahee to land top prize Bush...

COACH85

The Texans have Dominic Davis, who is just as proven as Willis McGahee.

But it's fun to dream that the first pick in the draft is worth an average runningback and a third round pick when the Edge and Shaun Alexander couldn't fetch a 2nd rounder this past offseason.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your missing one key point.................nobody could AFFORD James and Alexander with their current salary and their price tag was only going to get higher since they're both in a contract year............nice try though on that one.

Try doing your research next time before you talk or at least better yet......go out and get a Sirius satelitte radio for a belated Xmas gift and tune into the NFL channel 124 so you can get some inside scoop on what your missing.

They had daily talk about that whole Alexander and James fiasco during last years draft and those two were just way out of everyone's price range at the time.

Yes, Davis is a proven back but the only concern with Davis is he can be injury prone.

Do I think the Texans will pull a trigger on a McGahee plus draft pick(s) deal?

Probably not, but is it somewhat realistic with all things considered.........possibly?

It only takes ONE GM to think that way, regardless of what everyone else thinks.

But it's fun to dream that the first pick in the draft is worth an average runningback and a third round pick when the Edge and Shaun Alexander couldn't fetch a 2nd rounder this past offseason.

548487[/snapback]

It only takes ONE GM to think that way, regardless of what everyone else thinks.

548530[/snapback]

I know exactly why neither of those players got traded and you are correct that it had to do with their contracts. Their contract demands are because they have had high level success in the National Football League, something Willis McGahee hasn't come close to (though you won't convince him or Drew Rosenhaus of that). I also know what the value of the first choice in the draft is and it's not an average NFL running back and a third round draft choice.

The Texans are at a crossroad for their franchise and there's no way that if they trade that pick it's going to be for anything less than Atlanta gave up to get Michael Vick.

I don't need Sirius Radio to know that there isn't ANY player on the current Buffalo Bills that would fetch a single first round pick in the next draft, much less the number one overall.

You want the number one overall? Be prepared to give up multiple firsts and a couple of other first day picks. Because that's the way the game is played and it's not going to change because you think there's an NFL GM dumb enough to do it (there isn't).

My comment was directed at your "unproven" statement.  We have the worst OL in the league with one of the worst rated passing offenses to go with it.  He still put up 1,200 yards and based on that alone and being the 10th ranked rusher in the league with everything going against him, I would say yes he is "proven".

Of course he wasn't as impressive this year as last, Bledsoe was at least a marginal downfield threat compared to Losman/Holcomb and our OL regressed.

How did you expect him to improve when every single defense stacked the line of scrimmage with 8,9,10 men in the box.  Don't you know football?  Ask any GM if they think McGahee is a proven running back or not. 

548443[/snapback]

I would say he's a proven workhorse which is what TH was. That got us a third rounder because "proven" backs are a dime a dozen. Don't you think Shaun Alexander gets the line stacked against him or LT or Tiki Barber? Of course they do because they are elite backs. Yet they still manage to hit a big play to change a game by breaking into the secondary. As i said the o-line blows but willis is NOT a game changing back in this league. He's an average back, and that can be attributed to many things like the o-line and play calling, but besides that i just didn't see any burst from this guy and he looked like he was running in sand all year. So WM maybe a proven workhorse but like i said that gets you sh-- in the NFL in terms of a trade.

I agree with alot of what you said but your still failing to see WHY James and Alexander have put up such huge numbers. They BOTH have arguably the two best offensive lines in the league with two top tier QB's to stretch the field. You don't think McGahee is worth an extra 300 or so yards with an improved OL and a passing game??? You really think Alexander and James would put up the same kind of stats in our horrible offense?

Yes Alexander and James are much better backs then McGahee but considering with what McGahee has had to deal with for two years, he has done quite well.

His stats would be in the top 5 in the Colts/Seahawks offense and you know it.

A potential top 5 back with a easily managable salary is not such a big stretch for a team like the Texans and although your right getting Bush will probably take more then just McGahee and a 3rd rounder, I would still explore the possibilities of what it would take to get him and unload McGahee in the process before we have to start dealing with Rosenhaus looking to renegoiate.

As far as Sirius NFL radio goes, if you don't have it, you really should.

Non stop football talk with continuous interviews from coaches, players, Madden, etc.... and the Mularkey interview every Friday at 4:00pm has been great all year.

I know exactly why neither of those players got traded and you are correct that it had to do with their contracts.  Their contract demands are because they have had high level success in the National Football League, something Willis McGahee hasn't come close to (though you won't convince him or Drew Rosenhaus of that).  I also know what the value of the first choice in the draft is and it's not an average NFL running back and a third round draft choice. 

The Texans are at a crossroad for their franchise and there's no way that if they trade that pick it's going to be for anything less than Atlanta gave up to get Michael Vick.

I don't need Sirius Radio to know that there isn't ANY player on the current Buffalo Bills that would fetch a single first round pick in the next draft, much less the number one overall.

You want the number one overall?  Be prepared to give up multiple firsts and a couple of other first day picks.  Because that's the way the game is played and it's not going to change because you think there's an NFL GM dumb enough to do it (there isn't).

548557[/snapback]

You don't think McGahee is worth an extra 300 or so yards with an improved OL and a passing game??? 

548587[/snapback]

It's certainly possible. But you're advocating trading him to the Texans, who have neither. In fact, I'd say their offensive line is worse than ours and their QB is pretty much a push most of the time (because he's taken so many hits).

Oh, you have the time.................based on how many posts you make per day..............you of all people have the time.

I don't know of anyone who has as much free time on his hands to make so many posts.

He ain't worth the trouble.  The last time I insulted him he spent the better part of the day PMing me with threats.  I have too many bowl games to watch to get into that crap.

548567[/snapback]

Oh, you have the time.................based on how many posts you make per day..............you of all people have the time.

I don't know of anyone who has as much free time on his hands to make so many posts.

548593[/snapback]

I have the time to post. I don't have the time to entertain your self esteem issues. Large difference.

I would love to see the Bills package one of their 3rd round picks with McGahee for the top spot to land Reggie Bush. 

I know you might be thinking thats crazy but as a Bills fan, I have been disappointed that McGahee hasn't taken his talent to the next level and is not a threat to break a long touchdown run as proven by these past two seasons. 

His knee still scares me as well since I still can't believe he made it back from that first major injury.

Bush looks like the next Barry Sanders and if we can get an offensive line with some key free agents and draft, Bush is am easily 2000 yard All-Purpose back (running and receiving).  Heck, he's a threat to break one every time he touches the ball.

Yes, we will have to pay a huge signing bonus and take a salary cap hit but for a dream player like Bush who will be the most exciting player on the field and fill Bills seats year after year..............I say go for it.

Why would the Texans possibly take a chance on a trade like this.  Maybe because McGahee is a proven tough back and they need help all over the field so stacking draft choices and signing big free agents is more important to them then trying to sign one player to a large contract.  Besides, they already have a good diminutive back in Dom. Davis who would probably take over 3rd down plays.  Davis is also prone to injury so thats another reason why I can see the Texans interested in a big back like McGahee.  What do you all think?

548293[/snapback]

I don't think there is a team in their right mind who would make that kind of trade. Bush might be one of the most exciting players to enter the NFL in a decade and Willis had a pretty rotten second half of the season and has a lot of mileage on him in addition to a couple sever injuries. If I owned a team and my GM suggested this, I'd fire him and then set his office on fire.

548593[/snapback]

He multi-tasks. :blink:

No other teams don't stack the line of scrimmage against Barber, LT, and Alexander because they all have good OL's and a passing game to go with it.

In the case of Alexander and James, they are in such a good offensive system with regards to OL and passing, even if teams did stack the line of scrimmage, those two would get their yards and move the chains. Although McGahee is not quite in the class of Barber, James, LT, and Alexander, you can't compare McGahee with those other backs..............too many other factors involved to make things uneven.

I would say he's a proven workhorse which is what TH was. That got us a third rounder because "proven" backs are a dime a dozen. Don't you think Shaun Alexander gets the line stacked against him or LT or Tiki Barber? Of course they do because they are elite backs. Yet they still manage to hit a big play to change a game by breaking into the secondary. As i said the o-line blows but willis is NOT a game changing back in this league. He's an average back, and that can be attributed to many things like the o-line and play calling, but besides that i just didn't see any burst from this guy and he looked like he was running in sand all year. So WM maybe a proven workhorse but like i said that gets you sh-- in the NFL in terms of a trade.

548565[/snapback]

548487[/snapback]

Its that time of year again where fans imagine that for a pig in a poke we can get 17 first round picks and win the next 12 SB's afterwards.

Its that time of year again where fans imagine that for a pig in a poke we can get 17 first round picks and win the next 12 SB's afterwards.

548604[/snapback]

I'm fairly certain that they stopped serving fried bologna at the Ralph because they thought they could trade the recipe for at least 2 first rounders in each of the next 5 drafts.

Or it's because our "fans" were already full of it.

I love how some of you guys think Donahoe made mistake after mistake by going after "luxury" skill players and not addressing the OL...

Reggie Bush would not be able to be the impact player everyone expects him to be with our current OL. Imagine trading our 1st and 3rds for Bush... that leaves us with just a 2nd to land a decent starting-caliber OL or DL player. Also, what would be the cap hit for Bush's contract? that would also seriously limit what we can do in the FA market.

I know it sounds cool, but the NFL is not Madden 06. You can't win without quality players on both lines...

21,870 posts while his goal is to get his average up to 14 per day.

14 per day over the course of one's life!

Now THAT is one stupid LOWLIFE with nothing else going on in his life.

Is that some sort of record....................21,870 posts??? :blink:

I'm can't stop laughing over here just thinking of what a loser you must be. :doh:

And yet there wasn't one as stupid as "let's trade Willis and a third for the number one overall" because "it only takes one person to do it".  You are DA MAN.

548616[/snapback]