OK....back to the positive

- We have the 8th overall pick which is a great place to be....a LOT of impact players come from this range. It is also nice because you are not paying top 5 money and dont have to worry as much about a "you know who" mistake....we also have the potential to have another high pick if we franchise Nate. Or we can franchise him and work out a long term deal.

- We have cap space.....we can have even more if we decide to clear out some veteran players

Some things to deal with in the offseason.

- I have absolutely loved Eric Moulds over the years.....however I dont think he is the number one reciever we want on board going forward. HOLCOMB is not the answer and I think he has proven that......Moulds is going to be a unfavorable voice in the locker room if we dont go with a veteran. I think we should let Moulds go and bring in another reciever like Brandon Loyd of the niners. I dont see our WR corps dropping off if we do that

- On the other hand I think Sam Adams is a player we should work to keep on board....with the understanding that we are going to create a situation where we have an anchor next to him so he can go back to doing what is successful for him......freelancing without having to worry about staying at home in run support.......we need a spaceater next to him.....whether it be a free agent or a draft pick like Gabe Watson. Nagata might be hard to pass up at the 8th spot.

- I also think as much as it pains me to say it that we are going to have to bring in someone to replace Kelsay....who tapered off badly from the progress he was making year to year......we need to be able to generate pressure with our down linemen........

- Offensively we need to be really agressive with in getting quality offensive linemen into buffalo.....I want veterans whether we draft OL or not......Jason Peters has earned a shot at RT next year......we need our LT to move to LG....we need a LT.....Preston goes to center or RG and we need a couple of road grating OL players......WE NEED TO IMPROVE OUR TE POSITION

- And last but not least.....we need a QB competition in training camp next year....which I fully expect Holcomb to LOSE

- We have the 8th overall pick which is a great place to be....a LOT of impact players come from this range.  It is also nice because you are not paying top 5 money and dont have to worry as much about a "you know who" mistake....we also have the potential to have another high pick if we franchise Nate.  Or we can franchise him and work out a long term deal.

I agree

- I have absolutely loved Eric Moulds over the years.....however I dont think he is the number one reciever we want on board going forward.  HOLCOMB is not the answer and I think he has proven that......Moulds is going to be a unfavorable voice in the locker room if we dont go with a veteran.  I think we should let Moulds go and bring in another reciever like Brandon Loyd of the niners.  I dont see our WR corps dropping off if we do that

I'd re-sign Moulds if the alternative is drafting another WR. But yeah, I'm all for getting a FA if that's cheaper.

- On the other hand I think Sam Adams is a player we should work to keep on board....with the understanding that we are going to create a situation where we have an anchor next to him so he can go back to doing what is successful for him......freelancing without having to worry about staying at home in run support.......we need a spaceater next to him.....whether it be a free agent or a draft pick like Gabe Watson.  Nagata might be hard to pass up at the 8th spot.

Agreed on Adams. I don't know what games these other people are watching. He's the only guy that gets penetration. I dunno about DT with the #8 overall pick though. Me rather have a gamebreaking pass-rusher at DE.

- I also think as much as it pains me to say it that we are going to have to bring in someone to replace Kelsay....who tapered off badly from the progress he was making year to year......we need to be able to generate pressure with our down linemen........

Yes. Kelsay sucks. A lot.

- Offensively we need to be really agressive with in getting quality offensive linemen into buffalo.....I want veterans whether we draft OL or not......Jason Peters has earned a shot at RT next year......we need our LT to move to LG....we need a LT.....Preston goes to center or RG and we need a couple of road grating OL players......WE NEED TO IMPROVE OUR TE POSITION

Yes.

- And last but not least.....we need a QB competition in training camp next year....which I fully expect Holcomb to LOSE

548144[/snapback]

Probably.

So to summarize, we need help at C, LG, LT, TE, DT, DE, maybe WR, maybe CB, Safety, maybe HC. Otherwise in good shape.

- We have the 8th overall pick which is a great place to be....a LOT of impact players come from this range.  It is also nice because you are not paying top 5 money and dont have to worry as much about a "you know who" mistake....we also have the potential to have another high pick if we franchise Nate.  Or we can franchise him and work out a long term deal.

- We have cap space.....we can have even more if we decide to clear out some veteran players

- I have absolutely loved Eric Moulds over the years.....however I dont think he is the number one reciever we want on board going forward.  HOLCOMB is not the answer and I think he has proven that......Moulds is going to be a unfavorable voice in the locker room if we dont go with a veteran.  I think we should let Moulds go and bring in another reciever like Brandon Loyd of the niners.  I dont see our WR corps dropping off if we do that

- On the other hand I think Sam Adams is a player we should work to keep on board....with the understanding that we are going to create a situation where we have an anchor next to him so he can go back to doing what is successful for him......freelancing without having to worry about staying at home in run support.......we need a spaceater next to him.....whether it be a free agent or a draft pick like Gabe Watson.  Nagata might be hard to pass up at the 8th spot.

548144[/snapback]

Nice post. I can't say that I disagree with it. I'd like to rework Moulds' deal and keep him but I know that won't happen.

548144[/snapback]

I agree with this post 99.99999999999%. The only thing that I disagree with is that we need a TE. I think that we already have a stud TE in Kevin Everett!

I agree with this post 99.99999999999%. The only thing that I disagree with is that we need a TE. I think that we already have a stud TE in Kevin Everett!

548177[/snapback]

Based on what? His mini camp? Sorry, but he's a complete unknown at this level and at this time. With our line, who ever it is, he'll need to be able to block.

We need an anchor type player on D that other teams have to account for. Takeo is one is assuming he can regain form after injury. We need a lineman who can draw a double team. I like Ngoti, Watson and Claude Wroten of LSU. Also like DE's Kiwanuka and Williams who are both athletic. Bottom line, this team must get better on third down both on offense and defense. Presently, it is amazing the amount of third downs our opponents convert and how many we don't. Second round draft Daryn Colledge OT from Boise.

Free agency we need to target one good o lineman (not a castoff) and a safety to replace Vincent. Clements must be franchised or signed as we cannot replace every position on the team.