fluitie drop kicked....lmao

Johnny

gumble and esiason were just both saying it didnt look like cincy or new england wanted to get the 3rd seed

547036[/snapback]

Very true, 3rd seed plays Pittsburgh....no one wants to play them in 1st round. I think it's hilarious that both CInci and NE threw their games....mostly by playing non-starters in an important game for seedings. Wouldn't be surprised to see the nfl implement rules to mandate against stuff like this in the future.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BS roughing the passer call on Taylor....that was horrendous.

547038[/snapback]

Yeah. I saw that, too. Looks like the league is getting the referrees in Patriots playoff shape. The Pats are teetering on losing...hey look...a questionable call goes their way.

Very true, 3rd seed plays Pittsburgh....no one wants to play them in 1st round.  I think it's hilarious that both CInci and NE threw their games....mostly by playing non-starters in an important game for seedings.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the nfl implement rules to mandate against stuff like this in the future.

547049[/snapback]

wow someone with a working cranium on the board.....i think cinci threw 2 games and caught hell for it all week

no just like the original longest yard if you ever seen the movie....it's a punt through the uprights.

547029[/snapback]

I didn't see the play, but a drop kick does have to bounce off the ground before you kick it. You can do one at any point in the game - running around in the pocket, whatever. It's not uncommon in rugby. Takes some practice doing it on the run.

Very true, 3rd seed plays Pittsburgh....no one wants to play them in 1st round.  I think it's hilarious that both CInci and NE threw their games....mostly by playing non-starters in an important game for seedings.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the nfl implement rules to mandate against stuff like this in the future.

547049[/snapback]

I mentioned in an earlier thread the old rule about playing divison rivals in the first round.

Seems if they (NFL) reinstitute that rule... It would solve some of the probs.

:lol:

Exactly!

547202[/snapback]

then why not try to win with those players..........belicheck looked like someone just knocked him out of the playoffs when they got within 2..........he even used a drop kick, why cause he wanted to be damn sure he got that point...........

neither wanted the steelers

then why not try to win with those players..........belicheck looked like someone just knocked him out of the playoffs when they got within 2..........he even used a drop kick, why cause he wanted to be damn sure he got that point...........

neither wanted the steelers

547213[/snapback]

With which players? His starters and get them hurt? Even Cassel needed some playing time before the playoffs... It isn't inconceivable that if Brady goes down, it is very likely that a 40 something old midget could too.

Didn't see the game. When Flutie did the drop kick, weren't the Pats going for a 2 pt. conversion because of the saftey Miami got, causing a 2 point "swing" in difference.

Again, I didn't see the play... Maybe Flutie knew the 2 pt. conversion was gonna fail and decided at the last second to get at least 1 pt. with the drop kick? Sounds pretty heads up on DF's part.

You seem to forget, they were trying to tie the game on the last score (0.00) with another 2 pt. conversion attempt.

Just looking at the stats, it seems NE was playing to win and resting people... They were trying to do both... Maybe that is the "genius" of BB... :lol::D:D

With which players?  His starters and get them hurt?  Even Cassel needed some playing time before the playoffs... It isn't inconceivable that if Brady goes down, it is very likely that a 40 something old midget could too.

Didn't see the game.  When Flutie did the drop kick, weren't the Pats going for a 2 pt. conversion because of the saftey Miami got, causing a 2 point "swing" in difference.

Again, I didn't see the play... Maybe Flutie knew the 2 pt. conversion was gonna fail and decided at the last second to get at least 1 pt. with the drop kick?  Sounds pretty heads up on DF's part.

You seem to forget, they were trying to tie the game on the last score (0.00) with another 2 pt. conversion attempt.

Just looking at the stats, it seems NE was playing to win and resting people... They were trying to do both... Maybe that is the "genius" of BB... :lol:  :D  :D

547287[/snapback]

They did it just for fun. It was 4th and goal from about the one. Flutie lined up in a deep shotgun and drop kicked it through.

They did it just for fun. It was 4th and goal from about the one. Flutie lined up in a deep shotgun and drop kicked it through.

547293[/snapback]

he's blind in illinois.........bellychecks face said it all when they got within 2 and to make sure they didnt go to overtime he called his 3rd string qb over on a time out.... and then he took the snap and threw the ball away

I just got back from the sports bar. Watched the Bills lose, but also saw Dropkick Flutie. Can anyone explain to me why Belichick calls that play, other than to show off?

Why try a high risk drop kick for 1 point when you can kick an extra point? The Pats were still in strking distance at the time.

People wonder about MM's playcalling but I guess Belicheck is a "super-genius" so he has his reasons.

PTR

I just got back from the sports bar.  Watched the Bills lose, but also saw Dropkick Flutie.  Can anyone explain to me why Belichick calls that play, other than to show off?

Why try a high risk drop kick for 1 point when you can kick an extra point?  The Pats were still in strking distance at the time.

People wonder about MM's playcalling but I guess Belicheck is a "super-genius" so he has his reasons.

PTR

547326[/snapback]

he didnt want to win the game and would rather play jacksonville in the first round rather than pittsburgh....

Or just maybe both teams realize that the difference between #3 and #4 is inconsequential when weighed against the opportunity to rest your key starters????

547162[/snapback]

Thank you.

The Patriots had just scored a TD and were down by 6, so they were "supposed" to kick the extra point. The entire game was one big scrimmage for New England.