Da Brick in action

UVA trailing, but Ferguson is MONSTER! No way he's on the board when we draft, but man do I wish we'd had a shot at him!

Coverage is showing close up clips on him for blocks on almost series. One time the announcer said, "Lipka is trying a swim move here, but that won't work because Ferguson, a 6'5'' black belt, won't have a part of it." His pass protection is picture perfect. They also said that because his footwork is so great, he's been able to work with new protection techniques.

What typical type of value would be required to move up from say the 11th or 12th pick in the draft to #2 to get Ferguson? I know there's that Jimmy Johnson draft value chart out there somewhere. Also does that value (to move up) get outweighed by our need for having multiple picks in this year's draft?

Nah.  He's too small.  He isn't going to be able to finesse those big guys in the NFL.  He sucks.

545722[/snapback]

Yea, you're probably right. Here's a guy that's only a freshman and can probably gain some weight.

Andrew Dewey

We could get him as an UFA and convert him to LT. It'd be cheaper, too.

This is by far the best OT in the draft. He is an animal. Not only is he sound fundamentally, but he has that NASTY streak you need to have in the O-Line.

With that said, we have no chance at him at all because he will be a top 5 pick.

Enjoy the game though!

To move from #12 to #2 would likely cost you a #1 next year because the #2 pick if worth 2800 or 2600 (depending on the chart you use) and #12 is only worth 1200 points and #11 is worth 1300 at best. So in order to make up the points, you would have to give up your second this year and a first or second next year as well. It's a steep price.

Here's a chart

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6330687

To move from #12 to #2 would likely cost you a #1 next year because the #2 pick if worth 2800 or 2600 (depending on the chart you use) and #12 is only worth 1200 points and #11 is worth 1300 at best.  So in order to make up the points, you would have to give up your second this year and a first or second next year as well.  It's a steep price.

Here's a chart

545745[/snapback]

A 12 year starter at LT is worth that.

To move from #12 to #2 would likely cost you a #1 next year because the #2 pick if worth 2800 or 2600 (depending on the chart you use) and #12 is only worth 1200 points and #11 is worth 1300 at best.  So in order to make up the points, you would have to give up your second this year and a first or second next year as well.  It's a steep price.

Here's a chart

545745[/snapback]

thanks

so Rich, do you think DeBrick would be worth trading up for? You've probably seen him more than most of us...

545787[/snapback]

All sarcasm aside (I decided to try some...just this once), if there is any possibility for the Bills to land either Ferguson or DE Mario Williams in a trade up scenario, I hope they go for it. Other than those two, I wouldn't try to trade up to get anyone.

Ferguson looks to be a standout LT prospect, one who should become a Pro Bowl fixture. He's not a massive guy like Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace, but reminds me of a cross between Walter Jones and Levi Jones. Not bad company to be placed in: the best LT in the game today (Walter) and probably the 3rd or 4th best LT in the game today (Levi).

All sarcasm aside (I decided to try some...just this once), if there is any possibility for the Bills to land either Ferguson or DE Mario Williams in a trade up scenario, I hope they go for it.  Other than those two, I wouldn't try to trade up to get anyone. 

Ferguson looks to be a standout LT prospect, one who should become a Pro Bowl fixture.  He's not a massive guy like Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace, but reminds me of a cross between Walter Jones and Levi Jones.  Not bad company to be placed in:  the best LT in the game today (Walter) and probably the 3rd or 4th best LT in the game today (Levi).

545793[/snapback]

The Bills once had an athletic line and they went to Super Bowls with that group. Since then they have had a "thing" for these "wide body" types and the results have been simply disasterous. Drafting more Jamie Nails types will keep the Bills at the bottom of the NFL for a long time.

Is he better than Robert Gallery? Bryant McKinnie? How about Mike Williams? :lol:

545895[/snapback]

He's more along the lines of either Walter or Levi Jones, meaning he's not a huge lineman (like those guys), but he's very athletic. That's why I think he'll be a good pro.

He's more along the lines of either Walter or Levi Jones, meaning he's not a huge lineman (like those guys), but he's very athletic.  That's why I think he'll be a good pro.

545906[/snapback]

But will he play more than 12 games a year? I mean it was always fun watching Jennings replacement in those 4-5 games when he got a hang nail, or whtever.