Da Brick in action

Well, I was dead-sst against drafting an OL in the top 10 until I looked them up again. I went back to Boselli, the last OL IMO to come into the league & play at a HOF level (before injuries)... some definite misses, but it's not as bad as I thought:

1 2 2 Robert Gallery Raiders T Iowa

1 8 8 Jordan Gross Panthers T Utah

1 4 4 Mike Williams Bills T Texas

1 7 7 Bryant McKinnie Vikings T Miami (FL)

1 10 10 Levi Jones Bengals T Arizona State

1 2 2 Leonard Davis Cardinals T Texas

1 3 3 Chris Samuels Redskins T Alabama

1 7 7 Kyle Turley Saints T San Diego State

1 1 1 Orlando Pace Rams T Ohio State

1 6 6 Walter Jones Seahawks T Florida State

1 10 10 Chris Naeole Saints G Colorado

1 4 4 Jonathan Ogden Ravens T UCLA

1 2 2 Tony Boselli Jaguars T USC

...so if Da Brick is in fact Da Real Deal, he's cool with me, grab 'im! :lol:

He looked great today. To me he looks to be the type of rookie who has a good chance to make an immediate impact. I think the Bills should do everything possible to move up to take the brick. It would be a great start to the Bills in 2006 and an argument can be made that no other team needs him as much as Buffalo.

But will he play more than 12 games a year?  I mean it was always fun watching Jennings replacement in those 4-5 games when he got a hang nail, or whtever.

545907[/snapback]

Perhaps the most intelligent comment you've made here today is to draw comparisons between D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Jonas Jennings. Well done.

looks like taking the top (or even top 2) tackles in the draft resulted in a 1 for 6 record over the last 6 drafts.

that's pretty bad

this ferguson guy looks a bit different tho, there are about 5 or 6 guys that would have been watched to see if they were worthy of a single digit pick at tackle this year, and he is clearly better than the rest.

i'd rather keep picks or trade down and get a top 3 dt and a top 3 lt, that and a couple moves in FA would make a HUGE improvement on our team

This isn't meant to be insulting....but IMO any talk of trading UP to take a player in this draft is absolutely crazy....just CRAZY

In order to trade up in a draft you have to GIVE UP SOMETHING and it is usually draft picks.....

In our case this year we have the opportunity to get some quality players who can make an impact early for our bills.....AND WE NEED LOTS OF THEM

So what if we dont get "the brick" there are a few other OTs in this draft that will be solid pros.....why dont we

- Take a game changer (at a need position) with that first pick

- Take a OL/DL with our 2nd pick (which we would have to give up in order to move up in the draft

- We have 2 third rounders this year......and we have holes to fill.

I hate the idea of trading up in a draft where there will be solid players to be had. We could rebiuld this team through the draft and get a couple of solid free agent guys for the lines.....and get right back at it next year.

I will say it right here right now.....you get these OL/DL's fixed then next year JPL is a different player....when he had time this year he played well....also what people seem to be missing is JPL ISNT OUR FRANCHISE PLAYER......MAGEHEE IS......if we could just get a OL together that dominated at the point of attack this team would look MUCH different.......

This isn't meant to be insulting....but IMO any talk of trading UP to take a player in this draft is absolutely crazy....just CRAZY ..........

.............I will say it right here right now.....you get these OL/DL's fixed then next year JPL is a different player....when he had time this year he played well....also what people seem to be missing is JPL ISNT OUR FRANCHISE PLAYER......MAGEHEE IS......if we could just get a OL together that dominated at the point of attack this team would look MUCH different.......

546134[/snapback]

Well said. one player will not make this team better.