JP's Leg

Tortured Soul

J (Cleveland): Is JP Losman really hurt? Is there any reason to keep Holcomb at QB for the last game?

Chris Mortensen: (11:37 AM ET ) Yes, Losman still has some swelling on his leg. And the fact that he's a young QB who has missed practice time doesn't help. It's important that the Bills win the game, believe it or not.

Has anyone heard this? I thought it was his shoulder.

J (Cleveland): Is JP Losman really hurt? Is there any reason to keep Holcomb at QB for the last game?

Chris Mortensen: (11:37 AM ET ) Yes, Losman still has some swelling on his leg. And the fact that he's a young QB who has missed practice time doesn't help. It's important that the Bills win the game, believe it or not.

Has anyone heard this?  I thought it was his shoulder.

544064[/snapback]

Maybe it's his third leg.

JP's Leg? wasnt that a band?

Mortenson says billeive it or not it's important for the Bills to win the game.....why Chris? Does two straight victories secure friend Tom Donahoes job? Jets have packed it in and Herm is worse than Mike, should be a job saving victory.

Has anyone heard this?  I thought it was his shoulder.

544064[/snapback]

He hurt both in the New England game. The first week he didn't practice because he could neither throw nor run well. The second week, last week, it was reported that he was throwing fine but still walking with a limp. He almost surely could have played last week with the hurt leg but it was hurt and he was limping. He probably is fine this week and he should start. Whether he will or not is a whole other issue. I think it's stupid not to start him, whether right now Kelly Holcomb gives them a better chance to win or not.

The whole handling of the quarterback situation is a difficult choice, and clearly NOT a no-brainer either way. For me, there is no doubt you start Losman. But I see the other side clearly, I just don't agree with it. What bothers me is that it's totally transparent and hypocritical to say that right now we are playing Holcomb because he gives us the best chance to win. Holcomb gave them the best chance to win in games 1-4, too, simply and only and obviously because he had 9 years experience in this league and Losman basically had none. But they elected to start Losman anyway to get him the experience because he was the long term answer. That is still the case, and was never NOT the case. So it's a bunch of hooey to say KH is starting because he gives us the best chance to win.

He hurt both in the New England game. The first week he didn't practice because he could neither throw nor run well. The second week, last week, it was reported that he was throwing fine but still walking with a limp. He almost surely could have played last week with the hurt leg but it was hurt and he was limping. He probably is fine this week and he should start. Whether he will or not is a whole other issue. I think it's stupid not to start him, whether right now Kelly Holcomb gives them a better chance to win or not.

The whole handling of the quarterback situation is a difficult choice, and clearly NOT a no-brainer either way. For me, there is no doubt you start Losman. But I see the other side clearly, I just don't agree with it. What bothers me is that it's totally transparent and hypocritical to say that right now we are playing Holcomb because he gives us the best chance to win. Holcomb gave them the best chance to win in games 1-4, too, simply and only and obviously because he had 9 years experience in this league and Losman basically had none. But they elected to start Losman anyway to get him the experience because he was the long term answer. That is still the case, and was never NOT the case. So it's a bunch of hooey to say KH is starting because he gives us the best chance to win.

544073[/snapback]

Desperate times call for desperate measures... and MM is definitely desperate, given the many messes he's gotten himself into this year. I agree with Mort, it's very important that the Bills win this game.