LT's being ripped by Charger fans

RLflutie7

11 pages of posts in one thread.

Sounds like Bills fans to me.

Some are calling LT the P word.

They're saying:

a. LT ducks out of bounds rather than taking big hits when the game is on the line.

b. Michael Turner is better and breaks more tackles and has more passion.

c. LT gives half hearted attempts at catching passes.

d. Larry Johnson (KC) has a better o-line but can still break tackles when he needs to.

Actually, I think they're right because I think Tomlinson can't break tackles. He's a great open field runner and he can score inside the 5-yard line a lot.

But when he gets hit forget it. And at the biggest moments in games he too often fails. In last year's playoff game, against the Jets, he got stuffed in the redzone and I was not surprised when it happened.

So when Willis McGahee says he's the best, I'm not so certain he's full of it. McGahee can be a great player and he's a better power runner than LT.

LT is a great back - period. None of those morons are in the training room, so they do not know exactly how hurt LT really is (nor do I). LT was not a big back coming out of college, so to expect him to take shots along the sideline is just idiotic. Those "fans" are the same ones wearing baby blue LT jerseys all over town, yet they're calling him soft.

Typical ignorant fans.

LT is a great back and i'd take him in my team in a heart beat.

No one runs so well and scores so many touchdowns and can be labeled "soft".

Hopefully he can score like he has at the beginning of the season against Denver and help me win my football pool :D

LT has a helluva better line that we do; thus his numbers.  Drew Brees doesn't scare anyone.

543831[/snapback]

The chargers line isn't that good. It's a decent line, LT is a great back. However he like a lot of finesse backs himself, alexander, priest holmes, marshall faulk etc etc have a tendancy to run soft. He's not gonna plow over people but like those backs I mentioned he's shifty he'll make a move and he's gone. I dont know if I'd want him on 3rd and 2 in a must make situation.

With that said about this thread theres a lot of fans of every team that rip on their teams runningback. Go check out chiefsplanet theres countless threads ripping on larry johnson cause he doesnt pick up the blitz. Mcgahee was fine earlier in the year when the line was healthy and included mike williams. Nothing personal against jason peters but I sorely doubt it's just coinicdence willis's #'s plummeted when big mike was removed form the lineup. A lot of it also falls on villarrial coming to the end of his career. Trey Teague being too weak to generate a push and bennie anderson being a fat slob and unable to pull limiting the run game to just dives up the middle where generally you wont get a good ypc average. Once this oline is improved willis's #'s will increase I have no doubt about that.

They're saying:

a. LT ducks out of bounds rather than taking big hits when the game is on the line.

d. Larry Johnson (KC) has a better o-line but can still break tackles when he needs to.

Actually, I think they're right because I think Tomlinson can't break tackles. He's a great open field runner and he can score inside the 5-yard line a lot.

But when he gets hit forget it. And at the biggest moments in games he too often fails. In last year's playoff game, against the Jets, he got stuffed in the redzone and I was not surprised when it happened.

So when Willis McGahee says he's the best, I'm not so certain he's full of it. McGahee can be a great player and he's a better power runner than LT.

543797[/snapback]

Are any of them pointing out the obvious fact that if they kept Flutie they would have just sewn up home field throughout the playoffs?

You should let them know.

Mcgahee was fine earlier in the year when the line was healthy and included mike williams.  Nothing personal against jason peters but I sorely doubt it's just coinicdence willis's #'s plummeted when big mike was removed form the lineup. 

543844[/snapback]

A point I think a lot of people overlook based on their impulse to bash Williams and make him seem subpar. WHen heakthy he was a dominant force, especially in the run game. His pass blocking was average but his ability to move bodies was better than average. Now while he isn't a Pro Bowl tackle worthy of a 4th round pick he is when healthy a good OL. If we could get him back healthy at a reduced salary and Peters playing at LT the way he has played at RT then we might have something in the upcoming year.

They're saying:

543797[/snapback]

Fans are fickle. And stupid.

543797[/snapback]

You're kidding right? If you are saying that you would rather have WM instead of LT, you need to watch some Charger football.

Not only is LT a FAR superior player, WM has been in a funk most of this year, above and beyond mediocre OL play. I am starting to believe that when MM called out WM for hesitating too much earlier this year, that WM just started running where the hole should be, whether there is a hole there or not. The OL play this year is on par with last year, but WM has not been anywhere near as effective as he was in 2004.

The chargers line isn't that good.  It's a decent line, LT is a great back.  However he like a lot of finesse backs  himself, alexander, priest holmes, marshall faulk etc etc  have a tendancy to run soft.  He's not gonna plow over people but like those backs I mentioned he's shifty he'll make a move and he's gone.  I dont know if I'd want him on 3rd and 2 in a must make situation.   

With that said about this thread theres a lot of fans of every team that rip on their teams runningback.  Go check out chiefsplanet theres countless threads ripping on larry johnson cause he doesnt pick up the blitz. Mcgahee was fine earlier in the year when the line was healthy and included mike williams.  Nothing personal against jason peters but I sorely doubt it's just coinicdence willis's #'s plummeted when big mike was removed form the lineup.  A lot of it also falls on villarrial coming to the end of his career. Trey Teague being too weak to generate a push and bennie anderson being a fat slob and unable to pull limiting the run game to just dives up the middle where generally you wont get a good ypc average.  Once this oline is improved willis's #'s will increase I have no doubt about that.

543844[/snapback]

good post.

Mike Williams is one great offseason away from being a top 3 RT in the NFL. I hope now he sees that he needs to drop some weight to stay healthy. He should try and get down to around 355lbs. He could help us out so much if he just lost 10-15lbs. Peters can play LT, that would enable us to move Gandy inside to LG or RG, and only leave us with holes at 1 OG and the C spot.

Mike Williams is one great offseason away from being a top 3 RT in the NFL.  I hope now he sees that he needs to drop some weight to stay healthy. He should try and get down to around 355lbs.  He could help us out so much if he just lost 10-15lbs. 

543930[/snapback]

If after 4 years of being overweight, he has not had the desire/motivation to lose some weight(and I believe he needs to lose more than 10-15 pounds), I see no reason to believe why he would change now. It's time to turn the page and get out from underneath his HUGE cap hit.

They're saying:

543797[/snapback]

Forget the lines, Willis is a power runner when he wants to be, but not near enough speed to ever break one. Willis wouldn't be half the back LJ is behind KC's line. To run in that offence, you need to have the speed to hit the edge and turn the corner, WM can't do it, it's obvious. Have you watched the last 2 KC games, LJ gets to the corner and turns upfield _really_ fast.

Forget the lines, Willis is a power runner when he wants to be, but not near enough speed to ever break one.  Willis wouldn't be half the back LJ is behind KC's line.  To run in that offence, you need to have the speed to hit the edge and turn the corner, WM can't do it, it's obvious.  Have you watched the last 2 KC games, LJ gets to the corner and turns upfield _really_ fast.

544106[/snapback]

I think I could run behind KC's or the DB offensive line and probably so could WM, CW, RW (not ralph Wilson), LT, SA, SJ, MF, SW, and any other rb that WNM