Ed Kilgore--Busted!

crazyDingo

Was reading the article http://www.wgrz.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=34118

when i came across THIS:

"But MM also felt a loyalty to his boss, and maybe even convinced himself going with the cocky kid from Tulane could work out..."

and THIS:

"It is an interesting “problem” for Mularkey after the season, because I think he’ll be back without TD looking over his shoulder."

MM? Mike Mularky.

TD? Tom Donahoe.

Where are these men almost always referred to as MM and TD?

ESPN? no.

WGRZ? no.

Message boards.

Message boards JUST LIKE THIS ONE!

You're a lurker, Kilgore! Are you reading my words right now? ugh, I feel so used and dirty.

It makes me wonder how many others connected to the Bills or local media are cruising silently among us like ghosts. Or may have joined under an alias.

Alright, famous lurkers--you're on notice! Im callin you out!

Was reading the article http://www.wgrz.com/sports/sports_article.aspx?storyid=34118

when i came across THIS:

"But MM also felt a loyalty to his boss, and maybe even convinced himself going with the cocky kid from Tulane could work out..."

and THIS:

"It is an interesting “problem” for Mularkey after the season, because I think he’ll be back without TD looking over his shoulder."

MM? Mike Mularky.

TD? Tom Donahoe.

Where are these men almost always referred to as MM and TD?

ESPN? no.

WGRZ? no.

Message boards.

Message boards JUST LIKE THIS ONE!

You're a lurker, Kilgore! Are you reading my words right now? ugh, I feel so used and dirty.

It makes me wonder how many others connected to the Bills or local media are cruising silently among us like ghosts. Or may have joined under an alias.

543371[/snapback]

That would explain the relative crappiness of the Bills coverage recently, if they're getting their material and insight from this online collection of mental midgets. :lol:

Yeah, your point? I've said for years that the media types read forums like this one to get their stories. It's just too much of a coincidence that when a few posters on here start saying something, a couple of days later it happens to make the Buffalo News (or even ESPN). They feed us what we want to read.

CW

Yeah, your point?  I've said for years that the media types read forums like this one to get their stories.  It's just too much of a coincidence that when a few posters on here start saying something, a couple of days later it happens to make the Buffalo News (or even ESPN).  They feed us what we want to read.

CW

543382[/snapback]

Personally, while I doubt it, I'm tickled by the idea that maybe, just maybe, the media outlets up to and including national ones like ESPN, might be taking some of their cues from a crap throwing monkey. :D

Personally, while I doubt it, I'm tickled by the idea that maybe, just maybe, the media outlets up to and including national ones like ESPN, might be taking some of their cues from a crap throwing monkey.  :D

543392[/snapback]

Actually, I have it on good authority that they have you on the "ignore" list. :D

You make a good point!!!!!

The Buffalo fans ARE an educated, football knowledgable bunch.

MM and TD may be really condensnding towards out observations and figure we may not know much, but they are........shall we say disillusioned???

I BILLieve you are correct in that many writers do come into message boards to get ideas and to get a feel for fan opinion.

I will say, TBD is probably the most open minded place that provides good analysis to back up opinion.

Ed Kilgore = Ice?????  don't think so... I cant see Ed calling everyone A$$clowns!!

543418[/snapback]

Ed always seems to be one of the last Buffalo sports reporters to ever give up on coaches or general managers. So if he is lurking here, I am not sure if he is posting here...

BTW Eddie, you always seem to defend the gimmick plays that go wrong as a decent ideas. A gimmick play that goes wrong is always the wrong idea. :D

I always thought SDS should have some sort of media package. Add some features to accomodate media type (perhaps just a flag that marks their account and a media person), and then charge get some money off them. Media people make money off this site, so why doesnt the site make some money off them?

543371[/snapback]

There are people at OBD that read TBD. I've had conversations about things that have been written here with them when I was in the Blue Coats.