Chronicles of Narnia

rockpile

I have to say it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

Anyone else have an opinion? It has not been talked about for a few weeks.

I think that if this movie does not move your emotions and entertain you, you either really dislike fantasy or you are made of stone. :lol:

I liked it, but I did think it was a little slow moving at first. I've never read the books, but I thought it was a good movie. I tend to rate movies like this against my favorite of all time, Lord of the Rings, and I wouldn't rate it in that category. I did like it, and I will probably buy it when it comes to DVD. By the way, my kids loved it.

I have read the original seven book series a few times. The movie stayed true enough to the original, that looking for variances would be picking nits. :lol:

It did start a bit slowly, but I think they wanted to stress the isolation of the children, the mystery of the wardrobe, and the rivalry among the boys.

Certain events in LOTR moved me, but I found myself getting a bit choked up BEFORE a few things in Narnia happened. Maybe because it was children and not Hobbits.

I put it on LOTR level, but that is only my opinion. :huh:

BTW: Narnia did another $30M this weekend!!

I liked it, but I did think it was a little slow moving at first.  I've never read the books, but I thought it was a good movie.  I tend to rate movies like this against my favorite of all time, Lord of the Rings, and I wouldn't rate it in that category.  I did like it, and I will probably buy it when it comes to DVD.  By the way, my kids loved it.

543055[/snapback]

I think I was the first to report on it.

I saw Narnia the first week it was out.

Mike

543495[/snapback]

I did mention it had not been talked about for a few weeks (did a Narnia search before I started). You wrote a nice review, buck, and then the thread fizzled, as this one is quickly doing. :lol:

I thought maybe starting a new thread would start new conversation. 0:)

My matinee tix were $6.

Saw it with the entire family yesterday.  I thought it was very well done.  Good story, and because children were the focus all three kids (6-17) enjoyed the movie.  My guess...to be continued.

Well worth the $2.75 matinee ticket.

543242[/snapback]

Where do yo work? I wish my company gave out movie & football tickets! But I'm in LA and the only time anyone goes to the games out here is when a team is winning and then they show up late and leave early. And why don't we have a NFL team?

For those of you that have seen it, do you think that it would be too scary for a 3 and 1/2 year old. We were thinking of taking my son, but thought that it might be too much for him.

Let me know what you think.

For those of you that have seen it, do you think that it would be too scary for a 3 and 1/2 year old.  We were thinking of taking my son, but thought that it might be too much for him.

Let me know what you think.

544796[/snapback]

If he can handle the scenes from Lion King he should be okay. The Lion in Narnia scene can be pretty intense.