Mario Williams

frogger

Let us hope that he doesn't run better than 4.8, and doesn't bench more reps than 20.

If for some reason he has a terrible Combine and workout, we might be lucky enough to get him, then if we are able to sign Grady Jackson. Our line might be amazing, but we have to hope that the other DE have great workouts and he doesn't, also he is a high energy guy.

imagine Schobel with some help on the other side.

and I want to take this moment to say, Aaron Schobel is in my top 5 all time favorite Bills, every year he has improved, last year it was against the run this year it was the entire package, he might be the 2nd most complete DE in the AFC. He doesn't rant and rave, and doesn't dance. I think a good reward would be to bring his brother to Buffalo, Matt Schobel is a very good TE, he has trouble blocking, but he creates match up problems, because he is very athletic.

thank you for your time

Back before we beat Cincinnati, I was thinking that it was a good possibility that we could draft Williams. Now, I don't even see us being able to land Kiwanuka, let alone Williams. Damn. As much as we need a run stuffer in the middle, if we had a pick high enough to land Williams and we actually did draft him, I would be VERY happy. It doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Back before we beat Cincinnati, I was thinking that it was a good possibility that we could draft Williams.  Now, I don't even see us being able to land Kiwanuka, let alone Williams.  Damn.  As much as we need a run stuffer in the middle, if we had a pick high enough to land Williams and we actually did draft him, I would be VERY happy.  It doesn't look like that's going to happen.

543096[/snapback]

The only question with Williams is motor. He'd be the #1 pick a lot of years, because he is like a cross between Michael Strahan and Reggie White physically. IMO, this year, probably #3 overall, despite the fact that he had it in cruise control for most of the season.

The only question with Williams is motor.  He'd be the #1 pick a lot of years, because he is like a cross between Michael Strahan and Reggie White physically.  IMO, this year, probably #3 overall, despite the fact that he had it in cruise control for most of the season.

543643[/snapback]

So he is another Courtney Brown who will cash in and check out?

Other than Richard Seymour, can someone name a DT that lit up the league in his first three years? It's even harder for run stuffers, because chances are they have nowhere near the strength needed to be effective in the NFL.

While I see the logic of drafting a DT, I don't envision getting production out of one in '06.

Let's stick to obscure names, where we know we can't go wrong.  Like......Flowers???

544133[/snapback]

Talk about a sissy name....

I figure you have to be... oh I don't know, 6-6, 280 lbs... to go through life not getting beaten up with that name.

Other than Richard Seymour, can someone name a DT that lit up the league in his first three years?  It's even harder for run stuffers, because chances are they have nowhere near the strength needed to be effective in the NFL.

While I see the logic of drafting a DT, I don't envision getting production out of one in '06.

544149[/snapback]

Since you asked....

1. Seymour's former college teammate, Marcus Stroud.

2. Bryant Young, who played for "that school" and is still kicking butt for the Niners even after 2 broken legs.

3. Tommie Harris; while he's not "lighting up the league", he has stabilized Chicago's line back to the point where Urlacher can be a playmaker again.

4. Kevin Williams: came into the league and quickly became one of the top DTs in the league.

5. Shaun Rogers, arguably the top DT in the game along w/ Stroud, K. Williams and Seymour.

That's all I can immediately think of.

Since you asked....

1.  Seymour's former college teammate, Marcus Stroud.

2.  Bryant Young, who played for "that school" and is still kicking butt for the Niners even after 2 broken legs.

3.  Tommie Harris; while he's not "lighting up the league", he has stabilized Chicago's line back to the point where Urlacher can be a playmaker again.

4.  Kevin Williams:  came into the league and quickly became one of the top DTs in the league.

5.  Shaun Rogers, arguably the top DT in the game along w/ Stroud, K. Williams and Seymour.

That's all I can immediately think of.

544155[/snapback]

Don't forget Jacksonville's other DT, John Henderson. 44 tackles, 6 balls batted down and 6.5 sacks in his first year. :lol:

Don't forget Jacksonville's other DT, John Henderson.  44 tackles, 6 balls batted down and 6.5 sacks in his first year.  :lol:

544159[/snapback]

and seymours teammate vince wilfork. Notice how ne's defense has been stout lately it all starts up front with those guys wilfork/seymour/warren.

Kris Jenkins when healthy is argubaly one of the top dt's in the league as well.

and seymours teammate vince wilfork.  Notice how ne's defense has been stout lately it all starts up front with those guys  wilfork/seymour/warren.

Kris Jenkins when healthy is argubaly one of the top dt's in the league as well.

544170[/snapback]

Wilfork has been a major disappointment in NE and he hasn't been a regular on that DL, even with the injuries. My recollection is that John Henderson was a head case for the first couple of years in the league. Jenkins took a year to get in shape. Stroud's game really picked up with the addition of Henderson.

Basically, you have to estimate what benefit the rookie DT will get from lining up next to Bandedwarson.

Other than Richard Seymour, can someone name a DT that lit up the league in his first three years?  It's even harder for run stuffers, because chances are they have nowhere near the strength needed to be effective in the NFL.

544149[/snapback]

Some more...

Chad Lavalais

Booger McFarland

Mike Patterson (Rookie this year.. 35 tackles/3.5 sacks.

Jonathon Sullivan

Kevin Williams (35 tackles and 10.5 sacks in his first year. 0:) )

Willie Whitehead (First season, 29 tackles and 7 sacks.

Dan Wilkinson ( Absolute monster in his early years..)

John Thorton

Larry Triplett

Hollis Thomas

Randy Starks

Corey Simon

Warren Sapp

I could go on if you wish.. :lol:

Wilfork has been a major disappointment in NE and he hasn't been a regular on that DL, even with the injuries.  My recollection is that John Henderson was a head case for the first couple of years in the league.  Jenkins took a year to get in shape.  Stroud's game really picked up with the addition of Henderson.

Basically, you have to estimate what benefit the rookie DT will get from lining up next to Bandedwarson.

544192[/snapback]

I think i could deal with him being a headcase with 44 tackles and 6.5 sacks.

Some more...

Chad Lavalais

Booger McFarland

Mike Patterson (Rookie this year.. 35 tackles/3.5 sacks.

Jonathon Sullivan

Kevin Williams (35 tackles and 10.5 sacks in his first year. 0:) )

Willie Whitehead (First season, 29 tackles and 7 sacks.

Dan Wilkinson ( Absolute monster in his early years..)

John Thorton

Larry Triplett

Hollis Thomas

Randy Starks

Corey Simon

Warren Sapp

I could go on if you wish.. :lol:

544200[/snapback]

And very few of these guys had lights out years as rookies.

ps - if we go by # of tackles alone, why didn't you include Ron Edwards in that list?

And very few of these guys had lights out years as rookies. 

ps - if we go by # of tackles alone, why didn't you include Ron Edwards in that list?

544228[/snapback]

1. Go ahead..look them up.

2. Because i didn't go by number of tackles alone. Ron Edwards has only had one solid season, his second which wasn't anything special.