Mike Tice...the gift that just keeps on giving

LabattBlue

Way to insult the fans of Minnesota and the great teams from their past...

Foot in mouth

Vikings coach Mike Tice was upset that there were so many Steelers fans in the Metrodome last week. They were a vocal force during the Pittsburgh victory. So after the game Tice blasted Vikings fans who he suggested scalped their tickets to Pittsburghers.

"It confuses me, I guess," Tice said. "Maybe they're not really diehard season-ticket holders or maybe they needed the money for Christmas presents. I don't know. One of the two."

Yes, this is the same man who was nailed with a $100,000 fine from the NFL just nine months ago for scalping his Super Bowl tickets.

Tice didn't stop there, either. He continued to take on his fans during his weekly radio show. Asked if he felt he wasn't living up to the history and standard of the organization, Tice bellowed, "What history? What tradition? Losing four Super Bowls? Not selling out at (former Vikings home) Met Stadium?"

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20051225/2058036.asp

If, by some miracle, there was a .5 percent chance that he still had a job after this season, it just went down to .000000005 percent.

This guy has all the class of a pregnant nun.

Hard to figure the guy out. I mean he played for the Vikes for most, if not all, of his career. And he looked like he had saved his job with that run they had. Now this. ;)

He really IS a moron.

Way to insult the fans of Minnesota and the great teams from their past...

Foot in mouth

Vikings coach Mike Tice was upset that there were so many Steelers fans in the Metrodome last week. They were a vocal force during the Pittsburgh victory. So after the game Tice blasted Vikings fans who he suggested scalped their tickets to Pittsburghers.

"It confuses me, I guess," Tice said. "Maybe they're not really diehard season-ticket holders or maybe they needed the money for Christmas presents. I don't know. One of the two."

Yes, this is the same man who was nailed with a $100,000 fine from the NFL just nine months ago for scalping his Super Bowl tickets.

Tice didn't stop there, either. He continued to take on his fans during his weekly radio show. Asked if he felt he wasn't living up to the history and standard of the organization, Tice bellowed, "What history? What tradition? Losing four Super Bowls? Not selling out at (former Vikings home) Met Stadium?"

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20051225/2058036.asp

542280[/snapback]

What a clown. The Vike's SB teams were good, tough clubs, well worthy of representing the NFC.

And Minny's management ponied up big bucks the last 2 years to bring in some decent defensive talent - nice job, Mr. Tice... ;)

I thought the most interesting part of the column was this (A possible Bills GM?):

Great drafting has set the Bears' foundation. Nine of their defensive starters have come in the draft the past six years, including five Pro Bowlers - Brian Urlacher, Tommie Harris, Mike Brown, Lance Briggs and Nathan Vasher.

The Bears' director of college scouting is Buffalo native Greg Gabriel, a Bishop Neumann High and Canisius College graduate.

Selling SB tix isn't the same as selling Minny home tix to Steelers fans.  In the SB, your team isn't necessarily playing while, and you can make a WAD of cash.  I don't have a problem with him calling-out the fans in that way.  But the last part is bad.

542285[/snapback]

its still hypocritical.

its still hypocritical.

To a degree. Now had he complained that the fans were selling them purely to make money off of them, it would be totally hypocritical. But again, the SB wasn't going to be played by Minny last year, the crowd usually doesn't really HAVE a favorite team (mostly suits, which pisses me off), and there are huge sums of money to be made from selling your tex.

I think there were a bunch of posters on this board early this season that still were trashing TD for not taking Tice over Williams. Knowing the character of a coach going in is about easy as being able to predict that Ricky Williams would choose ganja over football.

there must have been 25,000 Cowboys fans at Bank of America Stadium for the Panthers/Cowboys game yesterday. I expect that from the fickle fans of Carolina...

542369[/snapback]

Cowboys fans are like roaches, they are everywhere....