Has Nate Clements checked out...

Sound_n_Fury

There have been a lot of inexcusable thisngs about this season, but NC's effort over the last few weeks may be maybe the most galling.  He's going through the motions out there and his effort on the Johnson TD was pathetic.

541590[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. He looks kinda apathetic. Oh well, only one more week.

There have been a lot of inexcusable thisngs about this season, but NC's effort over the last few weeks may be maybe the most galling.  He's going through the motions out there and his effort on the Johnson TD was pathetic.

541590[/snapback]

I noticed that too, seems as though Nate isn't interested anymore. And some team will still probably offer him goofy money.

I dont see the big deal. It's Chad Johnson not choped Liver. Johnsons only gonna lead the afc in receiving yards for the 3rd straight year. You wanna call out nate on bad play fine, but using the best receiver in the afc as a means to do so isn't being level headed.

TJH lit up mcgee as well. Of course that's null and void due to an int, but For the most part the entire secondary played well enough to win the game and thats what matters

I dont see the big deal. It's Chad Johnson not choped Liver. Johnsons only gonna lead the afc in receiving yards for the 3rd straight year.  You wanna call out nate on bad play fine, but using the best receiver in the afc as a means to do so isn't being level headed.

541905[/snapback]

....Except Clements was out there getting burned by everyone, including 4th/5th stringer Kevin Walter on more than one occasion. Then include the fact that he's been eaten alive by the likes of Rod Smith, Keenan McCardell, and David Givens in recent weeks and the real picture starts to appear.

Nate lost a boatload of $$ lately. He was pathetic today.

541895[/snapback]

He wasn't all-world, but he certainly wasn't pathetic.

The Bengals took advantage of Grey's refusal to let his corners play football and ran ChadJ on a ton of the kind of routes that are impossible to cover when you're lined up 8-10 yrds off the LOS.

Nate had what they call "trail technique" in a mostly cover 2 scheme today. He got caught up a step slow at times today even so. I've certainly seen worse games but still wasn't overly thrilled with his play. He did make some nice tackles today both in run support and on some flat passes.

Yep. Bills management is crazy if they pay anything close to top ten dollars for jorneyman *at best play) I'd much rather we let him go and devote the dollars to other needs (like both lines). This si a contract year and he sucks.. Imagine how he will play once he's fat and happy with a new contract?

I looked at the game stats and Clements led the team in tackles. I'm not saying this makes him great corner, but based on the stats it looks like he may have been more involved in run support today.

I don't think he's an elite corner and he definitely needs to keep his mouth shut, but it's hard to tell from an individual game how good a player is.

I looked at the game stats and Clements led the team in tackles.  I'm not saying this makes him great corner, but based on the stats it looks like he may have been more involved in run support today.

I don't think he's an elite corner and he definitely needs to keep his mouth shut, but it's hard to tell from an individual game how good a player is.

541948[/snapback]

That's what's so perplexing to me. He seems to be so much worse in coverage this season, yet he's still putting in a great effort in run support and tackling in general (for the most part). I can't explain it.

That's what's so perplexing to me. He seems to be so much worse in coverage this season, yet he's still putting in a great effort in run support and tackling in general (for the most part). I can't explain it.

542003[/snapback]

It's called a porous defensive line that generally never gets pressure. Also when you have a poor run defense like we do this season. It puts teams in shorter down and distance making it easier for offenses to pass, and generally make good corners look bad. Clements hasn't been good this year I'll agree with that. I just don't think he's been as bad as people have said.

I dont see the big deal. It's Chad Johnson not choped Liver. Johnsons only gonna lead the afc in receiving yards for the 3rd straight year.  You wanna call out nate on bad play fine, but using the best receiver in the afc as a means to do so isn't being level headed.

TJH lit up mcgee as well. Of course that's null and void due to an int, but For the most part the entire secondary played well enough to win the game and thats what matters

541905[/snapback]

Loping along 3 yards off Johnson and watching him run is not playing lockdown. What exactly did Johnson do that Chambers and the rest of the WRs that were NC's responsibility the last few weeks do? Johnson certainly didn't look all world today and still got 117 yards.

At this point McGee is much better in coverage than NC.