All "NVT" (No Vaseline Team)

R. Rich

This year looks to be a bad one in terms of voting. First off, congrats to Brian Moorman on being the lone Bill to be selected. Josh Miller and Shane Lechler are very good punters also, but it's nice to see Moorman get his due. Considering the conditions he kicks in and considering just how consistent he is, it's very impressive.

As for those who got screwed, I could name a ton of people, but I'll just mention a few that were notable to me. I'll start w/ the position I played and one I always love to watch during the games: linebacker. There are 2 glaring omissions on the AFC roster @ LB and another who you could make a very strong argument for:

SHOULD BE IN: Donnie Edwards, Jonathan Vilma

COULD BE IN: London Fletcher

ARE IN: Zach Thomas, Al Wilson

I like Wilson a lot, but I don't know if he should be there over either Edwards (he'll make the NVT Hall of Fame) or Vilma. Then again, their teams suck (well, the Jets do, anyway) and Wilson's Broncs are in the thick of a playoff chase. Thomas is the king of the missed tackle and is nowhere near as effective as he was earlier in his career. This was a "legacy pick". [i'm not sure if Odell Thurman's stats are worthy enough for him to be thrown in this debate-lil' help, stuckincincy-but he had a Pro Bowl caliber rookie season.] Speaking of, let's move on to the OL...

SHOULD BE IN: Levi Jones, Tarik Glenn

IS IN: Jonathan Ogden

Another "legacy pick" here. Jones was recently mentioned as perhaps the 2nd best tackle in the league after Walter Jones of Seattle (I'd say after Walter, Pace, and maybe Glenn). They gave Levi's teammate, Willie Anderson, a nod, so that's something. Still, Levi Jones is probably the top LT in the AFC, so why is he not going to the Pro Bowl? Glenn had a very good season for Indy, even better than last year, when he was selected. He was also jerked around today by the league, who announced he had made it again, then said they had made a voting error and that he was a first alternate. BS!!!!!!!!

I'll mention 2 omissions for the NFC that I think are pretty bad too.

1. Lofa Tatupu

Jeremiah Trotter??????? What a joke. Lofa should be there instead. They know it.

2. Alex Brown

As much as I like Strahan and Umenyiora as a tandem, to leave Brown out for both of them (along w/ Julius Peppers; no argument here) was not right. He'll get his due, I'm sure.

So, who did you think got the shaft?

2. Alex Brown

As much as I like Strahan and Umenyiora as a tandem, to leave Brown out for both of them (along w/ Julius Peppers; no argument here) was not right. He'll get his due, I'm sure.

So, who did you think got the shaft?

539544[/snapback]

I think Ogunleye has a better case then Brown but one of them should've made it.

I guess you could make a case for the entire bears defense this year

Pat Williams got shafted. He should go over both Shaun Rogers and Rod Coleman.

I think Antonio Pierece mlb from the giants should be in and trotter out

One Chicago Bear that I think got shafted is tailback Thomas Jones. He's been the bears lone source of offense this year against 8 man fronts. I know dunn has more yards but Jones has been more valuable to his team.

Drew is an interesting non-pick. I think Drew is now in a system where he can not lose games. Does that make him ProBowlworthy? Again, you could say the same about Hasselbeck--was he the pro or was the system he was put in the reason he looks good?

I also think that Torrey Holt is a legacy pick.

Drew is an interesting non-pick. I think Drew is now in a system where he can not lose games. Does that make him ProBowlworthy? Again, you could say the same about Hasselbeck--was he the pro or was the system he was put in the reason he looks good?

I also think that Torrey Holt is a legacy pick.

539562[/snapback]

Have you actually watched any Dallas games? Blew Dredslow is directly responsible for at least 3 losses. A good friend is a rabid Dallas fan and has more grey hair in the last few months than he did in the last few years.

RTB

This year looks to be a bad one in terms of voting.  First off, congrats to Brian Moorman on being the lone Bill to be selected.  Josh Miller and Shane Lechler are very good punters also, but it's nice to see Moorman get his due.  Considering the conditions he kicks in and considering just how consistent he is, it's very impressive. 

As for those who got screwed, I could name a ton of people, but I'll just mention a few that were notable to me.  I'll start w/ the position I played and one I always love to watch during the games: linebacker.  There are 2 glaring omissions on the AFC roster @ LB and another who you could make a very strong argument for:

SHOULD BE IN:  Donnie Edwards, Jonathan Vilma

COULD BE IN:  London Fletcher

ARE IN:  Zach Thomas, Al Wilson

539544[/snapback]

You could make a case for Merriman out in SD too. He's only a rookie but that guy has brought it all year long.

You could make a case for Merriman out in SD too.  He's only a rookie but that guy has brought it all year long.

539608[/snapback]

he made it

tarik glen

levi jones

BIG PAT WILLIAMS!@@!!!!!11111!!1

got the shaft hard

Have you actually watched any Dallas games? Blew Dredslow is directly responsible for at least 3 losses. A good friend is a rabid Dallas fan and has more grey hair in the last few months than he did in the last few years.

RTB

539584[/snapback]

I got more this year than last few months than I did in the last few years - does that make it Buffalo QBs fault? No. You can always tell when someone has a weak argument when they start the argument insulting the player by changing the spelling of the name.

Do I think he is worthy? Do not know - I am not obsessed with watching Dallas as it appears some fans are.

i did watch Minnesota occasionally (luck of the draw) and Pat was definitely a force on that line.

[i'm not sure if Odell Thurman's stats are worthy enough for him to be thrown in this debate-lil' help, stuckincincy-but he had a Pro Bowl caliber rookie season.] 

539544[/snapback]

I think he's shy of the mark. His early-season over-pursuit has been toned down a bit, but he's playing in a comfortable spot, with LB's Brian Simmons on one side and 2nd-year player Landon Johnson on the other. That allows him to "free wheel", so to speak. In the last few games they have had him do some blitzing, and he gets good pressure.

I think he has something like 80 or so total tackles to date.