Season was over for me when...

Eric in Akron

McGahee ran his mouth about being the best running back prior to the SD game. That was the last straw for me about the currently fielded Bills team. I got news for McGahee, elite backs make plays happen without much support. Barry Sanders produced even though his O-Line sucked. LT can produce and if you watch him run, it takes a few touches on him before he goes down.

This whole team from the beginning of the year did a lot of talking but when it came to backing it up on the field, they couldn't. This team gets pushed around and I see no fight in them. Not even a flare to give a glimpse to the possible future. Yep, after the SD game I haven't watched a Bills game since. I've never been less proud to be a Bills fan. I used to be proud of the team even when they were having a bad season because the character of the team was at least honorable. Not this team, this is the type of team that alienates the fan base. Ugh.

sorry for the rant, had to get it out, you can now continue with your lives as previously scheduled...

Guest BackInDaDay

...Mularkey caved to pressure from some veterans and his GM and abandoned all of the preparation he and his staff did to groom the Bills' QB of the future. Sacrificing the developement of most important position on a football field in the vain and distant hope of backing into a division title.

It crashed into a wall when the veterans, who now thought they were running the team, were either told to go home, suspended, or shown the door via the LG position.

It's about to burst into flames because absolutely nothing has been accomplished this season. We're worse off then we were at the end of '04. Someone's gonna get burned.

The season was OVER for me:

Rationally: I knew is was over when the Bills tried everything they could to give the game to Miami on October 9th at home, but Miami was too inept to take it.

Emotionally: I let go of any remaining hopes I had, after the Patriots road game loss, October 30th.

Since then I have just been coasting, trying not to let them bother me too much. :(

Actually I was kind of holding on to hope until the second half of the Miami game. That second half kind of hit me over the head with the fact that this team was a remarkably bad football team. What kills me is that I still believe there are a number of very good players on it. I know what you're thinking..."what do you call a very good player" who plays the way we have the last part of this season?" A very bad player.

Oakland game. If they beat Oakland on the road then they have a chance to go into NE with a 4-3 record with a win on the road and momentum, then even if they lost they would go into the bye 4-4. They choked, went into NE 3-4 on their way to 3-5...season over. They've won one game since...KC after the bye.

That's it right there.  That is where I'm at too and the only way I can accomplish that is not to watch.  :(

537019[/snapback]

If you lay down on the couch midway through the 2 qt like I did sat., you can actually get a nice little nap in. Then when you wake up, look at the score board and think it says 30-28, refocus your eyes and its actually 28-10, you will get a real good laugh, because you were about to yell at the wife for not waking you up!!

That team in Detroit, and its coach was a heck of a lot better than we were led to believe......didn't Fontes average around 10 wins per season, despite having just 1 player on the roster?

537106[/snapback]

Yeah the whole team was good for about 3 of Barry's 10 years with the team. However, Barry always had good years:

89: Team 7-9 Barry: 1470 yards 5.3 ypc

90: Team 6-10 Barry: 1304 yards 5.1 ypc

91: Team 12-4 Barry: 1548 yards 4.5 ypc

92: Team 5-11 Barry: 1352 yards 4.3 ypc - Worst ypc

93: Team 10-6 Barry: 1115 yards 4.6 ypc - Worst yards

94: Team 9-7 Barry: 1883 yards 5.7 ypc

95: Team 10-6 Barry: 1500 yards 4.8 ypc

96: Team 5-11 Barry: 1553 yards 5.1 ypc

97: Team 9-7 Barry: 2053 yards 6.1 ypc (Wow)

98: Team 5-11 Barry: 1491 yards 4.3 ypc - Tied worst ypc

Detriot finished top in their division only twice (91 & 93). Despite being on some bad teams, Barry never averaged less than 4.3 ypc. That is elite.

Sorry, I thought that you were suggesting the Barry was a product of a good o-line kinda like Emmitt Smith.  :(

537172[/snapback]

It wasn't anything close to Emmitt's O-line, which was one of the best ever. I will say that it wasn't a terrible line, and was much better than what we have now. AND that Fontes was not the bufoon he was made out to be

Guest BackInDaDay
When.....You realized that you were a Bills fan.

537236[/snapback]

Hey, you guys dig up some of enormo-head Czonka's old helmets for your 'slow' QB? Does Gus take a little yellow bus to Joe Robme? Are you in there with him? Or are you in the back of Ricky's low rider sippin' the gin and juice and layin' down the chronic with the head himself? How long til that sordid little love triangle between Taylor, Thomas and Thomas' sister hits the dailies?