Sam Wyche

Buffal0 Bill5

I have read several posts expressing the opinion that Wyche be our OC, HC, etc. I was under the impression that he was not interested in a high profile position, and was kinda happy where he is at. I was just curious to know if anybody knows his situation. Is his health an issue at all?

Guest BackInDaDay
I have read several posts expressing the opinion that Wyche be our OC, HC, etc.  I was under the impression that he was not interested in a high profile position, and was kinda happy where he is at.  I was just curious to know if anybody knows his situation.  Is his health an issue at all?

534674[/snapback]

He's tight with Mularkey, whom I believe coached him in Cincy.

Either way, if Mike goes, Sam goes.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on the Clements demotion. He and Mularkey were tight in Pittsburg and they came here together. Wonder if the falling out had less to do with play-calling than it did with Mike becoming Donahoe's puppet.

I have read several posts expressing the opinion that Wyche be our OC, HC, etc.  I was under the impression that he was not interested in a high profile position, and was kinda happy where he is at.  I was just curious to know if anybody knows his situation.  Is his health an issue at all?

534674[/snapback]

of course his health is an issue..the guy may need a heart transplant someday..he needs a lower stress job--like QB coach

I'm not sure of that. There's been times including with the Bills, that when the head coach changes, some assistants are kept. Jerry Gray obviously comes to mind. And I believe Gregg Williams kept a couple of coaches from Wade P staff too, Chuck Lester, Rusty Jones and one other.

BTW they coached together in Tampa, not Cincy

I doubt any coach is going to committ suicide for another coach as in refuse to stay with the Bill's becasue they fired the head coach. Usually the team will givce any coaches the green light to look around if they want for another job as that takes the Bill's off the hook for their salary if they find anything. But not to say Sam would look immediately and that some team would pick him up either. It's not like he's doen this incredible job here in the past two years that would make him a hot name.

Plus after working with him for two years, he might not be as tight as you'd think either.

He's tight with Mularkey, whom I believe coached him in Cincy.

Either way, if Mike goes, Sam goes.

534687[/snapback]

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on the Clements demotion.  He and Mularkey were tight in Pittsburg and they came here together.  Wonder if the falling out had less to do with play-calling than it did with Mike becoming Donahoe's puppet.

534687[/snapback]

I'm real confused as to what the whole deal IS with the Clements demotion .... I know we as the Bills nation were unhappy with the unimaginative playcalling, and the use of "goofy" trick plays, and had assumed the HC was too. However, I haven't really seen a dramatic change in the philosophy of the Bills gameplans, or a lessining of head scratching trick plays. I am not expert enough to be able to see a subtle change in gameplans ....... but it still looks like the same old stuff is being called.

I have kind of justified the whole mess in my pea sized brain (and could very well be wrong) thathis demotion wasn't so much a difference in philosophy, but a result in a personal "tiff" between MM and Clements that MM has handled the same way as he handled his "differences" between himself and Adams and Moulds (and I'm beginning to think Mike Williams as well).

Have any of the more astute amoung us actually SEEN a difference in playcalling since MM has taken over?????? An inquiring (but small) mind wants to know>

I'm real confused as to what the whole deal IS with the Clements demotion .... I know we as the Bills nation were unhappy with the unimaginative playcalling, and the use of "goofy" trick plays, and had assumed the HC was too. However, I haven't really seen a dramatic change in the philosophy of the Bills gameplans, or a lessining of head scratching trick plays. I am not expert enough to be able to see a subtle change in gameplans ....... but it still looks like the same old stuff is being called.

I have kind of justified the whole mess in my pea sized brain (and could very well be wrong) thathis demotion wasn't so much a difference in philosophy, but a result in a personal "tiff" between MM and Clements that MM has handled the same way as he handled his "differences" between himself and Adams and Moulds (and I'm beginning to think Mike Williams as well).

Have any of the more astute amoung us actually SEEN a difference in playcalling since MM has taken over?????? An inquiring (but small) mind wants to know>

534884[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head. Play calling has been very similar with similar results.