Nice goal by Breire!

Dante

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Sabres. Nice to see them, among others, get a fair shot now with the salary cap. Sabres/Sharks final. Guy's with the dish and Center Ice package should tune in to see the SharksvsCaps. I know we are out here in hockey Siberia on the coast but it is worth the watch. Sharks have been the most talented team in the west for two years now. Thornton is the next too last piece in the puzzle for them. Just need one more good Dman and we are all set. San Jose is also 9 million under the cap :doh:

I screamed "Fug yes.  Eat sh--, NHL".  My wife was on the phone with her mother.  Her mother's response?  "He's watching hockey, isn't he?

Hee hee.

534662[/snapback]

Listened to the whole game on the internet. Ho hum, we win again. :doh:

I'm dying to see Biron's big save...ERRRRRR...Palffy's goal (?). Sounds like the NHL is up to it's old tricks again. Good thing the Pens didn't put one through the side of the net in OT or we would have lost (and yes I'm still pissed about that Flyers game all those years ago).

Damn, this team is GOOD!!!!!

Complain all you want, it was a goal. Marty's entire glove (except for maybe the padding over his wrist) was over the line. If they didn't have that overhead view, it wouldn't have counted, but oh well.

By the way, all replayed goals league-wide are reviewed in the NHL headquarters in Toronto. That has a lot to do with why the review took so long.

Complain all you want, it was a goal.  Marty's entire glove (except for maybe the padding over his wrist) was over the line.  If they didn't have that overhead view, it wouldn't have counted, but oh well.

By the way, all replayed goals league-wide are reviewed in the NHL headquarters in Toronto.  That has a lot to do with why the review took so long.

534692[/snapback]

I thought that was after the fact, not during the game?

Complain all you want, it was a goal.  Marty's entire glove (except for maybe the padding over his wrist) was over the line.  If they didn't have that overhead view, it wouldn't have counted, but oh well.

By the way, all replayed goals league-wide are reviewed in the NHL headquarters in Toronto.  That has a lot to do with why the review took so long.

534692[/snapback]

Now consider the angle of the camera.

Now consider the angle of the camera.

534694[/snapback]

I watched the TSN feed, so I can't speak for what was shown on MSG. The NHL had an overhead view that TSN didn't have at first. I'm assuming you're thinking of the shot from the corner that TSN showed a couple times. That one was inconclusive, but the overhead was clear as day.

We deserved that big time.

I almost woke up my son when I screamed when they scored.

534660[/snapback]

I had just put my kids to bed ~20 minutes earlier and let the 8 year old come out to see the "save". Even though it was a goal (and if you look closely, the webbing of the glove in the net does appear to move, but I didn't notice it until the replays after the game), it was an incredible effort by Marty.

I still think Marty will be traded before the season is over, but hope he gets the league record for consecutive start wins (17) before it happens.

No clue.  There's no way from the above angle you can tell where that puck was.

Conclusive my white Irish ass.

534653[/snapback]

inconclusive evidence my f-n-ass. this is the bs buffalo puts up with

all the time. There is no way they could have had conclusive evidence '

from that angle.

Total BS. Something in me thinks there is memo in the NHL to

get Crosby the prime time looks.

They gave that f-in kid the A today.

they give a kid the A after 30 games as a pro.

That's total BS

But I am happy we won. Drury working his ass off.

inconclusive evidence my f-n-ass. this is the bs buffalo puts up with

all the time. There is no way they could have had conclusive evidence '

from that angle.

Total BS. Something in me thinks there is memo in the NHL to

get Crosby the prime time looks.

They gave that f-in kid the A today.

they give a  kid the A after 30 games as a pro.

That's total BS

But I am happy we won. Drury working his ass off.

534755[/snapback]

The kid is good, but giving him the A at this stage in his career makes no sense for the team or for him.

I also agree about the No Goal.