what a difference a decade makes

Blue Chipper

I was flipping through the Bills Media Guide today. Did you know that our record for the 90's was 103-57 including 8 seasons of atleast 10 wins. Then we hot the year 2000 and since then our record is 38-55. 8-8, 3-13, 8-8, 6-10, 9-7 and 4-9 so far this year. Not one 10 win season this decade. How are you so bad for so long? Sure we were 9-7 last season and with a brake or two we could have made the Playoffs. Actually if we had shown up against Pitt we would have made the playoffs but so what.

I look at this team today and we still have holes and not just a couple. We have a rookie qb who the verdict is still out on and is now injured. We have a rb who looks looks like he can be a great bback but until the line is fixed we wont know for sure. And thats if he doesnt hold out or demand a trade next off season. We have our best player on D hurt most of the season and who knows if he will return to his former self in TKO. Our 2nd best player is probably Nate (sorry London) and he will be shopping his services to the highest bidder.

So where does that leave us going into 06? Think about it. We are no better off than we were 5 years ago. TD has done nothing to return us to our glory years or even to a contender status. NE has been banged up all season and yet they still beat us twice this year. We are a long way away from being a force in this league.

So now what. Fire TD? Fire MM? Its sad because this team is going nowhere and there is not even a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully in the next decade when my son is old enough to follow the Bills he will have something to cheer about.

I was flipping through the Bills Media Guide today. Did you know that our record for the 90's was 103-57 including 8 seasons of atleast 10 wins. Then we hot the year 2000 and since then our record is 38-55. 8-8, 3-13, 8-8, 6-10, 9-7 and 4-9 so far this year. Not one 10 win season this decade. How are you so bad for so long? Sure we were 9-7 last season and with a brake or two we could have made the Playoffs. Actually if we had shown up against Pitt we would have made the playoffs but so what.

534256[/snapback]

Bills had the best record in the AFC during the 90's, and 2nd or 3rd best in the NFL. I wonder where that 38-55 ranks them for the 2K's.

So where does that leave us going into 06? Think about it. We are no better off than we were 5 years ago. TD has done nothing to return us to our glory years or even to a contender status.

534256[/snapback]

I think it is too harsh to say "TD has done nothing".....He actually has done

everything he can in brining FAs like TKO, Milloy, Vincent, Adams, Bledsoe,

drafting possible in stars in McGahee, Evans....re-signing the like of Moulds

etc.....It just hasn't WORKED OUT.

The guy wheeled and dealed and tried to get it going...it just did not happen...

the reason....the coaching staff he assembled....they just did not measure up

Every post reminds me of how the Sabres were perceived before this season.

Doom and gloom. Gloom and doom.

It ain't nearly as bad as everyone believes. The players lack confidence, not talent. The difference between the playoffs and the cellar in today's NFL is bee's dick.

It's just too bad so many guys (take this personally, Willis McGahee) would rather talk a good game than play one.

It ain't nearly as bad as everyone believes.  The players lack confidence, not talent.  The difference between the playoffs and the cellar in today's NFL is bee's dick.

534491[/snapback]

I absolutely agree...that is why I have such a hard time nailing TD to a tree...I don't think the Bills are nearly as bankrupt, talent wise, as their record shows, and as many here seem to think. It really is as simple, I think, that they need to get better on both lines, and some of the skill position guys need more experience. As old as the Bills are (on defense) they are young in other areas. I am sure there are a number of players on the Bills roster that other GM's in the NFL would covet.

I absolutely agree...that is why I have such a hard time nailing TD to a tree...I don't think the Bills are nearly as bankrupt, talent wise, as their record shows, and as many here seem to think.  It really is as simple, I think, that they need to get better on both lines, and some of the skill position guys need more experience.  As old as the Bills are (on defense) they are young in other areas.  I am sure there are a number of players on the Bills roster that other GM's in the NFL would covet.

534553[/snapback]

you can say that about any team in the league. arizona, for instance, has 5 or 6 really, really good players. same with baltimore, the jets, and new orleans (i'd argue that new orleans has significantly more talent than the bills). anyway, the point is that drafting and/or signing up talented players is a highly overrated skill.

The problem is that those FAs where not the right ones to bring the Bills back to the playoffs. We signed Vincent to play CB then found out he could no longer do it so we moved him to safty where he has been so-so. We paid Milloy top safty money and then found out that he was good in run support and Blitzing but can not do pass coverage. And the list goes on and on