Lee Evans. Underachiever.

Ignoring JP's woes... Evans has just not shone like we all expected.

This quote from Fox Sports sums him up...

In Pro Football Prospectus 2005, I said that Evans was either going to end up a perennial 1000-yard receiver or like Chris Chambers, always making a few highlight plays while he wants for a good quarterback to finally come to his team. At this point, it's looking like he's on Chambers' career path.

Sadly true - and just adds another need to the off-season shopping list (assuming that Moulds is done).

Sadly true - and just adds another need to the off-season shopping list (assuming that Moulds is done).

532045[/snapback]

I think our best chances lie with a JP-to-Lee connection. If those two could do a lot of work on timing routes and especially the short game over the winter, it would do wonders for both of them.

I think Lee is going to be a great reciever in this league. He has world class speed and I think he makes a lot of spectacular catches. He has been picking it up the last couple of weeks and I believe that he just needs to develop more confidence with JP. I'm sure that this year has been frustrating after being relatively under used in the first half of the season.

Offensive line anyone?

532062[/snapback]

BINGO... our receivers are the only strength on offense. And they are mediocre by NFL standards. Our offensive line is HORRIBLE by NFL standards. I don't care if its Jerry Rice, Don Maynard, Andre Reed or TO...if they run their route, turn around and see the quarterback on his ass, it don't mean nuthin.

Does anyone who gets paid to write about the NFL, actually watch the games before they write, or do they just look at stats? Anyone know?

This kind of stuff really p***es me off, and makes me care less and less about what the "experts" have to say, particularly when it comes to evaluating players...

Does anyone who gets paid to write about the NFL, actually watch the games before they write, or do they just look at stats?  Anyone know?

This kind of stuff really p***es me off, and makes me care less and less about what the "experts" have to say, particularly when it comes to evaluating players...

532073[/snapback]

Not sure about football, but there was a story run on MLB on the local radio station. Baseball is hiring a bunch of people like they do every year. Parttime work, and what they do is they take these teams, go to everygame, and they are updating the stats after everypitch. They had a name for them. These teams are also interviewing people who were students of the game, knew what they were talking about who would write up brief summaries about everything happening. I am sure the NFl does the same thing and send these crip notes out to lots of folks.

532045[/snapback]

So the quote about Evans "wanting for a good quarterback" makes you think we need another receiver, or do you mean that we need to add a QB to our shopping list. While it's too early to make any conclusions about Evans, it is ridiculously too early to decide how JP is going to turn out in the league.

532045[/snapback]

All there is to criticize and abuse about the Bills...

from the front office...

to the coaching....

to having players on our roster that do not belong in this league....

and you post about Lee Evans??

I think your credibility is shot!!!!

All there is to criticize and abuse about  the Bills...

from the front office...

to the coaching....

to having players on our roster that do not belong in this league....

and you post about Lee Evans??

I think your credibility is shot!!!!

532102[/snapback]

My comment is that we need another WR in the offseason. The comment on Lee Evans is pulled from Fox's power rankings.

Now that I am getting flamed I am going to defend myself...

Lee Evans is a great talent. Do doubt. He also has some great flashes. But that is exactly the point of the quote - it appears that his flashes are patchy - like Chris Chambers. Also - the comment about always needing a good QB are indicative of a blame culture going on in the team. Looking to blame someone else for bad play.

Lee Evans could join Moulds and Reed as one of the greatest recievers in Bills History... But to be honest - he's only done it in flashes...

Now I am ready to rip a hole in everyone on this team right now because they all deserve it. That 58 completion from Losman to Evans happened because Lee decided to put it up a gear. Losman didn't have any additional time from the OL on that or any other play all game. Yeah he needs to be more consistent - see my other posts today) - but the same comment can and should be made about Lee Evans.

No one is safe on this team. NO ONE. at 4-9 everyone is fair game.

532045[/snapback]

let's remember how moulds did his first 2 years. also, chris chambers is looking pretty good right about now ...

I'm calling BS on this one.

In his first 2 seasons, he's basically been ignored until November . They guy is very talented and has been shorted about 20 catches a year. He seems to click with Losman, when given the opportunity.

532055[/snapback]

I agree completely. He just needs the opportunity to show what he can do and to this point, those opportunities have been few and far between.

In the first four games of the year, JP couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Neither he or Moulds put up any numbers in that time. In the next four, Holcomb basically ignored him and threw every pass to Eric Moulds. Its only been in the last five games that Evans has really gotten a chance to produce and I think he has delivered: 21 catches 380 yards and 5 TDs.

532045[/snapback]

chris chambers has improved every year. he's on a pace to get 84 catches this year for about 1200 yards and 10 tds.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/ChamCh00.htm