Marv's quote...

The Senator

I'm sure many have already heard it on Howard Simon's show this AM, - last nite at Marv was asked about his interest in coaching again. His reply was someting like...

"I have to be careful about this. I have been contacted by two teams about coaching again, and I'm thinking about it. One of them is not the Bills. And that's all I can say."

That would seem to imply that the other team IS the Bills.

Marv

Bring back Marv!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure many have already heard it on Howard Simon's show this AM, - last nite at Marv was asked about his interest in coaching again.  His reply was someting like...

"I have to be careful about this.  I have been contacted by two teams about coaching again, and I'm thinking about it.  One of them is not the Bills.  And that's all I can say."

That would seem to imply that the other team IS the Bills.

Marv

Bring back Marv!

530838[/snapback]

:doh:

Umm, your link doesn't show any of that info....  :doh:

530847[/snapback]

Yeah, I know - I wish the actual quote was in there but trust me - anyone who listened to the show heard the exact same thing - Simon played it over and over and it was the topic for a good portion of his show - also was the main topic Simon's interview with Larry Felser this morning.

Yeah, I know - I wish the actual quote was in there but trust me - anyone who listened to the show heard the exact same thing - Simon played it over and over and it was the topic for a good portion of his show - also was the main topic Simon's interview with Larry Felser this morning.

530872[/snapback]

It definately sounds like something Marv would say. :doh:

Too bad they don't link the audio...

CW

Remember two things here, guys. First of all "he's been contacted by two teams about coming back to work in the NFL" doesn't mean they were asking him to be HC (see the Dan Reeves thread). Secondly, my good friend The Senator, is on a campaign and has been known to strech the truth and frame the facts in a way that suits his needs, so be careful when interpreting. :doh:

With that said, it IS intresting is Marv actually said "and one of them isn't the Bills".

Did ANYONE else hear this?

Remember two things here, guys.  First of all "he's been contacted by two teams about coming back to work in the NFL" doesn't mean they were asking him to be HC (see the Dan Reeves thread).  Secondly, my good friend The Senator, is on a campaign and has been known to strech the truth and frame the facts in a way that suits his needs, so be careful when interpreting.  :doh:

With that said, it IS intresting is Marv actually said "and one of them isn't the Bills".

Did ANYONE else hear this?

530888[/snapback]

My quote is verbatim. Someone...anyone...help me out here.

(Bring back Marv.)

My quote is verbatim.  Someone...anyone...help me out here.

(Bring back Marv.)

530897[/snapback]

I heard it this morning as well.

Last night before I heard this I didn't think in a million years he would be back.

Now I think differently.

Marv will be back to "right the ship".

Good.

I think they ought to consider firing both TD and MM right now, appointing Marv general manager and interim head coach, and have Marv stay on as General Manager and conduct the search for head coach after the season ends. No point in prolonging the agony for TD and MM (and US!) and gives Marv time to evaluate and get ready for the draft and free agency.

I think they ought to consider firing both TD and MM right now, appointing Marv general manager and interim head coach, and have Marv stay on as General Manager and conduct the search for head coach after the season ends.  No point in prolonging the agony for TD and MM (and US!) and gives Marv time to evaluate and get ready for the draft and free agency.

530913[/snapback]

Well if that's what you think, then we probably shoulddo the opposite. :doh::w00t:

I heard it this morning as well.

Last night before I heard this I didn't think in a million years he would be back. 

Now I think differently. 

Marv will be back to "right the ship".

Good.

530906[/snapback]

Are you on The Senator's payroll? Well, while you may be an operative, I'll take this as verification. And while I LOVE Marv Levy...I do think he's a little long in the tooth to be an NFL head coach.

With that said, perhaps tennesee is on to something. Hire Marv to help hire the next regime. If that included a stint as GM or HC, so be it. But it should be with an eye to passing the torch.

As for WM's reaction to an erudite quote, Jest...maybe it's time the kid went to class. Pass out dictionaries with the playbook!

I think they ought to consider firing both TD and MM right now, appointing Marv general manager and interim head coach, and have Marv stay on as General Manager and conduct the search for head coach after the season ends.  No point in prolonging the agony for TD and MM (and US!) and gives Marv time to evaluate and get ready for the draft and free agency.

530913[/snapback]

I think this is the way to go.

Let me say this, about that .....

I like Marv, I really REALLY do. As a Bills fan I apprieciated what he did while he was our HC. But what he did then was then, and unfortunatly now is NOT then.

I'm not saying he couldn't be a fine coach, he may be even able to recapture the lightning in a bottle that was the Bills of the 90s ..... BUT .... this team is in dire straights right now, we need a long term solution, we will not be fixed overnight. Marv can not rebuild this team next year, and probably not even the year after. IMHO he is smart enough to know that if he comes back, and we have another horrid year or two he'll be vilified. I would hazard a guess that he'd be much happier being known as the coach that won 4 straight division titles, than the coach that was run out of Buffalo after a few bad years because he couldn't win.

While I don't think Marv will be successful trying to be HC again, I really think he would be great teamed up with Modrak as GM. Modrak in charge of the buisness side and Marv in charge of player/personnel (coach) decisions.

I'm not sure Modrak would stick around if TD left, but I think they could make a good team.