Three coaches have been quit on in the NFL...

Omar Little

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It ain't just a few bad games.  Personally...I blame Doug Flutie.

530561[/snapback]

There may actually be something there. How long do it take the Patriots to recover from Flutie? The Bears?

Unfortunately the Chargers hurt my theory.

There may actually be something there. How long do it take the Patriots to recover from Flutie? The Bears?

Unfortunately the Chargers hurt my theory.

530562[/snapback]

That would be a blessing if it were true, seeing how Flutie is back with the Pat's. May he be their downfall.

SDS...

Not to change the subject...but I think this is the most posts I have seen you make in a LOOOOOONNNG time....

:D

530615[/snapback]

He's also from the Baltimore area, so he knows of what he speaks....

... and of course, loook how much grief he takes once he opens his mouth....

JDG

My personal opinion -- TD is banking on Capers getting fired so that he can bring him in to replace MM. Remember that Capers is the guy TD wanted from the get-go. The question is whether he's been able to sell Ralph on this insanity...

530424[/snapback]

There's one thing I'm fairly sure of...TD will play No PART in the selection of the next HC.

Now Bill Belichik, he is an exception.

Sort of. Come gameday, Bill Belichick wears his emotion on his sleeve. The word "emotion" is singular because Belichick experiences only one kind of emotion during football games: a generally disgruntled/dissatisfied/ugly mood kind of emotion. I mean, the other year I was watching a Super Bowl, when Belichick challenged the ruling on the field. It was the sort of challenge which could have gone either way. The camera zoomed in on Belichick's face at the moment he learned he'd won this important challenge. Not a flicker of happiness or relief interrupted the steady stream of disgruntled energy emanating from that expression. Looking at his face alone, you'd think he'd caught his wife cheating on him, and that he was busy plotting how to kill her and her lover.

Sort of. Come gameday, Bill Belichick wears his emotion on his sleeve. The word "emotion" is singular because Belichick experiences only one kind of emotion during football games: a generally disgruntled/dissatisfied/ugly mood kind of emotion. I mean, the other year I was watching a Super Bowl, when Belichick challenged the ruling on the field. It was the sort of challenge which could have gone either way. The camera zoomed in on Belichick's face at the moment he learned he'd won this important challenge. Not a flicker of happiness or relief interrupted the steady stream of disgruntled energy emanating from that expression. Looking at his face alone, you'd think he'd caught his wife cheating on him, and that he was busy plotting how to kill her and her lover.

530961[/snapback]

I've never seen that on BB. As far as I can tell, BB is devoid of any human emotion. He is an automaton.

Mike Mularkey, Norv Turner, and Jim Haslett.  Even Dom Capers' Texans are still fighting hard every week.  I didn't used to think Haslett's squad gave up on him until I heard Aaron Brooks' less than supportive quotes about him.  Basically, we have one of the three worst coaches in football.  For those saying bring Haslett to Buffalo, that would be a disaster.  We go from Mularkey to a guy equal or worse than Mularkey.

530423[/snapback]

The Saints Players have given up on the NFL...not their Coach...It has been reported to death how upset the Saints Players and Coaching Staff are with the way the NFL and their own Owner treated them after the Hurricane...ie the "Home" Game at the Meadowlands...I think the Saints Players feel, right or wrong, the NFL cast them aside and it has had a major effect on their concentration, focus, and preparation it seems...I really think Hazlett gets a pass for this Year, it was an impossible situation...And there are some who are willing to give Hazlett a pass for almost everything that has happened in NO because it is well known that Organization has been a mess from the Top down for quite some time now...I imagine if you took a poll amongst NFL insiders on who is the worst Owner in the League...Benson would win in a landslide...

Comparing Hazlett to Mularkey...I wont even touch that one...

But for those who continue to bash Hazlett, and I'm not convinced he's the right guy for the Job either to be honest, just remember one thing...Hazlett has let it be known throughout the League time and time again that his "Dream Job" is the Bills HC Position...Now to me, that says something (I don't know exactly what it says...but it says something)...The guy is a Bills Fan...He has stated that outside of his Team he is rooting for the Bills every Sunday...I don't know, maybe it's just me, but that means something...And I think for that reason alone Hazlett would be able to get the Bills to play hard every Sunday at the very least...Again, I could be wrong...

There may very well be better candidates, we'll see...But Hazlett is an NFL HC, he's got the experience, he would LOVE to be in Buffalo, and there are some who feel his record in New Orleans is a minor miracle based on the obstacles he faces on a daily basis in the Organization... :doh:

Mike Mularkey, Norv Turner, and Jim Haslett.  Even Dom Capers' Texans are still fighting hard every week.  I didn't used to think Haslett's squad gave up on him until I heard Aaron Brooks' less than supportive quotes about him.  Basically, we have one of the three worst coaches in football.  For those saying bring Haslett to Buffalo, that would be a disaster.  We go from Mularkey to a guy equal or worse than Mularkey.

530423[/snapback]

I dunno about Turner - I think Al Davis took a dive last week by pulling Collins because he didn't want the Jets to get the #1 pick.

But yeah - Haslett is not a good coach. I'll be nice and give him a mulligan for this year. But they've been perrenial underachievers since his first season, wasting all kinds of talent on the DL with a defense that somehow manages to give up a ton of points every year. If he has had any say in keeping Brooks as long as he has, that's not good either. They've also been a woefully bad home team under his tenure, even excluding this season.