Achilles injuries...

Steve O

Does anyone know of players that have come back successfully from Spikes type of injury? The only player I can think of who had this type of injury is Marino and he was never the same after it. In spite of the heartbreak of of the Patriots, Panthers, and Dolphins losses I'm really quite encouraged about the prospects for next year. The team has played well but always found a way to lose. While Losman is still making mistakes he has vastly improved from the beginning of the year and at least seems to be learning from his mistakes. At least he doesn't look lost anymore. With Houston's third round pick we'll have 4 picks in the top 75 (give or take) and get Takeo back. Just not sure if he will be the same.

Does anyone know of players that have come back successfully from Spikes type of injury?  The only player I can think of who had this type of injury is Marino and he was never the same after it.  In spite of the heartbreak of of the Patriots, Panthers, and Dolphins losses I'm really quite encouraged about the prospects for next year.  The team has played well but always found a way to lose.  While Losman is still making mistakes he has vastly improved from the beginning of the year and at least seems to be learning from his mistakes.  At least he doesn't look lost anymore.  With Houston's third round pick we'll have 4 picks in the top 75 (give or take) and get Takeo back.  Just not sure if he will be the same.

527243[/snapback]

Julian Peterson would probably be the best comparison to make as he also plays OLB. He tore his Achilles last year in SF, and has returned this year to start every game. Achilles injuries are pretty severe, even more severe then torn knee ligaments. Takeo has shown outstanding durability throughout his career so I imagine he is a quick healer, and will probably be ready by next season, but he probably won't be 100% at that point. If he ever does return to 100% it will probably be a little further down the line in 2007 perhaps.

Julian Peterson would probably be the best comparison to make as he also plays OLB. He tore his Achilles last year in SF, and has returned this year to start every game.  Achilles injuries are pretty severe, even more severe then torn knee ligaments. Takeo has shown outstanding durability throughout his career so I imagine he is a quick healer, and will probably be ready by next season, but he probably won't be 100% at that point. If he ever does return to 100% it will probably be a little further down the line in 2007 perhaps.

527253[/snapback]

I second this. When I partially tore my achilles it took me 5 months to be able to run on it, and i wasn't at good performance for a nother 4 months, and another year before before i was 100%.