Modrak must go!!!

bluenews

sat down in the seat next to TD. He was canned in Philly and they didn't miss a beat until the whole T.O. blow up! He bascially and the other Eagle Scout rejects are bascially running the college draft operations. They why we have talentless offensive and defensive line.

I don't believe TD will survive.....but PLEASE don't give the keys to Modrak!!!

Blow it up.....and bring in a new regime!!!

sat down in the seat next to TD.  He was canned in Philly and they didn't miss a beat until the whole T.O. blow up!    He bascially and the other Eagle Scout rejects are bascially running the college draft operations.  They why we have talentless offensive and defensive line.

524447[/snapback]

With the events of the last few days (the Moulds fiasco, fish loss, fan lynch mob mentality setting in) it is obvious that TD can't come back next year. However, I would just assume give he and MM another year to clean up their mess, than promote Modrak, for more of the same. I really hate the idea of having a GM who is handcuffed to a coach he didn't hire. That pretty much never works, and just assured us of another ugly season, both on and off the field. I have to say, unless Modrak has just been cashing RW's checks, while spinning around in circles in his office chair the last few years, he is at least partly responsible for the mess this team is in...I agree, blow it up! Somebody, yesterday, mentioned Bob Ferguson or Ron Wolfe as a possible replacements for the GM spot. Get 'er done TD! :devil:

sat down in the seat next to TD.  He was canned in Philly and they didn't miss a beat until the whole T.O. blow up!    He bascially and the other Eagle Scout rejects are bascially running the college draft operations.  They why we have talentless offensive and defensive line.

524447[/snapback]

I agree with you.TD isn't making his decisions in a vacum.He's making them based on input/advice from Modrak

With the events of the last few days (the Moulds fiasco, fish loss, fan lynch mob mentality setting in) it is obvious that TD can't come back next year.  However, I would just assume give he and MM another year to clean up their mess, than promote Modrak, for more of the same.  I really hate the idea of having a GM who is handcuffed to a coach he didn't hire.  That pretty much never works, and just assured us of another ugly season, both on and off the field.  I have to say, unless Modrak has just been cashing RW's checks, while spinning around in circles in his office chair the last few years, he is at least partly responsible for the mess this team is in...I agree, blow it up!  Somebody, yesterday, mentioned Bob Ferguson or Ron Wolfe as a possible replacements for the GM spot. Get 'er done TD! :)

524531[/snapback]

Yes! Good use of The Battle Cry! Blow It Up!

Thank You...I'm thinking about Starting the BIU Club...Dont want to call it "The Blow Club," or "The Blow It" Club for obvious reasons...And "The Blow It Up Club" still has some vague negative connotations...So I'm thinking The BIU Club works best...Ideas? ;)

Bad news... I estimate that there's about a 40%-60% chance that Modrak is our next GM.

524490[/snapback]

I agree...Modrak was offered the job by TD in the past to lighten the load of responsibilities that TD has but Modrak rejected the job...Modrak has stated in the past that he enjoys pounding the pavement looking for talent for the NFL Draft.

Modrak picked McNabb over Ricky Williams. Dumb pick ? I think he is the next GM and I have little problem with that.

TD considers the input of his scouts but those Draft picks were made by him and only him.

Modrak knows this team needs Lineman on both sides of the ball. There are a few DL and a lot of quality OL in this upcoming draft. I don't care what round they are selected in, just find some talent.

Modrak may need to hire a Coach also.

Modrak picked McNabb over Ricky Williams. Dumb pick ?  I think he is the next GM and I have little problem with that.

TD considers the input of his scouts but those Draft picks were made by him and only him.

Modrak knows this team needs Lineman on both sides of the ball. There are a few DL and a lot of quality OL in this upcoming draft. I don't care what round they are selected in, just find some talent.

Modrak may need to hire a Coach also.

524752[/snapback]

I don't know...with all of the bending over backwards TD went through to get Modrak in Buffalo, I think he had the GM's ear a little more than the average scout.

I guess my biggest concern with making Modrak the next GM is that it seems he is the easy choice for RW. I wouldn't have as much concern, if I knew that Modrak would have the chance to pick his own coach. It doesn't seem that would be the case, from what we know right now. (RW's decision on Moulds, later today, could speak volumes about just how much faith the owner really has in the coach). I can't really think of a situation where this type of arraingement has worked out well. It just seems like a recipe for another miserable season.

On top of all that, I know Modrak has interviewed for numerous GM jobs in the past. The result has always been the he "wasn't really interested", with whispers about his personality and temperment. Maybe that is not a bad thing, but I would just so much prefer, if there is going to be a change, it be a wholesale change.

I would just so much prefer, if there is going to be a change, it be a wholesale change.

524753[/snapback]

Me too but Ralph will probably take the easy way out. He doesn't wish to conduct a search for another unknown.

He didn't even know who TD was , just prior to hiring him. :)

Horseshit.

Modrak KNEW the value of OL in Philly, he built one of the best OLs of the previous half-decade.

524775[/snapback]

and DLs....but what the heck, saying he stunk is much more fun. Looks like Tom really had some first round busts....:)

Tom Modrak 1998-2000 Philadelphia Eagles Drafts

1 11 Tra Thomas T Florida State

3 72 Jeremiah Trotter MLB Stephen F. Austin

3 85 Allen Rossum CB Notre Dame

1 2 Donovan McNabb QB Syracuse

2 35 Barry Gardner MLB Northwestern

3 64 Doug Brzezinski G Boston College

4 97 John Welbourn T California

1 6 Corey Simon DT Florida State

2 36 Todd Pinkston WR Southern Mississippi

2 61 Bobbie Williams G Arkansas

I don't know...with all of the bending over backwards TD went through to get Modrak in Buffalo, I think he had the GM's ear a little more than the average scout. 

I guess my biggest concern with making Modrak the next GM is that it seems he is the easy choice for RW.  I wouldn't have as much concern, if I knew that Modrak would have the chance to pick his own coach.  It doesn't seem that would be the case, from what we know right now.  (RW's decision on Moulds, later today, could speak volumes about just how much faith the owner really has in the coach).  I can't really think of a situation where this type of arraingement has worked out well.  It just seems like a recipe for another miserable season. 

On top of all that, I know Modrak has interviewed for numerous GM jobs in the past.  The result has always been the he "wasn't really interested", with whispers about his personality and temperment.  Maybe that is not a bad thing, but I would just so much prefer, if there is going to be a change, it be a wholesale change.

524753[/snapback]

So Modrak is glued to TD's hip, and he's been here for what - four years, and you don't think he had any input into the selection of Mularkey? How do you know he wasn't instrumental in MM's selection? He could be "his" guy.

So Modrak is glued to TD's hip, and he's been here for what - four years, and you don't think he had any input into the selection of Mularkey? How do you know he wasn't instrumental in MM's selection? He could be "his" guy.

524819[/snapback]

So what if he is?

Show me a pro-sports guy who hasnt made an error. I dare you.

524819[/snapback]

You may be right, but I am under the impression that Modrak's role with the Bills has been one of obtaining player talent (you know the talent that everyone complains about non-stop here?), and not coaches. TD is the one who has the unhealthy Steelers obsession....besides, if Mularkey is Modrak's coach of choice too, then we really are doomed for another year, probably longer! :)

So becuase his former team DIDNT fall apart after he left, that makes him a bad candidate?

:)

524757[/snapback]

To me what makes Modrak a poor candidate is simply guilt by association if you will...Modrak is Donahoe's right hand man...Why in the world would you cut off the Head only to allow the Right Hand to run the show when you are not happy with results of the Heads efforts? For whatever reason, this Organization and Coaching Staff has not got the Job done...If changes are to come, and I believe they will, I thinks it's important to get an entirely new and fresh veiwpoint from the Top because that may very well compliment the good things that the current Regime has accomplished... ;)

To me what makes Modrak a poor candidate is simply guilt by association if you will...Modrak is Donahoe's right hand man...Why in the world would you cut off the Head only to allow the Right Hand to run the show when you are not happy with results of the Heads efforts? For whatever reason, this Organization and Coaching Staff has not got the Job done...If changes are to come, and I believe they will, I thinks it's important to get an entirely new and fresh veiwpoint from the Top because that may very well compliment the good things that the current Regime has accomplished... :)

524991[/snapback]

Perhaps. Im just looking for some modicum of continuity....and NOT looking forward to another complete tear-down and rebuild of this organization.

Its been almost ten years since the Bills have contended. ;)