A defense of Moulds

Moulds knows he won't be back next year, definitely not at his current salary, probably not unless he goes to the league minimum, which he doesn't deserve at this point and after all his years of sevice. He was told that the years at the end of his deal were payment for a decade of a small market and a merry-go-round at QB.

Pissed enough that he's going to be cut - and I think this is probably acknowledged in the locker room and front office - he wants a chance to play for a new contract with another team, which will be hard if people think his skills are declining based on numbers. So, with the team out of the race, he wants more balls his way, thinking the team owes him at least that much, for the chance to start somewhere else.

Not saying I agree, but I can see his point. Discuss...

Moulds knows he won't be back next year, definitely not at his current salary, probably not unless he goes to the league minimum, which he doesn't deserve at this point and after all his years of sevice.  He was told that the years at the end of his deal were payment for a decade of a small market and a merry-go-round at QB.

Pissed enough that he's going to be cut - and I think this is probably acknowledged in the locker room and front office - he wants a chance to play for a new contract with another team, which will be hard if people think his skills are declining based on numbers.  So, with the team out of the race, he wants more balls his way, thinking the team owes him at least that much, for the chance to start somewhere else.

Not saying I agree, but I can see his point.  Discuss...

523632[/snapback]

All of the first part may be true. Any conclusion that it's a legitimate point is not. It's a slap in the face to every player and fan of the Bills that Eric Moulds thinks he should get more balls thrown to him so he gets a better contract and chance on another team. No team ever owes any player that. I know you don't think this way from your post, but it doesnt even make sense that this is his conclusion, unless he's become a selfish prick. What would he have thought if Andre Reed did that when Moulds was a rookie. Wanted the ball more so he could have a better contract with another team.

All of the first part may be true. Any conclusion that it's a legitimate point is not. It's a slap in the face to every player and fan of the Bills that Eric Moulds thinks he should get more balls thrown to him so he gets a better contract and chance on another team. No team ever owes any player that. I know you don't think this way from your post, but it doesnt even make sense that this is his conclusion, unless he's become a selfish prick. What would he have thought if Andre Reed did that when Moulds was a rookie. Wanted the ball more so he could have a better contract with another team.

523941[/snapback]

didn't andre do that? (or something approaching that?)