Moulds Appreciation Thread

ofiba

This guy took stayed in Buffalo when he could have hit the open market for more money. He is a team player and a Buffalo Bill through thick and thin. I wish we had 53 Eric Moulds on this team and 0 Mike Mularkeys. If Eric is upset, something must be wrong. If you can put up with Rob Johnson and keep quiet, you can put up with just about anything.

Here's to the most loyal Bill we've had in the past 10 years. Fight the power Eric!

Edit: If this isn't proof, I don't know what is.

AFTERWARD Moulds noted, “I don’t know if the other guys quit on the play, but I was always taught when I came here with Marv Levy that you don’t stop fighting.

“Guys like Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Bruce Smith always showed me that you don’t stop no matter what the score is because that uniform you’ve got on is bigger than your name.”

He added, “I don’t know if guys realize that. Maybe I did a poor job of letting them know that. I think I have to bring up the fact that there were great players here that played before (them) and (they)’ve got to respect those uniforms.”

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, do I like the guy and feel badly for him? Yes. But he's been sensing his own football mortality, and as a result, he has gotten impatient this year. I don't want him to be suspended, and I would like him to suck it up and give it his best the rest of the year. I don't want this to be the way he ends his Bills career.

Thank you eric moulds for being our 1st rd pick in 1996 #24 overall out of mississippi state

Thank you Eric Moulds for being a career dolphin killer

vs Miami 69 1145 57.3 16.6 80 6.5 42 11

Thank you Eric Moulds for patiently waiting your turn to finally start here, and producing when given that 1st real shot

1998 buf | 16 | 67 1368 20.4 9

Thank you Eric Moulds for being a mentor to last years #1 pick Lee Evans and taking him under your wing, as you have also done for the other wr's on our roster including..... josh reed, sam aiken, roscoe parrish

Thank you Eric Moulds for 10 years of football memories as a member of the BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!.....

LONG LIVE #80!!!!!!

This guy took stayed in Buffalo when he could have hit the open market for more money.  He is a team player and a Buffalo Bill through thick and thin.  I wish we had 53 Eric Moulds on this team and 0 Mike Mularkeys.  If Eric is upset, something must be wrong.  If you can put up with Rob Johnson and keep quite, you can put up with just about anything. 

Here's to the most loyal Bill we've had in the past 10 years.  Fight the power Eric!

523586[/snapback]

Trade Moulds now.

This guy took stayed in Buffalo when he could have hit the open market for more money.  He is a team player and a Buffalo Bill through thick and thin.  I wish we had 53 Eric Moulds on this team and 0 Mike Mularkeys.  If Eric is upset, something must be wrong.  If you can put up with Rob Johnson and keep quiet, you can put up with just about anything. 

Here's to the most loyal Bill we've had in the past 10 years.  Fight the power Eric!

523586[/snapback]

I really like EM and want him to stay, albeit at a reduced cost. However, everybody on here keeps talking about how he took less money to stay in Buffalo. That is pure BS.Here is the list of the top WR deals over the last four years. See any bonuses HIGHER than EM, okay one. But his deal was done FOUR years ago. Look at either the first three years or total comp and EM is still one of the top five paid WRs, and his deal is four years old.

Like I said , God Bless EM and I wish him well if he is here or somewhere else, but stop with the suggestions he was loyal and stayed here with a hometown discount. My gut tells me if he hit the open market, we would have gotten him for less.

Derrick Mason — Five years, $20 million, $7 million SB (signed in February 2005)

Chad Johnson — Five years, $25 million, $10.5 million-$12 million SB (Nov. 13, 2003)

Joe Horn — Six years, $42 million, $8 million in bonuses (May 2005)

Torry Holt — Seven years, $42 million, $12.5 million SB (July 18, 2003)

Muhsin Muhammad — Six years, $30 million, $10 million SB (February 2005)

Laveranues Coles — Five years, $35 million, $13 million SB (March 2003)

Javon Walker — Six years, $9.5 million, $3 million SB (July 23, 2002)

Isaac Bruce — Seven years, $42 million, $7 million SB (2000)

Eric Moulds — Six years, $40 million, $12.5 million SB (January 2001)

Darrell Jackson — Six years, $25 million, $8 million SB (March 8, 2004)

Marvin Harrison — Seven years, $67 million, $13 million bonuses (November 2004)

Terrell Owens — Seven years, $48 million, $8.5 million SB (March 2004)

Eric Moulds has been a great Buffalo Bill.

I have more loyalty to him than MM and the others.

This is going to backfire on MM with the fans, current player, and future FAs (IF MM is here past this season).

I really like EM and want him to stay, albeit at a reduced cost. However, everybody on here keeps talking about how he took less money to stay in Buffalo. That is pure BS.Here is the list of the top WR deals over the last four years. See any bonuses HIGHER than EM, okay one. But his deal was done FOUR years ago. Look at either the first three years or total comp and EM is still one of the top five paid WRs, and his deal is four years old. 

Like I said , God Bless EM and I wish him well if he is here or somewhere else, but stop with the suggestions he was loyal and stayed here with a hometown discount. My gut tells me if he hit the open market, we would have gotten him for less.

Derrick Mason — Five years, $20 million, $7 million SB (signed in February 2005)

Chad Johnson — Five years, $25 million, $10.5 million-$12 million SB (Nov. 13, 2003)

Joe Horn — Six years, $42 million, $8 million in bonuses (May 2005)

Torry Holt — Seven years, $42 million, $12.5 million SB (July 18, 2003)

Muhsin Muhammad — Six years, $30 million, $10 million SB (February 2005)

Laveranues Coles — Five years, $35 million, $13 million SB (March 2003)

Javon Walker — Six years, $9.5 million, $3 million SB (July 23, 2002)

Isaac Bruce — Seven years, $42 million, $7 million SB (2000)

Eric Moulds — Six years, $40 million, $12.5 million SB (January 2001)

Darrell Jackson — Six years, $25 million, $8 million SB (March 8, 2004)

Marvin Harrison — Seven years, $67 million, $13 million bonuses (November 2004)

Terrell Owens — Seven years, $48 million, $8.5 million SB (March 2004)

523656[/snapback]

Great post! Moulds stayed here because he received a kings ransom, not because his loyalty to the Bills blinded him.

Has he got the short end of the stick in terms of QB's, numerous coaching staff changes, bad teams,etc.. throughout his career? YES, but so have a lot of other players. That's the hand he was dealt. If he is now bitter as he nears the end of his career and wants to be a disruptive force in the locker room, get rid of him ASAP!

Eric Moulds has been a great Buffalo Bill.

I have more loyalty to him than MM and the others. 

This is going to backfire on MM with the fans, current player, and future FAs (IF MM is here past this season).

523661[/snapback]

Yep. LONG LIVE ERIC MOULDS!!!! B-) Screw Mike Mularkey.

I was actually about to start one of these.

Please remember that Moulds had an offer from the Titans in 2000, a 6 year $60 million dollar deal, and he elected to stay in Buffalo. If someone asked me to move to Tennessee for $20 mil, I would faster than you can blink an eye.

False.

Philadelphia was willing to offer significantly more. McNabb and Hugh Douglas took lobbied hard for him to join their squad in Hawaii... but Moulds never got to that point and took a fair market deal to stay in Buffalo.

He could have easilly left for more.. perhaps not a TON more, but it was a significant amount of up-front money that Philadephia was willing to offer him. That said, he has been very well compensated as a Buffalo Bill.

Great post!  Moulds stayed here because he received a kings ransom, not because his loyalty to the Bills blinded him.

523698[/snapback]

False.

Philadelphia was willing to offer significantly more.  McNabb and Hugh Douglas took lobbied hard for him to join their squad in Hawaii... but Moulds never got to that point and took a fair market deal to stay in Buffalo.

He could have easilly left for more.. perhaps not a TON more, but it was a significant amount of up-front money that Philadephia was willing to offer him.  That said, he has been very well compensated as a Buffalo Bill.

523753[/snapback]

Not to get in a pissing match, but floating rumors that a team might want to talk to a guy when he becomes a FA is not the same as offering large jack. I mean crimminy, Hines Ward just signed for 5 years, $25M,$(5M per) with a $9M signing bonus. Again, this was FOUR years after Eric signed for 6 years $40M(almost $7M per) with a $12M bonus.

You know, in a way we should have seen this as the first indication that TD favored the skill positions over the line positions. I know Wiley has faded , but back then he was highly sought DE, and TD decided the WR was more important than the DE.

Thank you eric moulds  for being our 1st rd pick in 1996 #24 overall out of mississippi state

Thank you Eric Moulds for being a career dolphin killer

vs Miami    69 1145 57.3 16.6 80 6.5 42 11

Thank you Eric Moulds for patiently waiting your turn to finally start here, and producing when given that 1st real shot

1998 buf |  16 |  67  1368  20.4    9

Thank you Eric Moulds for being a mentor to last years #1 pick Lee Evans and taking him under your wing, as you have also done for the other wr's on our roster including..... josh reed, sam aiken, roscoe parrish

Thank you Eric Moulds for 10 years of football memories as a member of the BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!!.....

LONG LIVE #80!!!!!!

523605[/snapback]

Ditto.....he was the 80 for Thailog

You know, in a way we should have seen this as the first indication that TD favored the skill positions over the line positions. I know Wiley has faded , but back then he was highly sought DE, and TD decided the WR was more important than the DE.

523821[/snapback]

I could be wrong, but I think that was a Butler move, and a good one at that.

I could be wrong, but I think that was a Butler move, and a good one at that.

523886[/snapback]

TD decision all the way. Wiley and Moaulds were both set to become UFA's , and TD locked up Moulds and let Wiley walk, and Butler `promptly signed him in San Diego, along with Sam rodgers, Holocek, and Flutie