Bledsoe

stevestojan

What to do?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Come on! It's just 0-2. Its early and it wasnt all his fault.
    • With a good offensive line, he has pro-bowl potential.
    • We have little esle to go to
    • I'm starting to think some of this might be his fault.
    • Let's cut out losses and bench his ass.
    • I'm so disgusted with him I want to steal his porsche.
    • He blows
    • I'd rather have Billy Joe Hobert. At least he was entertaining.

Damn, it scares me that there is still a Bills fan out there that thinks Bledsoe doesn't shoulder much of the blame...Bledsoe lovers aren't the fanatics that Flutie Flakes were, but damn, it's still kinda scary.

Damn, it scares me that there is still a Bills fan out there that thinks Bledsoe doesn't shoulder much of the blame...Bledsoe lovers aren't the fanatics that Flutie Flakes were, but damn, it's still kinda scary.

37458[/snapback]

I think there are those of us out here who are not Bledsoe lovers (it would have been great if they canned him in the off-season and looked elsewhere for a couple of cheaper potential starter QBs) who do not see his play as the primary cause of out losses.

The key here to me would be to minimize the demand for Bledsoe to win the game for you (cause he can't) and instead to focus on improving the OL play and eliminating supid undisciplined ST play. I'm not arguing at all that Bledsoe is gonna win it for this team (though we all wish the QB position would), I only argue that he plays at his worse when you rely on him for the big play and he is not the QB we need to dig ourselves out of holes created by the ST.

If you know some QB we can pick up who can do that, I'm all ears, but i see little alternatives for improvement that look beyond minimizing the impacts of Bledsoe's many faults.

No other option other to continue to work with offensive line, work with Evans, get Willis more touches and experience , perhaps later in the year JP might be available to get some experience this year. Got use this year to learn and build as bleak as it is tonight most of the parts are in place for much better just not this year.....

I guarantee it's the O-Line and not Bledsoe. Go and watch the tape of the game. How much time does he have to throw? 3 seconds tops on most plays. Less when the blitz was on and the Oakland players ran totally untouched to Bledsoe on numerous occasions. When he did have time, he made the throws. Did Buffalo run the ball well today? No. Why? Because the O-Line got it's ass kicked. It tstarts and ends with the O-Line.

I guarantee it's the O-Line and not Bledsoe. Go and watch the tape of the game. How much time does he have to throw? 3 seconds tops on most plays. Less when the blitz was on and the Oakland players ran totally untouched to Bledsoe on numerous occasions. When he did have time, he made the throws. Did Buffalo run the ball well today? No. Why? Because the O-Line got it's ass kicked. It tstarts and ends with the O-Line.

37551[/snapback]

Made the throws? You mean those high passes with no touch and too much power or those passes than bounced at the WRs feet? If the NFL legalizes the skip pass Bledsoe will be the league MVP...

If a team sells out on a Blitz NO O-LINE IN THE LEAGUE CAN GIVE HIM MORE THAN 3 SECONDS...there is the rare complete blitz pickup, usually it's up to the QB to make the quick read and GET RID OF THE BALL. 3 of the sacks today were Bledsoe's fault.

These Bledsoe excuses have got to stop.

37551[/snapback]

i did watch the game. i watched how much time he had. when there was no blitz he had plenty, no less time than any other qb has.

on the blitz bledsoe just needed to audible to a slant and hit moulds real quick. it was so obvious when the raiders were blitzing. bledsoe knows better, but he's just not thinking clearly these days.

37551[/snapback]

If you went back to watch the tape of the game I bet you would come back here and at least edit out the "he made the throws" part of your post.

Fact is, there were numerous occasions where Drew got a good look downfield and ended up trying to dump the ball off to an RB or FB. He missed several of those passes (as well as others further down field)...under pressure and with plenty of space. So, either the WRs are not getting open, or Drew has completely lost confidence and ability to get the ball downfield vertically.

I think that the fact that Drew got MORE time than in past seasons to make the throws (that he didn't ultimately execute) is the reason why there are so many of us finally giving up on the guy.

If we didn't have Bledsoe we'd have 0 TD this season. How many times over the past two games did henry have to punch it in. This team's failure in the Red Zone has more to do with the O-line screwing up and the running game then anything else.

But its obviously because Drew can't inspire them.

If we didn't have Bledsoe we'd have 0 TD this season.  How many times over the past two games did henry have to punch it in.  This team's failure in the Red Zone has more to do with the O-line screwing up and the running game then anything else. 

But its obviously because Drew can't inspire them.

37565[/snapback]

The running game at the goal line HAS been pathetic. The only plays that I remember were three runs straight up the gut. Two on the weak side and one on the strong side (today's fiasco).

A little creativity here please coaches!!! And I don't mean gadget plays.