Al'Qaeda #3 killed by American Drone

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtm...2/04/wpak04.xml

hope he rots in hell with 72 virgins that look like Rosie O'Donnell

518638[/snapback]

Now - who's going to complain that he didn't have his fair day in court ?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051204/ap_on_...zkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Why didn't those Marines drop a gernade in Saddam's hidey-hole ?

There is a point in the world situation where bad people just have to go away - forever

Now - who's going to complain that he didn't have his fair day in court ?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051204/ap_on_...zkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Why didn't those Marines drop a gernade in Saddam's hidey-hole  ?

There is a point in the world situation where bad people just have to go away - forever

518680[/snapback]

Didn't they almost drop one in there?... Then all of a sudden SH's pretty little head peaked out--- At least that is what they say.

It seems like every guy we catch or capture is the #2 or #3 guy in Al Qaeda. We always do very good, but not good enough....in the eyes of the public.

I really feel that if we captured Bin Laden, it would be a huge morale boost for our troops, and our people at home. I wish it would happen. And swifty bust out the tazer.

I wonder how the Pakistani public will feel when they find out the U.S. military is operating within their borders.  Long term it could do more harm then good.

518795[/snapback]

Depends on how things get spun. The area in question is well know to be driven more by clan alliances, than any government affiliations. Most everyone in Pakistan is aware of that, too.

I wonder how the Pakistani public will feel when they find out the U.S. military is operating within their borders.  Long term it could do more harm then good.

518795[/snapback]

"Within their borders" in this case is a Western interpretation not entirely applicable to the region in question. From the sound of it, this was in Pakistan's Northwest Free Province...a region that, at best is only loosely governed by Pakistan. I'm pretty sure the people there don't much consider themselves "Pakistani" (clan/tribal loyalties, as BiB said), and I wouldn't be surprised if your average Pakistani didn't consider them Pakistani either.

Plus...most of the reports I've seen (save the one from the Telegraph) emphasized Musharraf's statements and deemphasized the US role (e.g. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051203/ap_on_...qaida_killed_5). It seems a reasonable assumption that that's for the reason you suggest.

518795[/snapback]

The Pakistani military worries about India (which has a defined) border much more than they care about which local warlord owns that fuc*ing mountian/valley at the end of the world.

Seeing as Pakistan doesn't get all (or any) news from CNN/BBC etc. - the locals in said lost acres of probably don't care as long as there is no shrapnel falling on them and killing their livestock.

Western standards don't apply in other lands

Pakistan & India (as a sub-continent) are rapidly growing economically but the ingrained culture doesn't always keep up.

And - One more bad guy is dead - what's the down side ?

Arrest & Trial ?

It seems like every guy we catch or capture is the #2 or #3 guy in Al Qaeda.  We always do very good, but not good enough....in the eyes of the public.

I really feel that if we captured Bin Laden, it would be a huge morale boost for our troops, and our people at home.  I wish it would happen.  And swifty bust out the tazer.

518774[/snapback]

No one knows if he's dead or not (except him).

Keep picking them off !

It seems like every guy we catch or capture is the #2 or #3 guy in Al Qaeda.  We always do very good, but not good enough....in the eyes of the public.

I really feel that if we captured Bin Laden, it would be a huge morale boost for our troops, and our people at home.  I wish it would happen.  And swifty bust out the tazer.

518774[/snapback]

Maybe we could taser his balls like the police did to this guy

After reading the story, this is where I say: "Serves him right."

He wanted to be touched? They touched him all right... With a lot of volts packing on his nads!

Actually, I would have gave the taser to the women he propositioned... That would have been really fun to see!

Depends on how things get spun. The area in question is well know to be driven more by clan alliances, than any government affiliations. Most everyone in Pakistan is aware of that, too.

518799[/snapback]

What I find most encouraging here is not that we got the #2 or #3 guy or whoever, it is that we must have received some good intel about an area where he have had no success in the past. That means that we might have cracked the protection these people are getting in that particular area from the local populace. I hope that is what it means anyway.

What I find most encouraging here is not that we got the #2 or #3 guy or whoever, it is that we must have received some good intel about an area where he have had no success in the past.  That means that we might have cracked the protection these people are getting in that particular area from the local populace.  I hope that is what it means anyway.

521094[/snapback]

It was apparently an intercepted cell phone call where someone referred to him by a known alias that pinpointed him at a given location. Read that in some article or another...and it's consistent with most of the other successes (i.e. cell phone intercepts).

It was apparently an intercepted cell phone call where someone referred to him by a known alias that pinpointed him at a given location.  Read that in some article or another...and it's consistent with most of the other successes (i.e. cell phone intercepts).

521131[/snapback]

Gotta love technology. Chalk one up for the geeks.

Gotta love technology.  Chalk one up for the geeks.

521392[/snapback]

Gotta love people inexperienced in security.

That's another plus in killing off these guys...the gomers that move up haven't learned the same lessons yet. Someone with 8 years in a mid-level position in al Qaeda, smart as he may be, is not going to perform as well as as the dead guy he's replacing that had been fighting since the Soviet invasion. It greatly increases the odds of their making a mistake and providing good info...witness al Zarqawi's boneheaded announcement of "...four suicide bombers..." in Jordan before the Jordanians let slip there were only three, which led to the capture of the fourth and broke all sorts of info I'm sure. Zarqawi's a smart guy otherwise, by all appearances...but experience tells.

Gotta love people inexperienced in security. 

That's another plus in killing off these guys...the gomers that move up haven't learned the same lessons yet.  Someone with 8 years in a mid-level position in al Qaeda, smart as he may be, is not going to perform as well as as the dead guy he's replacing that had been fighting since the Soviet invasion.  It greatly increases the odds of their making a mistake and providing good info...witness al Zarqawi's boneheaded announcement of "...four suicide bombers..." in Jordan before the Jordanians let slip there were only three, which led to the capture of the fourth and broke all sorts of info I'm sure.  Zarqawi's a smart guy otherwise, by all appearances...but experience tells.

521417[/snapback]

Sudoku champs they aren't.