12 more hours until T S O

LewPort71

12 more hours until me and Mrs. Lew see TSO in Charleston. We went last year and it was great. This year they will play in the Civic Center which seats @ 12,000.

Last years show was at the Memorial Auditorium which seats 4,000...It was kinda cramped....

I can highly recommend TSO... Great concert..

www.trans-siberian.com

You work on Boxing Day????!!!!?????

517024[/snapback]

Haha, "boxing day". The canucks do that one too, although in recent years they have opened the malls and its become one of their biggest shopping days of the year.

In the US we don't have that holiday, although this year since Christmas is on a sunday, we will have "boxing day" off.

Haha, "boxing day".  The canucks do that one too, although in recent years they have opened the malls and its become one of their biggest shopping days of the year.

In the US we don't have that holiday, although this year since Christmas is on a sunday, we will have "boxing day" off.

517041[/snapback]

We get 2 extra holidays cos Xmas is at the weekend... But Boxing Day here is now a massive shopiing day too.

Partly why I don't do anything on boxing day but watch movies and eat :D

And this year I will spend Boxing Day sleeping off the late night football from Xmas day! :D

12 more hours until me and Mrs. Lew see TSO in Charleston.  We went last year and it was great.  This year they will play in the Civic Center which seats @ 12,000.

Last years show was at the Memorial Auditorium which seats 4,000...It was kinda cramped....

www.trans-siberian.com

517015[/snapback]

They must be better live. I listened to the CD a few times and really wanted to like it, but it just did not do anything for me.

Those I have spoken to who have seen and heard their show absotively LOVE THEM, so it must be me. :D

They must be better live. I listened to the CD a few times and really wanted to like it, but it just did not do anything for me.

Those I have spoken to who have seen and heard their show absotively LOVE THEM, so it must be me.  ;)

517054[/snapback]

Yes, it must be :lol:

Which CD did you listen to? Their first one (Xmas Eve and Other Stories) is their best (IMHO). Beethovan's Last Night is very good too (has nothing to do with Xmas, but they've played songs from it the last two years I've been there - complete with pyrotechnics). There's some good songs from the other albums, but not quite as good as their original.

You should check 'em out! Nobody I know who's been to their show has regretted it. In fact, a couple of years ago we brought my wife's parents (in their 50s) and her grandmother (in her 80s) and they all loved it as well. (I was a bit concerned with her grandmother, since the concert was a lot heavier than I thought it was going to be. After the show, we met up at home and her grandma said, "That was the best show I've seen in a LONG time! The only thing I didn't like were some of the slower songs, they were too quiet. But the loud ones were AWESOME!" :D Go Grandma!!! :D

CW

I saw them Wednesday before Thanksgiving in Richmond. Really good show. This was the second year we took our kids (7, 9 , 12) and they all loved the show.

East Coast has the main singers from the album this year. The guy who sings "She's coming home for xmas" was really really great live.

Only suggestion would be to change some of the songs they play in the second half of the show. It was the exact same song list and stage show for the third year now. Overall great show. Hope you enjoy.

12 more hours until me and Mrs. Lew see TSO in Charleston.  We went last year and it was great.  This year they will play in the Civic Center which seats @ 12,000.

www.trans-siberian.com

517015[/snapback]

Like Eric and Fezmid say, the age range at a TSO concert goes from 8--80..All ages like the show....

Of the 4 CDs...I like Beethoven's Last Night the best...but thats just me...

10 more hours ...tick...tock...

Like Eric and Fezmid say, the age range at a TSO concert goes from 8--80..All ages like the show....

Of the 4 CDs...I like Beethoven's Last Night  the best...but thats just me...

10 more hours  ...tick...tock...

517069[/snapback]

I really like Beethoven's as well; the main character in the story is like me, looking for loopholes all the time. :D

CW

I listened to the Lost Christmas Eve. It was not bad, and as I said, I am sure it is great live. I like all types of music except opera, Beethoven to Black Sabbath, so I am not sure why TSO does not hit with me. I was really hoping to find new music, so I listened with great anticipation. :D

Yes, it must be ;)

Which CD did you listen to?  Their first one (Xmas Eve and Other Stories) is their best (IMHO).  Beethovan's Last Night is very good too (has nothing to do with Xmas, but they've played songs from it the last two years I've been there - complete with pyrotechnics).  There's some good songs from the other albums, but not quite as good as their original.

You should check 'em out!  Nobody I know who's been to their show has regretted it.  In fact, a couple of years ago we brought my wife's parents (in their 50s) and her grandmother (in her 80s) and they all loved it as well.  (I was a bit concerned with her grandmother, since the concert was a lot heavier than I thought it was going to be.  After the show, we met up at home and her grandma said, "That was the best show I've seen in a LONG time!  The only thing I didn't like were some of the slower songs, they were too quiet.  But the loud ones were AWESOME!"  :D Go Grandma!!! :lol:

CW

517060[/snapback]

Good to know I am average. :D

Of the 4 CDs...I like Beethoven's Last Night  the best...but thats just me...

10 more hours  ...tick...tock...

517069[/snapback]

YAWN, used to be a time that Bands made up of as little as 3 members used to be able to pump out that kind of sound(ELP, Rush,and not to mention YES, Jethro Tull etc...), now it takes 2 complete orchestral ensembles to make this music happen! I know, I know, they are a seasonal favorite and they need to reach as many people as they can in a very short period of time....just being a bastard! :D from everything I have heard they kicked ass in richmond

www.trans-siberian.com

517015[/snapback]

YAWN, used to be a time that Bands made up of as little as 3 members used to be able to pump out that kind of sound(ELP, Rush,and not to mention YES, Jethro Tull etc...), now it takes 2 complete orchestral ensembles to make this music happen!  I know, I know, they are a seasonal favorite and they need to reach as many people as they can in a very short period of time....just being a bastard!  :D from everything I have heard they kicked ass in richmond

517168[/snapback]

I saw Yes live last year and didn't see them jam on an electric violin like Anna Phoebe did :D

CW

I listened to the Lost Christmas Eve. It was not bad, and as I said, I am sure it is great live. I like all types of music except opera, Beethoven to Black Sabbath,  so I am not sure why TSO  does not hit with me.  I was really hoping to find new music, so I listened with great anticipation.  :D

517157[/snapback]

You should really check out Xmas Eve and Other Stories. I wasn't a huge fan of Lost Christmas Eve either, to be honest. It's ok, but not great IMHO, whereas the one I listed is one of their best (along with Beethoven's Last Night which I like almost as much).

CW

The TSO Concert last night was great....

Superb musicianship

A light / laser show that is un real...

Entertaining as all get out.........

They performed for 2 hours 40 minutes and a portion

of the tickets sales is donated to a local charity.....

re: the light show...TSO must use a gigawatt of electricity...More jobs for the WV coal miners...LOL....

So, if you were thinking about going to see them, get going and call ticketmaster....

A new CD will be released in 2006,,,But it will NOT have a Christmas theme