Stuart Scott Spoken Word on Sportscenter

taterhill

are you f'n kidding me...please stop the nonsense...report the sports scores...save your spoken word for the coffee shop in Bristol...

514386[/snapback]

Saw it. Didn't really bother me, although I agree it is stupid. BUT, I'll take it over Kenny Mayne or Neil Everett any day.

I don't watch ESPN anymore, but they're really just trying to reinvent themselves to avoid dying. Think about it, back in the day (10+ years ago), you'd watch Sports Center to see highlights, catch scores, etc. Well now you can go online to get all of that information. You can watch football highlights on your TiVo (assuming you have Sunday Ticket). If you don't have ST, you can still get highlights online, on-demand. What purpose does Sports Center really have anymore?

ESPN broadcasts sporting events, great, but other than that, are they really useful anymore? I'd say not. Thus they're trying to find another format that people will watch (Cold Pizza, that football miniseries, movies, etc).

CW

I don't watch ESPN anymore, but they're really just trying to reinvent themselves to avoid dying.  Think about it, back in the day (10+ years ago), you'd watch Sports Center to see highlights, catch scores, etc.  Well now you can go online to get all of that information.  You can watch football highlights on your TiVo (assuming you have Sunday Ticket).  If you don't have ST, you can still get highlights online, on-demand.  What purpose does Sports Center really have anymore?

ESPN broadcasts sporting events, great, but other than that, are they really useful anymore?  I'd say not.  Thus they're trying to find another format that people will watch (Cold Pizza, that football miniseries, movies, etc).

CW

514401[/snapback]

Never thought about it like that... great point

I don't watch ESPN anymore, but they're really just trying to reinvent themselves to avoid dying.  Think about it, back in the day (10+ years ago), you'd watch Sports Center to see highlights, catch scores, etc.  Well now you can go online to get all of that information.  You can watch football highlights on your TiVo (assuming you have Sunday Ticket).  If you don't have ST, you can still get highlights online, on-demand.  What purpose does Sports Center really have anymore?

ESPN broadcasts sporting events, great, but other than that, are they really useful anymore?  I'd say not.  Thus they're trying to find another format that people will watch (Cold Pizza, that football miniseries, movies, etc).

CW

514401[/snapback]

I almost never watch ESPN between February and July, and rarely miss it. I saw Scotts' thing last night, and it reminded me of one of William Shatners' recordings from the late 60's and early 70's, sort of ESPN''s version of "jumping the shark", a stunt they have done over and over in the last 5 years or so...

Anyways, I like the fact that they re-invented themselves as ESPN News! Their "Blitz" program on Sundays is far better than the counter football programing on ESPN. It is far more useful than the bloated Sportcenter...the only time ESPN will give a bad/mediocre team like our beloved Bills any coverage, is if they are going to be on ESPN that week. Even bad teams have stories, ESPN lost sight of this. Now, they only cover the front running teams with any depth.

ESPN=RJ

ESPN News=AVP ;)

I thought it was awful.  I actually thought it was a joke at first, unfortunately, it was not...

514426[/snapback]

What was really bad, was that they tricked you into thinking it was over, but then it went on and on...something tells me that some ESPN exec thinks that years from now people will look back at this stuff as being "cutting edge" journalism...

In a shortened Readers Digest version, what did this idiot do? I did NOT see this work-of-art piece, so please enlighten the faithful here! Thank you!!!

514487[/snapback]

He did a report in the "def poetry jam" style. Lame, to be sure. Still better than any "Mayne Event".