Seattle Got HOSED

Alaska Darin

Automatically reviewed play inside 2 minutes. Manning throws the ball to Shockey in the endzone and the Seattle defender CLEARLY dislodges the ball from Shockey before his second foot comes down - Seahawks recover and quite likely would have taken the ball the distance except the officials blew the whistle.

The replay booth couldn't see the conclusive evidence and left the play as called. Amazing.

It did appear that Shockey failed to get his second foot down, but if that was the case, the pass would have been incomplete (as opposed to a fumble).

If he had possession in the endzone, even for a split second, it is a TD.

It was a four point swing (TD versus a likely FG).

Mike

Automatically reviewed play inside 2 minutes.  Manning throws the ball to Shockey in the endzone and the Seattle defender CLEARLY dislodges the ball from Shockey before his second foot comes down - Seahawks recover and quite likely would have taken the ball the distance except the officials blew the whistle.

The replay booth couldn't see the conclusive evidence and left the play as called.  Amazing.

513721[/snapback]

Also of note: Jeff Feagles broke the record for most consecutive games played, nice to see them acknowledge a punter. :(

I'm sorry, but that's a joke. Jim Marshall never misses a game at DE -- for the Vikings -- when they played outside -- in the old Black and Blue division -- but now the "Iron Man" record is held by Jeff Feagles? :lol:

I'm sorry, but that's a joke.  Jim Marshall never misses a game at DE -- for the Vikings -- when they played outside -- in the old Black and Blue division -- but now the "Iron Man" record is held by Jeff Feagles?    :(

513740[/snapback]

I miss playoff games at the Met. Damn, that was some weather.

What a fun game to watch. The Seattle fans are SUPER into it causing all sorts of false starts. A group of fans held up a banner that says "One Manning Down, One To Go." A bit premature, that.

513756[/snapback]

Pretty nice showing for a city that's known for being apathetic hippies. 5 false starts in one drive for the Giants has to be some sort of record.

Pretty nice showing for a city that's known for being apathetic hippies.  5 false starts in one drive for the Giants has to be some sort of record.

513766[/snapback]

Jurevicious is having a great game. He was signed this offseason to be there 4th receiver! I always thought the guy was really good other than the major fact that he was injury prone.

Jurevicious is having a great game. He was signed this offseason to be there 4th receiver! I always thought the guy was really good other than the major fact that he was injury prone.

513768[/snapback]

He gives the chickens something they've been lacking - a WR who actually catches the balls thrown to him. It's no wonder he's becoming MH's favorite target when the chips are down. He's probably sick of watching the ball bounce off Darryl Jackson.

You guys need to give the Giants a little more credit. Giants are a pretty good football team. The Seahawks have had easy street for a schedule this year.

I hope the Hawks win, I have them picked in my pool. It don't look good right now for them.