Lot to be positive about this game

Losman continues to improve, IMO. He seemed much more confident and patient about there. That being said, the Defense is stilla bysmal and came up small when it really mattered.

Kudos to you JP for weathering the storm and continuing to grow. I feel good about our future at QB.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked no one has ripped Losman yet. He did play an okay game but he still didn't throw for over 200 yards. He did not throw a touchdown. And when it came down to it - he missed on a deep ball to Moulds that wouldve put us in position to win the game. The play after that, he throws a questionable interception. I'm a big JP fan but this was a typical JP losman like game, stats included.

Is it playcalling?

Is it our offensive lineman?

Is it the lack of a running game, again?

I'm sure it could be a combination of all that or...

Is it JP Losman? Just wondering.

The Defense is so abysmal they only alllowed 13 points to a team many consider the class of the nfc...... Look I know the defense allows really long drives, and against a team like carolina the last thing you want to do is allow their defense to stay fresh, and the dline definitly needs to be improved, but the d played well today against a good team, and Held the nfl's leading receiver in check.

When you allow only 13 points you should win in this league. Mularkey was brought in to make this offense better, but due to lack of quality offensive linemen and suspect playcalling we have gotten progressivly worse on that side of the ball.

I am shocked no one has ripped Losman yet. He did play an okay game but he still didn't throw for over 200 yards. He did not throw a touchdown. And when it came down to it - he missed on a deep ball to Moulds that wouldve put us in position to win the game. The play after that, he throws a questionable interception. I'm a big JP fan but this was a typical JP losman like game, stats included.

Is it playcalling?

513658[/snapback]

Blame the QB...why not? It's easy.

PTR

Losman continues to improve, IMO. He seemed much more confident and patient about there. That being said, the Defense is stilla bysmal and came up small when it really mattered.

Kudos to you JP for weathering the storm and continuing to grow. I feel good about our future at QB.

513646[/snapback]

He looked a lot more comfortable when he had time...I'd like to see them go to more 3-step dink-n-dunk passes like Carolina, Tampa and the other teams that have run up the time of possession on the Bills recently. JP throws a nice quick slant.

Blame the QB...why not?  It's easy.

PTR

513662[/snapback]

typical PTR post. no explanation or reasoning.

i want to believe JP is our guy as much as anyone but everybody's been praising the guy for his play today. i think he "progressed" and i want him to start for the rest of the season hands down but he had a chance to win this game and save the season. it just didn't happen for whatever reason, and i simply asked what is that reason. no blaming JP. as i said, "just wondering."

typical PTR post. no explanation or reasoning.

Yeah, but he's completely right.

How many QBs do we need to run out of town before we realize that maybe, just maybe, it's not the QB?

We could say the same thing about coaches.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. You can have the best WRs and RBs in the league, if the OL doesn't make holes and block for the QB, then it won't matter.

CW

Yeah, what the hell is the matter with the kid.

Let him develop for chrissakes.

I can remember three balls today that were perfectly thrown in difficult spots. One to Moulds on the sideline, one to Reed down the middle and one to Parrish down the middle.

He had a good game considering we couldn't do crap with the run game which sets up the play action which utilizes his speed.

Who gives two craps about Kelly Holcomb????

It was his 6th start in the league. :(

Fair enough. I promise to never expect a 200 yard+/1 TD game from JP for another 6 games.

I'm also encoraged by what I saw from JP, he's going to be tremendous with more experience & a better HC/OC.

513672[/snapback]

As if we'll get rid of MM. All along I thought Tom Clements was the reason our offense sucks. Now it falls on MM's shoulders. TD signed him to a 5 year deal, I don't think he's going anywhere.

The Defense is so abysmal they only alllowed 13 points to a team many consider the class of the nfc......  Look I know the defense allows really long drives, and against a team like carolina the last thing you want to do is allow their defense to stay fresh, and  the dline definitly needs to be improved, but the d played well today against a good team, and Held the nfl's leading receiver in check. 

When you allow only 13 points you should win in this league.  Mularkey was brought in to make this offense better, but due to lack of quality offensive linemen and suspect playcalling we have gotten progressivly worse on that side of the ball.

513660[/snapback]

Living in Charlotte I have watched the Panthers a lot. Their offense is a one man show.

If Steve Smith doesn't make big plays they will usually lose. The running game is inconsistent and is abandoned by the second half in most games. Our defense allowed them to run throughout the game. I give the Bills credit for keeping Steve Smith under wraps most of the game, but don't act like they stopped a potent offensive team.

Is it playcalling?

513658[/snapback]

On the deep ball to moulds, you obviously didnt see a blitzing julius peppres that was in JP's face as he threw. That MIGHT have had somehing to do with his pass off the mark.

[sarcasm]Or maybe he just sucks, like you say. :( [/sarcasm]

As if we'll get rid of MM. All along I thought Tom Clements was the reason our offense sucks. Now it falls on MM's shoulders. TD signed him to a 5 year deal, I don't think he's going anywhere.

513679[/snapback]

Maybe not after this year (though TC is a sure goner). But unless something really changes, I doubt MM sees all 5 years here, JP will definitely outlast him.

On the deep ball to moulds, you obviously didnt see a blitzing julius peppres that was in JP's face as he threw. That MIGHT have had somehing to do with his pass off the mark.

[sarcasm]Or maybe he just sucks, like you say.  :( [/sarcasm]

513681[/snapback]

You obviously didn't read my post. I don't think JP sucks. Never said that. Just wanted to see him finish off the game. It wouldve meant a lot to the team and for the rest of the season. I thought JP made some excellent throws today and maybe our lack of running game put too much pressure on him.

I thought he had enough time to make that throw, but apparently you were on the field and saw better than I did.

You obviously didn't read my post. I don't think JP sucks. Never said that. Just wanted to see him finish off the game. It wouldve meant a lot to the team and for the rest of the season. I thought JP made some excellent throws today and maybe our lack of running game put too much pressure on him.

I thought he had enough time to make that throw, but apparently you were on the field and saw better than I did.

513690[/snapback]

I wasn't on the field, but I clearly saw pressure coming.

No excuses though, I need my QB to make that play.

I see progress with JP and that makes me happy. Unfortunately, losing the game pisses me off so it's a bit of a wash....

Bottom line is the defense once again did not step up at home and make the play it needed to make in crunch time. Hold them to a field goal and let's see what happens in ot. The defense is the biggest disappointment of the year for me.

I see progress with JP and that makes me happy. Unfortunately, losing the game pisses me off so it's a bit of a wash....

513743[/snapback]

I agree. My original post was misleading. I didn't mean to put all of the blame on JP (some people took it that way). He played good. The offensive line gave him hardly any time (except on the roll outs, he had a ton of time, wish we'd do more of that) and Willis McGahee couldn't do anything today (once again, offensive line). I guess my expectations were a bit high for him to finish off that game.