How Ridiculously Talented Are NHL Players?

Alaska Darin

Marek Malik, he of the 27 CAREER goals, makes an absolutely ridiculously move to win a shootout for the Rangers (over the Caps) in the FIFTEENTH round of the darn thing.

GREAT stuff and making the two NYC teams winners on great game ending plays the same day.

513200[/snapback]

I watched the game last night, and I laughed for 5 solid minutes until my ribs hurt.

The best thing was how he deadpanned it once he scored as if it was no big deal.

I'll never forget that one, the shooter shooting between his own legs.

The shootout, and the new rules, showcase talent.

Hockey is back. :blink: There should be a shed a little tear smiley.

yes, i'm excited for today.  bills at 1, sabres at 4

513363[/snapback]

Randomly turning that game on last night was one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. I'm not the biggest fan of deciding a game by shootout, but that was one hell of an exciting ending last night.

Marek Malik, he of the 27 CAREER goals, makes an absolutely ridiculously move to win a shootout for the Rangers (over the Caps) in the FIFTEENTH round of the darn thing.

GREAT stuff and making the two NYC teams winners on great game ending plays the same day.

513200[/snapback]

I saw that on Sportscenter, amazing goal.

513200[/snapback]

Not to take away from his shootout goal but that move is pretty easy to pull. He gets props from me for actually going that route in a meaningful game. However, if he doesn't score, he would have heard a lot from his team.

I still don't like that fact that teams get points for losses. It's cheap but the NHL is better than it has been in over 10 years.

Go Sabres!

I wish that it was 3 points for a regulation victory, 2 points for an OT win, and 1 point for an OT loss.

514156[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!!

Games that go into OT shouldn't be worth 3 points (2 for W, 1 for OTL). This becomes a big deal for the conference games, where teams can miss the top 8 playoff seeds simply because their conference rivals played in more OT games :blink: .

This is the 1 thing that is keeping the NHL from being the best pro sports league, in my opinion (I would rank NFL #1, but they're about to lose the salary cap...plus the Modells, Bensons, Snyders, JJ's, and Tagliabues piss me off beyond belief).