This is the Week!

I am tired of hearing about how the Panthers are going to thrash us because they will be highly motivated coming off their loss to the Bears... We should be even MORE motivated after being embarrassed in San Diego last week!

This is OUR house -- not theirs. And it is high time that the team hears the rally call and comes ready to play. I just have a feeling that this is the week that the offense finally comes together. JP will be in the friendly confines of the Ralph, and I see Roscoe being heavily used in the gameplan. A couple quick hits to him should open things up down the field for Evans and Moulds, which should in turn open things up for the running game. Defensively, I am not too worried about the running game. And I look for Nate to shake off last week's slump (which was really team-wide) and rise to the occasion against the league's top WR in Steve Smith.

I'm also tired of hearing about how the season is over. We have 3 more games at home. They are all tough, but we are 4-1 there this year. If we win those games that puts us at 7-9. Of the remaining road games, we get a crack at Miami and the Jets. Yes, I know it is always hard beating division opponents on the road, but we are better that either the Jets or Phins -- and should beat them. That puts us at 9-7, and anything can happen from there.

I know I am getting ahead of myself... but it all starts tomorrow -- and we need to start seeing the kind of intensity we saw out of this team in the final weeks last year.

I am tired of hearing about how the Panthers are going to thrash us because they will be highly motivated coming off their loss to the Bears... We should be even MORE motivated after being embarrassed in San Diego last week!

This is OUR house -- not theirs. And it is high time that the team hears the rally call and comes ready to play. I just have a feeling that this is the week that the offense finally comes together. JP will be in the friendly confines of the Ralph, and I see Roscoe being heavily used in the gameplan. A couple quick hits to him should open things up down the field for Evans and Moulds, which should in turn open things up for the running game. Defensively, I am not too worried about the running game. And I look for Nate to shake off last week's slump (which was really team-wide) and rise to the occasion against the league's top WR in Steve Smith.

I'm also tired of hearing about how the season is over. We have 3 more games at home. They are all tough, but we are 4-1 there this year. If we win those games that puts us at 7-9. Of the remaining road games, we get a crack at Miami and the Jets. Yes, I know it is always hard beating division opponents on the road, but we are better that either the Jets or Phins -- and should beat them. That puts us at 9-7, and anything can happen from there.

I know I am getting ahead of myself... but it all starts tomorrow -- and we need to start seeing the kind of intensity we saw out of this team in the final weeks last year.

513129[/snapback]

Let's check back tomorrow at 4:15 or so...The Panthers are a better team, but this is the NFL of the new millenium where anyone has a chance....

Ok, but I dont know what hatches are, much less how to button them....any hints?

513185[/snapback]

I think the phrase is "batten down the hatches."

A batten is a strip of narrow wood used to secure the hatches on a sailing vessel or ship...

Mainly if I recall, they are used to be placed in pockets of the sails to give the sail more rigidness?